Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

BlueEyedGrimmbat

Smash Cadet
I personally don't think lack of popularity is that much of a problem for Reimu. Also, I'd like to see the Hakurei Shrine as Reimu's stage. With a few stage hazard cameos it would fully represent the spirit of Touhou.

Also...

I don't think I heard anyone say Spirit Board but here is a Reimu Spirit Board I Made : )

I feel like I struck a good balance between popular and relevant
Nice job! While I disagree with some of the placements (Yukari, Alice, Aya) I think this is a great representation of Touhou nevertheless.

Can you explain how you made this, by any chance? I'm looking to create a Spirit Board of my own.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Don't know if we've discussed this yet, but there's this new fangame coming up and it's basically Touhou Ball Z. I think it's pretty cool.
I've had my eye on Valkyrie of Phantasm for a while. It looks like a more refined Sky Arena. Dunno how good it'll actually end up being, though.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Lord
Don't know if we've discussed this yet, but there's this new fangame coming up and it's basically Touhou Ball Z. I think it's pretty cool.
It actually does look pretty good, this game. This was announced last year, right? And this is the only thing thus far that we know about Valkyrie of Phantasm? Right?

kaithehedgefox

Smash Ace
I personally don't think lack of popularity is that much of a problem for Reimu. Also, I'd like to see the Hakurei Shrine as Reimu's stage. With a few stage hazard cameos it would fully represent the spirit of Touhou.
I agree, Reimu is already one of the most iconic/famous indie game characters. Same goes with Freddy Fazbear.

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Neat! I'm definitely there for a 3D arena fighter with a better graphical style.

Lyncario

Smash Journeyman
I'll just say that this game looks incredible, in both gameplay and graphics (and also music, but that's a given for Touhou). I really can't wait for a release date for that game.

gavtel

Smash Cadet
The VOD's up for the Gensou Skydrift Chinese Tournament now. Only 54 participants though so I guess there's no new character picked (unless they changed their mind but I doubt it), though there was a spam of "ORIN WHEN?" in chat, at one point in the second VOD. Here's the links, if you want to watch it despite no new character picked / no screenshots of stuff being worked on (unlike the 2nd tournament stream):

Part 1: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1WZ4y1M7fF

Part 2: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV17V411z7k3

Last edited:

Arcane Jill

Smash Rookie
I don't think popularity is that big of an issue for her as well. Wouldn't call Reimu a household name, but I feel she is big enough to get into Smash and she still has a leg up over any other indie still in the running. Feel like Shrine is the most likely stage, but I'm not counting out the possibility of SDM being picked instead. Not a big fan of the hazard thing, perfer the non-interactive cameos the othe DLC stages got. Curious to see who would make the cut with Touhou's massive character roster.

Also, greetings everyone lol :)

GolisoPower

Smash Lord
Hey, I ran into this hilarious piece of fanart in the hypothetical event that Reimu becomes Challenger Pack 7.
1596471798295.png

SharkLord

Smash Lord
Hey, I ran into this hilarious piece of fanart in the hypothetical event that Reimu becomes Challenger Pack 7.
View attachment 281097
Would Sanae even be old enough to know what Smash is? Assuming the dates line up with the release years, the Moriya Shrine would have to have immigrated to Gensokyo before Brawl was even released. If anything, she'd probably associate it with Melee Fox or something.
Sumeriko would most definitely freak out, though.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Would Sanae even be old enough to know what Smash is? Assuming the dates line up with the release years, the Moriya Shrine would have to have immigrated to Gensokyo before Brawl was even released. If anything, she'd probably associate it with Melee Fox or something.
She could've just played 64 and Melee, I don't see why not. Even Melee had its silly things like Sonic rumors.

Lyncario

Smash Journeyman
Considering that MoF released in 2007, it was before Brawl released. However, Brawl was first showcased at E3 2006, so the news of the first newcomers like Snake woudl likely be something she knows. Then Sumireko tells Sanae that they also added Sonic, Megaman, Ryu, Cloud, and Erdrick, which would likely cause her to faint.

SharkLord

Smash Lord
Considering that MoF released in 2007, it was before Brawl released. However, Brawl was first showcased at E3 2006, so the news of the first newcomers like Snake woudl likely be something she knows. Then Sumireko tells Sanae that they also added Sonic, Megaman, Ryu, Cloud, and Erdrick, which would likely cause her to faint.
"It's been over a decade, did Isaac get in?"
"No, but we got Joker, the Inklings, and Byleth."
"What the **** is a Byleth"

kaithehedgefox

Smash Ace
"It's been over a decade, did Isaac get in?"
"No, but we got Joker, the Inklings, and Byleth."
"What the **** is a Byleth"
Once again, the inclusion of Ren/Joker (Persona) and Terry (King of Fighters), doesn't prevent characters along the lines of Bomberman and Crash Bandicoot from getting in the future. Same would go with Reimu.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Lord
Once again, the inclusion of Ren/Joker (Persona) and Terry (King of Fighters), doesn't prevent characters along the lines of Bomberman and Crash Bandicoot from getting in the future. Same would go with Reimu.
I never said anything about that. Sanae just wouldn't have any idea about 2010's games since she moved to Gensokyo around the bginning of the 7th console generation. She wouldn't know about Splatoon, or Minecraft, or Assassin's Creed or Shovel Knight or any game that became iconic in the last decade. If we actually showed Ultimate to people back in the Brawl days, it would mostly be people trying to figure out who the **** the little squid kids are and why they're fighting Ridley.

