• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shroom for the Stars: Captain Toad for Smash 4! CHAPTER 11: IT'S A MII; TOAD!

domokl

Smash Lord
This would prove the people thinking we can't get newcomer dlc wrong as well which would make me so happy

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Here is Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker's page on that same website, it can be found on the sidebar:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_news/140620/kinopio/index.html
At the very least, it has some new screenshots.
Thanks to the powers of Google Chrome's Translate abilities...

...I am now able to read absolutely none of this page! Good job Chrome!

Well, except for this little part down here that means nothing to any of us. All it says is:

Studio Name: Nintendo Suggested Retail Price: TBD
Release Date: 2014 winter
Genre: Adventure miniature garden

What even is an Adventure Miniature Garden?!

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
So captain toad is possibly the first smash dlc character. Now that's awesome!

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Captain Toad is hands down one of the best choices for DLC, right up there with cut veterans.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I hope it really IS hinting at Captain Toad. He would be SO fun to play as, and some Toad should had been playable by at LEAST Brawl imo.
Thread hop.

So when's the release date for this game again?
In JP, 3DS one releases in early September (I think the 13th) and in NA the 3DS releases in October 3rd I think.

I miss Pichu tbh qq

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well I'm stoked. I hope Captain Toad's wish gets granted.

I'm pumped though. But I have to still remember to not get too hopeful here. This would be bit too revealing of a "hint" (after right Sakurai keeping on talking constantly how annoying it is for him to get new character requests, hence Mii Fighters.)
But we had Rosalina's sudden love-filled promotion and hype, so maybe Captain Toad would follow her too?

Also, is this an ongoing event thing or something?

EDIT: Ohrightytheeen - after reading what Yoshi & Toad said, I second him. Though at most worst (and realistically), we might not get... anything regarding Captain Toad. He might just be a mere "host" in this thing.

I hope not.

Oh right, also put me in the supporter list!

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
safdasfjiosafjasoifsajofiasjfioasjosaifjsaiofsa

Don't tease me Nintendo. Don't do this to me. DON'T.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I can only wish this is not teasing THIS TIME...

Maybe I'll go hit the shack and sleep in order to save energy from staying so late midnight for this kind of thing. (-´~`-);

I hope you'll be blessed for the hint fellow fans. I really hope...

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Wait.....when is this event thingy majig?

Could we find out that our very own cute little adventurer will be smashing Mario's greedy little mustache face in soon? Is it that soon?

Because if so...I have an economy sized tub of coffee I'd more than happily make love to to wait for this.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
But Palutena was teased.

And look where she is now. :smirk:
Well you've got a point. I sometimes think it's just bias though. I'd be stoked though if Captain Toad would be the next "Rosalina" with what's currently going on. But we have shot so many times in the stars before for reading too much into something. Basically what Fogbadge's saying few pages back, this is likely nothing significant, only something humoristic to see.

(Okay, I really need to sleep...)

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Palutena was teased hard. So was Little Mac.
I don't care if Toad/Captain Toad is on-disc or DLC. I just want him.

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I wouldn't kind Captain Toad at all. Perfect 6th Mario rep.
EDIT: Mind. Auto-Correct Suckss.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Palutena was teased hard. So was Little Mac.
I don't care if Toad/Captain Toad is on-disc or DLC. I just want him.
This. I've wanted a Toad since Melee.

If Toad/Captain Toad gets in. I will have all 5 of my favorite Mario characters in Smash. Come on Captain Toad join Rosalina, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser. Complete the chain. :happysheep:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So the event's World Hobby Fair 2014? Didn't this end back in 26 June?

EDIT: Oh, also 4.7.

Is this still ongoing? Could someone inform me?

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
So the event's World Hobby Fair 2014? Didn't this end back in 26 June?

EDIT: Oh, also 4.7.

Is this still ongoing? Could someone inform me?
I don't know. It says something about summer '14.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I shroom under the stars all day *****

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
At the world hobby fair triple deluxe mk8 fossil fighters infinte and smash for 3ds were there.BUT this page is showing ammibo compatible gamesx and captain toad just thrown in there. Why would captain toad be there for no reason? Unless his amibo is compatible with smash bros. Day dreaming of joing the fight indeed.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Okay now, frankly I think it's this:

- This is a coverage of the ended event for World Hobby Fair 2014 in Japan. Toad's merely posting his thoughts about it (or general info).
- The whole "wishing to join the fight" might just be something humorous and not to be taken seriously. I know we've had hints before, but there's still no indication on what we're expecting (Amiibo crossover play, DLC) becoming true (unless in the future).
- On the other hand, the idea of Captain Toad being featured with showcase of Amiibo-compatible games (because his is also one but it's not featured in the event) is something we COULD take note of.

