• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shquirtle Shquad Crew Thread!!!

Ether

Smash Ace
So,

It's time for Squirtle Squad re-initiation.

That's right. The Squirtle Squad tournament is happening. It will be on a Sunday. You guys pick one that's good for everyone, or I will pick one for you.

Top 5 are SS starters. Those placing 7th will be alternates. Everyone else, go home and practice and try again.

Top 2 are co-captains. They can kick out or enlist members as they see fit. The rule will be that you will have to beat one of these two members in 2 out of 3 sets of 3/5 matches to join SS. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for the next SS tourney, which I plan to make monthly, to try again.

Everyone get your game on, and I'll see you in the top 5.

-Ether

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
yes! finally!

Personally i'd like to see it go down.. the 13th of January, since school starts couple days before and there really isn't any work when classes start. Also, will the format still be Round Robin? or regular tournament format?

Top 7 get the Squirtle pins too :)

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
are we all going to play brawl when it comes out?

ether? thoughts? i want to pick up IC..they really ought to be higher tier..only aren't because of peach..but as a counterpick they are amazing...only problem is..as technical a fox as i play..proper use of IC is probably harder....still i'm tempted to pick them up...

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
who do you plan to counter pick using IC's? I used to main IC's before i went to falco, yes they are amazing, desync, wobbling, fast, but reason why i moved on was b/c i wanted more, i wanted to be more technical.

also ether, get your *** on AIM

Ether

Smash Ace
You should pick up ICs just so I can get Chu practice.

ICs lose to peach and falcon, and go even with marth. They're probably right where they belong on the tier list.

Everyone get psyched up for this tournament!

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
You should pick up ICs just so I can get Chu practice.

ICs lose to peach and falcon, and go even with marth. They're probably right where they belong on the tier list.

Everyone get psyched up for this tournament!
if u wanna play against IC's. u should play against mark.

i heard ic's go even with falcon until they get "The Knee" and they do ok against peach.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
falcon loses to fox and falco, and tend to lose to sheik on small stages...i'd move them up one but meh..

and kits not all of us are ether and enjoy the marth sheik matchup;p

it doesn't hurt to have a backup when my fox loses the fox sheik matchup

CStick

Smash Lord
someone should update the front page line-up, cuz some peeps dont play anymore.

Doug vanished, Lee vanished, etc.

so...you have: Ether, Kitsune, CDot, O-NO, Mashi, NDN, CStick, Toasty, Cow, and Schoolie as your top ten (IMO) who NEED to show up, and of course anyone else who wants to actually try out (beat at least two members in sets) to be a formal member would also need to show up.

also, Ether: it would technically be top 6 since theres always a tie for 5th. What you COULD do is have those two 5th placers play off for the fifth spot, then the loser would be LEAD alternate, and then have the 7th placers play off for second and third alternate.

That would then leave us with a team of 8, which is fine so we can participate in 20-stock and 40-stock crew battles (5 lives for each of the 8 members for a 40-stock) and BAM! theres your SS main line-up(s)

Ether

Smash Ace
also, Ether: it would technically be top 6 since theres always a tie for 5th. What you COULD do is have those two 5th placers play off for the fifth spot, then the loser would be LEAD alternate, and then have the 7th placers play off for second and third alternate.

That would then leave us with a team of 8, which is fine so we can participate in 20-stock and 40-stock crew battles (5 lives for each of the 8 members for a 40-stock) and BAM! theres your SS main line-up(s)
This is perfect.

I was doing some thinking. I really feel that O-NO should be the leader of the crew no matter who places top two. He knows the game better than I do.

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
well all i know is that, no matter what. no girl stops me from being in SS. that is all, so be prepared.. there will only be 4 spots left b/c i'm taking one for sure.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Will this be Round-Robin styled? The last time we discussed a SS-placement tourney, round-robin was mutually agreed on, just curious is that will be the case this time around.

