• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shquirtle Shquad Crew Thread!!!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
He has some good habits, just problems with spacing and guarding.. which... in retrospect.. are incredibly vital... so maybe not :p
well spacing/guarding actually comes with time and experience. the good habits are a BLESSING because man, if someone has BAD habits like a lot of smashers who have played the game for a while without knowing advanced techs, that's one of the biggest things to overcome. So having good habits is an excellent quality because that will make his rate of improvement much higher. Once he becomes familiar with more specific matchups and the corresponding spacing awareness, things will start to fall into place nicely =D

Ether

Smash Ace
I want HR members to step it up and train to reach higher goals. For example, try playing against two people on a team w/ friendly fire on. You may lose, but you'll improve faster. Maybe. At the very least, you'll learn how to deal with frustration because you'll be frustrated from the very start of the match.

I was thinking of running gauntlets: My 4 stocks vs maybe 5 or so people. Or maybe all of HR.

I also want you all to start keeping track of how many seconds out of a minute you defend and how often you attack. You don't have to be specific; just make a mental note. There is a reason for this.

Okay, let's do this.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
OH MAN, I forgot to mention toasty in the above post.

Dude, it was so bangin. Ok,

So we're all at dinner and the topic of "craziest thing you've ever seen someone do in smash" came up. They asked me first, and I said it was a peach player that umbrella cancelled a fox from 20-death.

So, the next guy (Patrick) said, "Oh my god thats nothing. One time, I saw a ness use the yoyo glitch to spike someone into a pk flash." Then the rest of the guys at the table started going, "OH YEAH!!! MAN THAT **** WAS INSANE!" It proceeded as follows

"...you know he's from around here, right?"
"NO WAY"
"Yeah, he's in my crew"
"OH WOW, THERE'S A PRO NESS AROUND HERE?"

*Golf clap for toasty* ;)

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
first you forget about me and then all I get for straight nastiness is a facking GOLF CLAP?!?!? I might just make YOU pay for the d*mn trashcan!!!

lol...wonder what it be like if I was actually mad at someone [Alex doesn't count since I could only REALLY get mad at someone I actually gave a **** about]

burningduck

Smash Rookie
hey im tryin this tommororw soo whenever toasty-kitsune-o-no-mashi-cow-c stick- or lee have time imma start it. tonight was fun guys everybody seemed to be chill people

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
WHY ISN'T DEAN IN HEAD RAPERS??

I propose a motion to make the Sova Yoshi a member of Head Rapers, he's more than show he's good enough.

Edit: correction, I thought that was Cyrain's fox, my bad. Still amazing ><

CStick

Smash Lord
I second Dean >.>

We should just draft up every good player still in SoVA who isnt on the list (i.e. Dean, Dragoncharlz, etc.)

phuck their consent. No one asked for my consent, so they dont get asked either. :p

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
recruiting is up to ether and doug, so ask them.

another point i'd like to address is the lack of "tournaments" or well.. lack of people participating in them. I mean if you can make it, i don't see why not entering. "Oh, i don't feel like getting *****." or "I don't want to give my money to Tope." are worthy excuses. Despite not entering Toasty's last 1v1 b/c of family issues, i would've joined in. i guess people aren't as competitive now? but finding out only FOUR people wanted to do singles is very disappointing.

just my 2 cents :x

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
hey it was FIVE rofl. i joined. then i had a test to do since the tourney didn't even start in time. =(

Ether

Smash Ace
Dean's in. He ***** in crews. I haven't seen dragoncharlz play, so have him beat 3 HR members in sets.

I haven't tried the gauntlet, but I did get some 2 v 1 practice yesterday, both with and without team attack on.

I think our crew is getting to be huge. I'm thinking of hosting an HR tourney for the sake of ranking existing members and giving other smashers a chance to join. I'm also thinking of possibly cutting weaker members, but I'm not sure yet. Everyone just keep training so you don't have to worry about that.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
By "weaker members" you mean "anyone not good enough in smash or who has little to offer the crew". So I could guarantee my spot by running an HR dome train? Maybe?

Ether

Smash Ace
HR tourney it is, then. I'd like to set up a date for next week, but Fall Break is probably even better. Everyone, you have a few weeks to train. I'll talk with Doug, but I think we'll take the top 5-10 or something. Maybe less.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
****...I have a feeling I won't quite make it :'( I squander in tourneys ;_; oh well, I'm taking hiatus after the richmond biweekly anyway. *cries*
i mean you lost to me. that never happens. =(.

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
if it's top 5-10 in, should it be round robin then? so that way, everyone plays everyone rather than some people getting gimped.. >.> like.. to peaches XD

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Aw thanks mangz...in all honesty, I'll probably be smashing at school between classes at various non-laggy locations on campus, though it'd be nice to have a standard place =/ Hahaha, my serious-smash hiatus will be spent learning Peach and Yoshi and a facking crazy Fox =D

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Aw thanks mangz...in all honesty, I'll probably be smashing at school between classes at various non-laggy locations on campus, though it'd be nice to have a standard place =/ Hahaha, my serious-smash hiatus will be spent learning Peach and Yoshi and a facking crazy Fox =D
As long as that sexy ness doesn't suffer :)

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Can I tryout to be honorary Meatsheild?

You can throw me out there first and I will dazzle them with my immense ability to take punches, kicks, lasers, bombs, arrows, and skirts.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Can I tryout to be honorary Meatsheild?

You can throw me out there first and I will dazzle them with my immense ability to take punches, kicks, lasers, bombs, arrows, and skirts.
u 4got gayzers, rest, up+B's, tippers, and other crap.

Ether

Smash Ace
I was gonna have tryouts this weekend, but there's C3. Likewise, next weekend is the Richmond biweekly, I think. So the weekend after that should be the tryouts.

Like we said, it'll be round robin, meaning you play everyone in one set, best of three. You get a point for every game you win, and after you play everyone, we'll add up your final score. We'll take the top scorers for HR. Everyone else will be Potentials.

If somehow I don't make the cut for my own crew, I'm choke cording myself.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
If somehow I don't make the cut for my own crew, I'm choke cording myself.
:laugh:

Anywho, I can't wait for this. My prediction = Enver's frustration at gimping both crew battles in the past will force him to be a pikachu god... and jv 5 stock everyone.

BUT I AM looking forward to playing the new guys :-)

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
what kind of format will it be? just regular mlg counterpicks and everything?

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
since c3 and richmond bi-weekly this weekend. when would this be held?

Top Bottom