• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

PurpleXCompleX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurpleXCompleX
Regarding AoCF. The publisher is Phoenixx who previously had been publishing Touhou fangames worldwide on Switch and Steam.
But as of now, nothing about a worldwide release has been confirmed yet.

About Genso SkyDrift. The characters are Alice and Rin, both of which were handpicked by the winners of Tournaments that were being held.
The courses that are being added are Heaven and Development Area B (Outside World).
The PS4 version will not feature cross-play between the PC and Switch version... But the content update will roll out on every system the same date the PS4 version releases, March 9.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
You know, I'm now thinking Crash isn't the next fighter in this pass. I mean, look: we have Crash 4 coming to Switch next month, yes, but now we have Antinomy of Common Flowers, our first ever official Touhou game on the Switch, coming this Spring. Right now, I'm thinking it'd be Reimu.

This would throw my entire parallel thing for a loop, though it would still give better credence to the 5ch leak. Besides, Crash is probably a better reveal for E3 this year. The timing just seems right. We're far off from E3, but we're also at the point where Challenger Pack 9 should be revealed since it's been a couple months since Sephiroth released. Which begs the question: if Reimu's the next one, would she be revealed in an Indie World, or like Steve in the sense that she'd be in a separate standalone event?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know, I'm now thinking Crash isn't the next fighter in this pass. I mean, look: we have Crash 4 coming to Switch next month, yes, but now we have Antinomy of Common Flowers, our first ever official Touhou game on the Switch, coming this Spring. Right now, I'm thinking it'd be Reimu.

This would throw my entire parallel thing for a loop, though it would still give better credence to the 5ch leak. Besides, Crash is probably a better reveal for E3 this year. The timing just seems right. We're far off from E3, but we're also at the point where Challenger Pack 9 should be revealed since it's been a couple months since Sephiroth released. Which begs the question: if Reimu's the next one, would she be revealed in an Indie World, or like Steve in the sense that she'd be in a separate standalone event?
I’m gonna say separate standalone event. After all, we never got a Pokémon character released in a Pokémon focused direct, nor a new Mario character in the Mario one

zferolie

Smash Hero

it would be intersting, if it goes that 5chan route, of reimu, crash, and KOSMOS finish. that is par fkor the corse of not ending on a super hype note, and a big western at e3

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Unless Nintendo's actively pushing something, I don't think they're going to care all that much about release dates. Lot's of big games get Switch ports all the time, and they don't get anything in Smash. You could sorta make an argument for that with Byleth and Cindered Shadows, the ARMS guessing game and the free trial, and Steve and MineCon, but none of those are actual releases and Sephiroth broke that pattern anyways. Maybe if Nintendo starts going all-in on the AoCF advertisement or if there's a big event like Retaisai, I might start considering it, but I still doubt we'll be seeing fighters that are actually timed around release dates.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Touhou 15.5 Antimony of Common Flowers coming to PS4 and Switch in Spring this year.

Edit: Also in other news, Genso SkyDrift is coming to PS4 on March 9.
Alice and Rin as well as 2 new courses will be added in an update.

The PV is also a reference to Gran Turismo openings, lol.
Oh nice, I gotta download Antimony of Common Flowers once it comes on the Switch. :)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I managed to read through the translations of Cheating Detective Satori, went through the comments, and uh

Hoo boy, everyone's really banking on Mima coming back.
...should we tell them?

imo ten desires was the deadline to bring her back and they missed that

sessian

Smash Rookie
Just between you and me, I think it'd be an absolutely hilarious cherry on top if Reimu came to Smash and Mima was a spirit or stage cameo. First official appearance since forever ago and it's not even in an actual Touhou game.