SharkLord

Smash Lord
Knowing that Touhou needs fan translations, do all the Touhou games on Steam have those fan patches floating around? Or do I have to find them elsewhere? If the latter is true, is there any reliable sites you know of that I could use to download the translations?

Lyncario

Smash Journeyman
Knowing that Touhou needs fan translations, do all the Touhou games on Steam have those fan patches floating around? Or do I have to find them elsewhere? If the latter is true, is there any reliable sites you know of that I could use to download the translations?
The Moriya Shrine site is the way to go for translations patches.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Try looking for "Touhou Patch Center" there's an entire wiki site on it, and it usually works well enough for me.

GolisoPower

Smash Lord
So I just had a little thought here:

On a scale from Mario to Min Min with Mario being the comfort zone character and Min Min being the absolute mold-breaker character, how much unique would Reimu be compared to the rest of the cast? I, personally, would imagine her being like Ryu/Ken/Terry-levels of different, being different but not really enough to require a different line of thinking, in general, to play effectively, but I wanna know what you guys think, too.

SharkLord

Smash Lord

On a scale from Mario to Min Min with Mario being the comfort zone character and Min Min being the absolute mold-breaker character, how much unique would Reimu be compared to the rest of the cast? I, personally, would imagine her being like Ryu/Ken/Terry-levels of different, being different but not really enough to require a different line of thinking, in general, to play effectively, but I wanna know what you guys think, too.
I'd say around Terry-level is right. With her grazing, Options, and flight, she'd have a lot of new stuff to add to the standard formula, but not to the point that her control scheme itself is different.

Lyncario

Smash Journeyman

I'd say that Terry level of breaking the mold seems right, she would have a base moveset pretty straightforward but her added mechanics would makes her unusual in a good way like Terry is, maybe even more depending on how far they would go with them.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion

It depends on how wild they'd want to get with her. I'm of the opinion that you could make a great Reimu with no special gimmick mechanic whatsoever, in which case she'd be very accessible, but Sakurai could also go crazy and incorporate a whole bunch of classic Touhou mechanics like focusing and points collection as gimmicks, in which case she'd play a lot more oddly.

PurpleXCompleX

Smash Cadet
NNID
PurpleXCompleX
Switch FC
SW 3371 1386 0430
25 Hour Touhou Station Broadcast on August 22nd.
The contents have been partially revealed on their website https://touhougarakuta.com/news/toho_station_25_01

From what I gathered from the website, the broadcast will include (but isnt limited to)
- The Kids Illustration Contest thats coming up in October
- Another Touhou Genso SkyDrift Tournament with support from SGN who have experience in hosting Tournaments
- Touhou Genso Mahjong with professional Mahjong player ASAPIN
- 72 hours Touhou Fan Game Jam that starts 2 Days before the Broadcast.
... and more. More Informations will be announced in the future.

Special Guests:
ZUN
Koshin Asakura (ASAPIN) (Mahjong Pro at U-NEXT Pirates)
Akina Mizuhara (Mahjong Pro at U-NEXT Pirates)
... and others. More Informations will be announced in the future.
More informations have been added. The other special guests are:
- Shirakami Fubuki (HoloLive)
- Houshou Marine (HoloLive)
- Noda Crystal (Magical Lovely)
- ChibaNyan (musician)
- Marasy (well known Touhou pianists)

- IOSYS, EastNewSound, Unlucky Morpheus, ButaOtome, Shojoriron,

The MC will be Beatmario, likely also as his new VTuber alter-ego.
and Mai Kanazawa (voice actress)

Thats actually not even all of it. You can see the recent article here.
https://touhougarakuta.com/news/toho_station_25_01/

GSun

Smash Rookie
Just got into modding Smash Ultimate awhile back, so here's some stuff I've done.

Changed the Smash Ultimate opening to an edited version of the 2nd opening from the fanmade Touhou anime "Fantasy Kaleidoscope ~The Memories of Phantasm".

Ripped 90+ Touhou Stage Builds and 60+ Touhou Miis from Smash Ultimate's online "Shared Content". Nintendo automatically deletes all content in "Shared Content" that's over 3 months old, so I made a backup. (AKA you won't find these on "Shared Content" anymore).

Added 400+ Touhou songs into Smash Ultimate. Had to manually convert them one-by-one with smashultimatetools.com so it took awhile. Made an Excel Spreadsheet and Word Document featuring all the songs, plus some others.
Excel Spreadsheet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IMSUvw_yHFUwtoeLGoQGRaj39P8ppiQ0/view?usp=sharing
Word Document: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15jlpIdBiWxZ2qYqVlA7O0IVpgqtJpjG8/view?usp=sharing

Look forward to a Touhou model swap mod coming in a few months!

Top Bottom