I suggest taking these with big grain of salt and perhaps keep observations up on the future - at the very best, let's not fall to whole "HINT CONFIRMUDH"-habit again guys.

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
The thing about toad being the one doing the thought is why not mario? Captain toad randomly being there is weird over other big mascots. Why him?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
The thing about toad being the one doing the thought is why not mario? Captain toad randomly being there is weird over other big mascots. Why him?
True, true, but that might be because he also has a new game coming out.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
To join the logical side for a moment and not the hyped. They could've chose Captain Toad simply because he unlike Mario has a game he is starring in coming out this year.

domokl

Smash Lord
Couldn't the he has a new game logic be used for pretty much every character that has a new game soon? Yoshi has a new game pokemon has a new game heck even inklings could've been used. Also techniically mario maker IS a new mario game just not traditonal

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Couldn't the he has a new game logic be used for pretty much every character that has a new game soon? Yoshi has a new game pokemon has a new game heck even inklings could've been used. Also techniically mario maker IS a new mario game just not traditonal
To be fair, Yoshi's Wooly World was already shown before E3 (but it was called Yarn Yoshi), and there isn't a specific character posterboying for Pokemon ORAS or Mario Maker.

domokl

Smash Lord
To be fair, Yoshi's Wooly World was already shown before E3 (but it was called Yarn Yoshi), and there isn't a specific character posterboying for Pokemon ORAS or Mario Maker.
Pikachu and mario are still the mascots and still promient in those games. Also inkling still works.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Pikachu and mario are still the mascots and still promient in those games. Also inkling still works.
However, Toad is one of the top 10 most popular gaming characters in Japan. Mario has already had tons of new games, Yarn Yoshi wasn't even at the World Fair. Inkling would be a bit too new, and Pikachu wouldn't be that good of a host.

domokl

Smash Lord
However, Toad is one of the top 10 most popular gaming characters in Japan. Mario has already had tons of new games, Yarn Yoshi wasn't even at the World Fair. Inkling would be a bit too new, and Pikachu wouldn't be that good of a host.
I'm not gonna argue this as this could go on and on. That aside though fossil fighters infinte and kirby triple deluxe were at the fair yet not featured here. They also happen to be the two none amibo exculsive games. Cocidence or not?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'm not gonna argue this as this could go on and on. That aside though fossil fighters infinte and kirby triple deluxe were at the fair yet not featured here. They also happen to be the two none amibo exculsive games. Cocidence or not?
Sorry if I sound dumb, but how is KTD and FF being none amiibo a coincidence? o uo"

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
Sorry if I sound dumb, but how is KTD and FF being none amiibo a coincidence? o uo"
I mean captaint toad being with the other amibo games suggest his amibo is going into effect in those games while coincedentaly the other games form the world hobby fair are not there

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Does anyone know of anyone else who speaks Japanese? @ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom isn't noticing me or is ignoring me...
I've been swamped at work so I don't really have much time to translate it. I'll be off Smashboards for a while as there's a Super Typhoon coming to Japan tomorrow/Thursday so Ill hopefully be riding out the storm. My area will take the first blow from the storm.

@--- or @Frostwraith might be able to do it.

Last edited:
Thanks to the powers of Google Chrome's Translate abilities...

...I am now able to read absolutely none of this page! Good job Chrome!

Well, except for this little part down here that means nothing to any of us. All it says is:

Studio Name: Nintendo Suggested Retail Price: TBD
Release Date: 2014 winter
Genre: Adventure miniature garden

What even is an Adventure Miniature Garden?!
Unfortunately, Chrome can't translate text in an image.

I took some images that are here and ran them through optical character recognition and then took the resulting text into Google Translate.

As was probably guessed, it's just an ad for the Whobby fair written in-character from Captain Toad.

example said:
お宝探していろんな場所を目険中のキノピオ隊長。 いつの間にか、最新の「おもちゃ」や「ゲーム」を体験できる I.次世代ワールドホビーアIア 、14 Summer」の会場に迷い込んじゃった! この機会を利用して、キノピオ隊長が会場の様子をちょっとだけレポートしてくれるそうです! だけど、こんなにたくさん人がいる場所で、ひとりで大丈夫?進め!キノピオ隊長!!

The captain of Meken Toad in the various places looking for treasure. All too soon, you accidentally wandered into the venue I. World Hobby A I A to experience and the latest "toys" and "game", of 14 Summer "! To take advantage of this opportunity, Toad Captain I seem to report only a little the venue! But I, in a place where a lot of people so, all right alone? Advance! Toad Captain! !

Last edited:
Top Bottom