Reincarnation needs to be on the track list, though.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
A'ight, so I have a few predictions for how this new Direct is gonna go:

• Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: REIMU Responds to the Prayers + MARISA Makes Some Magic
  • Mr. Sakurai Presents "Reimu Hakurei and Marisa Kirisame" showcase after the Direct
  • Reaffirmation of Banjo, Terry and Byleth amiibo
  • Announcement of Min Min, Steve and Sephiroth amiibo for Summer 2021
  • Antinomy of Common Flowers worldwide release
  • Touhou SHMUP collection of some sort
  • BotW 2
  • Teaser for Monolith Soft's original IP
  • Mario Kart 9, or some new mainline Mario Kart entry.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

• Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: REIMU Responds to the Prayers + MARISA Makes Some Magic
  • Mr. Sakurai Presents "Reimu Hakurei and Marisa Kirisame" showcase after the Direct
  • BotW 2
Marisa’s an alt I take it?

zferolie

Smash Hero

• BotW 2
Part of me wants to add the gen 4 remakes for pokemon, but i feel like thats being saved for pokemon day

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord

• BotW 2
  • Touhou 99 announcement based on the Phantasmagoria game

Quidd Dude

Smash Apprentice
My only fear with the pontetial inclusion of Reimu in smash is that annoying people would join the community and do something simillar to what happened with Persona. But since touhou is more niche maybe that won't happen right?

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
My only fear with the pontetial inclusion of Reimu in smash is that annoying people would join the community and do something simillar to what happened with Persona. But since touhou is more niche maybe that won't happen right?
Oh don't worry, if the normies got into Touhou from the game (which is highly likely) they will back away because how hard it is and is not "beginner friendly" (kinda like KoF)

Last edited:

Destinylegend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Destinylegend
3DS FC
2122-6400-3417
Hey, imagine if Sakurai throws us a goddamn curve ball and reveals CIRNO for Challenger Pack 9. Or should I say Challenger Pack ⑨.
Lol, wouldn't mind since I do like Cirno, she makes me laugh, all the memes to be had with her, lol. But do hope it's Reimu, would be really cool to see her!

PurpleXCompleX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurpleXCompleX
Expecting a Touhou game, like AoCF, to show up or a different one thats published by Phoenixx.
Not expecting Touhou for Smash at all. I'm still on the edge and nervous about the newcomer anyways.
Just dont want this to be a letdown, like with a 1st Party, but I feel like thats unlikely regardless.
I think Itll be interesting.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
My gut's hesitant on an AoCF localization so soon. We literally just got the announcement; Maybe in the Japanese direct, assuming there's regional differences, but I feel like it's a bit early for the translation, if there is one at all.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My gut's hesitant on an AoCF localization so soon. We literally just got the announcement; Maybe in the Japanese direct, assuming there's regional differences, but I feel like it's a bit early for the translation, if there is one at all.
Wasn’t there also rumors of EoSD coming to switch? What if it’s that AND it’s a worldwide release?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Wasn’t there also rumors of EoSD coming to switch? What if it’s that AND it’s a worldwide release?
I believe that was ZUN's marketing(?) pal saying that Nintendo would support them in "various ways" if EoSD was ported. It's a possibility, but there's not much else to go off of with that. It's just a rumor right now, and until anything else is said or it's actually announced, we can't list it as anything more than a "maybe."

zriL

Smash Journeyman
What's even more weird about Sakurai's tweet besides "houhou". The rest of the tweet refer to information about smash bros, it reads like that in Japanese :
“Suma bura” no jōhō ga aru to
So the only word that is not "smash bros" or a verb/conjunction is "jouhou", which means "information", and it also rhymes with Touhou with only one different letter.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What's even more weird about Sakurai's tweet besides "houhou". The rest of the tweet refer to information about smash bros, it reads like that in Japanese :
“Suma bura” no jōhō ga aru to
So the only word that is not "smash bros" or a verb/conjunction is "jouhou", which means "information", and it also rhymes with Touhou with only one different letter.
And then you’ve got THIS:
Oh F R I C K

before the second hoho in hiragana, I see “to” (と)
と to
ほ ho
う u

you thought you were slick Sakurai I’m on to you

Top Bottom