• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shuffle & Cut Brawl Weeklies Brawl (Saturday) and Melee (Sunday) 10/25 cancelled*

Danimals

Smash Apprentice
e3 the public aint allowed,
so I don't get why you coming down here

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I don't have plans this weekend, so I'll probably show up.

Then again, I have no reason to since I live 5 minutes away :D

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Some people have special passes, I know my friend had one a few years back but I can't remember what kind it was.
It's really hard to obtain passes now. E3 2006 and earlier they let somewhere around 60-70,000 people in, including GameStop managers. E3 2007 and 2008, only 3000-4000 members of the press who are invited directly by the big companies, and gaming company employees. If you're not invited directly by Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Ubisoft, Nyko, Konami, etc...you don't get in.

e3 the public aint allowed,
so I don't get why you coming down here
Hm. Perhaps I'm not public? :)

wait people are going to this instead of races?

thats dum
I'm planning on going to this one, unless everyone (including Edrees and DSF) goes to races. Which do you think is likely to be larger?
I'm looking forward to this greatly. :) Never had the opportunity to go to a tournament outside of Eastern WA.

Danimals

Smash Apprentice
uhmm mike races tourney is most likely going to be held back for another month I talk to him

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Hmm, I might end up going to Race's if its still on.

He just posted:
Ok lol, sorry guys please disregard what i've been saying for the past few days, the tourney is still on and will be at the original location (My house) just like from the start.I talked it over and arranged thigns so I can make it possible for this weekend, whew. . .

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Race's tourney is no longer behind held back. It's this Saturday. i'm going there, and DSf probably will too because its an hour closer to his house than shuffle. wait who am i kidding alex will make it to both tournies

angelspe3d

Smash Journeyman
im thinkin about going.... mayb3 will if th3r3 will b3 about 20 p3opl3 th3r3 down

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Oh yeah, I still got your TV + $5 + Medal, so you should go ;)

$ick

Smash Lord
I agree. $5 is wayyyyyy too expensive, tourney entry fees should be $3 each.
Lol not sure if this is sarcasm or maybe you're just young. $5 is no prob for entry fee. But $8 for singles and $12 for doubles for a not huge tourny with no friendlies is too much imo. :)

oiMrXio

Smash Cadet
Lol not sure if this is sarcasm or maybe you're just young. $5 is no prob for entry fee. But $8 for singles and $12 for doubles for a not huge tourny with no friendlies is too much imo. :)
It was sarcasm. And agreed Glenn, only in the smash community would anyone mistakenly take that post seriously =[.

angelspe3d

Smash Journeyman
WOWOWOWOW
so is it 8 bux m3aning 5 3ntry 3 dolla for ... th3m....
or just 8 3ntry????

and who is all going i wanna play tomarro r3allly bad... but 3v3ryon3 wh3r3 i liv3 sux...
c3pt on3 guy lol

$ick

Smash Lord
WTH is a friggin $3 difference? Seriously, don't buy Little Caesars pizza for two days and you'll have enough.

Only the smash community ...

--GCII
Don't assume everyone has as much money as you, even if you wouldn't consider yourself wealthy. It makes even the coolest people come off as arrogant. Lol @ people thinking not buying some random perk makes up for spending more money. What if one already doesn't buy random perks? Mind blowing.

Edit: Ionno if the reason I took that post so offensively is cause I'm about to fall asleep or not, so I'll see how I feel about it in the morning.

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
Lol...Good point P. Never thought i'd say that.
But $3 isn't all that much. It IS only $3. For something we generally stay all day for. I dont think its fair to ***** over such a small amount of money.
And i can say that being the brokest smasher is SoCal >.>. But like $ick said...Some of us dont spend on perks so $3 can make a difference.

Top Bottom