Can't wait, will this be at O-No's or Ether's?

CStick

Smash Lord
I was doing some thinking. I really feel that O-NO should be the leader of the crew no matter who places top two. He knows the game better than I do.
well, we all know you and CDot will place regardless. What sucks is then you have me, Mashi, Kitsune, O-NO, and NDN who all can and have beaten each other back and forth. Man, this is gonna be tough :(

which leads me to my second idea

lead players:
-Ether with 20-40 lives
-CDot with a "go Ether!" foam finger

Alternates:
-everyone else as Ether's personal cheerleaders (Kitsune has to where a skirt, braid his hair, and use pom-poms...everyone else will get cool SS jumpsuits)

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Does this "tourney" have a legitimate date set, yet? I just assumed everything was going down at o-no's place the 29th... *fingers crossed*

Jfox, we think so too :)

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Using math, I predict that SS WILL have fewer "members" after this round-robin placement tournament. Also, I predict that if everyone in SS reserves a place before the actual event ends, then the majority of you will be wrong.

I refuse to reserve a spot for myself, because if rest misses, my chances of doing well go with it... but if it hits... :cool:

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Using math, I predict that SS WILL have fewer "members" after this round-robin placement tournament. Also, I predict that if everyone in SS reserves a place before the actual event ends, then the majority of you will be wrong.

I refuse to reserve a spot for myself, because if rest misses, my chances of doing well go with it... but if it hits... :cool:
i agree with schoolie.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
That, and to see who compose the squad in the first place.

Possible Squirtle Squad doubles tourney? Let's see which 2 people inside the current SS work best on a team.

CStick

Smash Lord
I get off work at 5pm next Sunday. I guess I can be down for it.

I already know who'll make the top 8, but in which order of which will be in the top 5 is too close to call

Ether

Smash Ace
lol, I'm down with a doubles tourney for money. $10 a team.

Anyway, if we do this the sunday after the one coming up (two weeks from now), will everyone be able to make it? I may be working this sunday.

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
I predict, that i get a spot. Even though i'm being *******ish, i'm bein real. I refuse to look through rose color glasses and be a carebear. Finally some sort of real competitiveness is here and i'm excited. i'm down to pay whatever.. Teams will be hella fun.. anyone wanna be my partner? i know CStick doesnt :) rofl i suggest that if you show, you enter.. no LOLOLOLOLOL FRIENDLIES ONLY PLOX! it's $15 bucks, if you don't have it.. stand on Virginia Beach Blvd, make a sign, and get the money.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
I predict, that i get a spot. Even though i'm being *******ish, i'm bein real. I refuse to look through rose color glasses and be a carebear.

Can you blame me? The resemblance is striking :)

UGGUHGUGUHUGHUGHUHGGI'MF#CKINSTOKEDFORTHISSSSSSSSHHHHHIIIIITTTTT.

Ether

Smash Ace
If anyone wants to train with me for this, they are welcome to. Just ask.

Cstick, I will have a definite date by tomorrow. I'm going to work to check my schedule.

Kits, if you bring me lumpia, I will waive your teams fee. 5 lumpia for every dollar. Therefore, if you bring me 25 lumpia, you will pay no teams fee. >.>

There will be a 2 dollar venue fee from everyone. This can be waived by bringing me 5 lumpia per dollar waived.

Hot damm I need some lumpia.

Arsenal Russell

Smash Cadet
soo is the date next sunday?? :( that sucks ill be in new jersey. anyway we can it be saturday?????

if its 2 sundays from now then im fine i just really wanna do this.
plus anyone wanna team up for the tourny?? if team richmond coming down- doll team??? if not anyone in ss wanna?

Ether

Smash Ace
Tope? Yayuhz, the squad will be too good

This will be taking place the sunday after the one coming up at my place.

Teams tournament first, then tryouts. Ya'll wanna up it to $20 a team?

Top Bottom