• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOWTIME! - Skullgirls Social

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
\ SHOWTIME! /

THE SKULLGIRLS SOCIAL

Credits

Developer: Reverge Labs, LLC
Publishers: Autumn Games, Konami
Art Team: Alex Ahad (project lead, creative director), Mariel Kinuko Cartwright (animation lead), Jonathan "Persona" Kim
Programming Team: Mike Zaimont (project lead, proprietary engine designer), Ian Cox, Ben Moise, Emil Dotchevski
Development Team: Peter "Ravidath" Bartholow (community manager, producer, designer)
Composer: Michiru Yamane
Voice Director: Christina Vee
Platforms: Xbox 360, Playstation 3, PC

Intro
Skullgirls, a combination of the unique art of Alex "o_8" Ahad and gameplay genius of renowned tournament champion Mike "Mike Z" Zaimont, gives players control of fierce female warriors in an extraordinary Dark Deco world. As a fully featured downloadable title, Skullgirls brings back the open ended combo system and fast pace of classic, 2D arcade fighters along with a single player story mode for its all new cast of characters. High resolution hand drawn sprites, unequaled frames of animation per character, the first real time lighting system for a 2D fighter, a comprehensive training mode, and GGPO netcode all challenge set expectations for the genre. Variable team size and the choose-your-own assist custom Ensemble improve upon the older, sometimes forgotten innovations of other games. For high-level players, Skullgirls attempts to solve some common fighting game "features" with an Infinite Prevention System and unblockable protection

Tags and ID's
-soon to come-

Welcome ladies and gentlemen~!
Talk about everything Skullgirls here~!​

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Awwwww yeah, waiting so hard for this.
***will post more when I actually play it***

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Cool, a thread. OP, why not change the word "Social" in the title to just "Thread" or something? This isn't really a social thread, haha.

So who is everyone maining? I'm rather liking Cerebella right now.

PSN: WerekillV

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
This game is more fun than I expected.

I solo Ms. Fortune right now, j.HK is pretty cool. :3
I've only messed around with about half the cast so far, but if I ever go for a team Peacock might be on it.

PSN: RutgerFE6

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm playing solo Painwheel atm. She's a lot of fun.

Trying to get the damn sound to come back, though. :c

PSN: Alibi_of_Tyrants

Smooth Criminal

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
This game needed a thread. Add my PSN to the list whenever you get around to it: KaizokuX

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Downloaded it about an hour ago. Movement in terms of walk speed is somewhat odd and the air dash inputs aren't as lenient as BlazBlue's.

Other than that, I have no idea where the hell I start on combos save for LMH > Whatever. I'm loving Peacock and Filia Rage though.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Air dash inputs don't really matter too much when you can just press two buttons to dash imo.

Hitbox viewer is pretty cool, I'll have to mess around with it.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I planned on Valentine+Cerebella from the very beginning, and may stick with that when I get to play it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Anyone want to play? I'm still trying to figure stuff out, but it's fun playing people early.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Just got the game today, and I am LOVING Filia ^__^! I've already found some really good combos with her and I really love her game style! I'm also hoping to get Valentine in so I can have a Filia+Valentine team... But those Team Inputs are REALLY awkward on Pad and... I don't have a fightstick X__X. Still, I plan to get around that somehow XD. GO FILIA!

Also, here's my Gamertag!

XBL gamertag: dualseeker.

If anyone wants to play, feel free to add me and send a message ^__^!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
GGs Minato.

I'd probably be better if I could hit confirm into my combos. Oh well, I need to learn better ones anyways. :/

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
So far looking like i'm gonna go with peacock/valentine

I would solo peacock but she sucks by herself.

XBL gamertag: speld

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs, Rutger. I'm liking this game a lot. I'm going to have some fun once I figure out more combos.
I tried playing it like Melty at the start. Took me awhile to realize I can't rapid normals. :ohwell:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I want to RC Ms. Fortune's 236PP all the time. :(

This game is fun, not quite what I would want but good enough to get me to stay.

I'll fight you Smooth, hold on a second.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
GGs Smooth, playing nothing but netplay after it came out has helped me with some fundamentals. I need good combos though.

1v1 is really fun, definitely my favorite way to play.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I might stick with solo Fortune.

Morrigan Fortune.

Teams might be appealing one day, but I really don't like the idea of losing a major part of my character.

Nothing will beat Melty Maids style teams for me. :3

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs, Rutger. Goddamn I need to improve on my fundies and learn combos. =/

Smooth Criminal
Once I started treating it like MvC2, I started getting the hang of it.
And I really like the combo system in this game. Reminds of the fun I had in early Marvel 3 and 2.

I'll play people more over the weekend. If anyone wants to play but hasn't added me, my PSN is Izanagi_XIII

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Apparently I'm the only person in the world playing Parasoul. I'm playing Parasolo at the moment, but I'm looking to also be the only person in the world playing Double, so there's that.

XBL Gamertag: Ryker

Spelt, add me so I can play you later, but keep in mind my headset is busted.

Cerebella is way better than any grappler has a right to be. I understand that it's a Day 1 grappler, but her kit still looks really ****ing good. I don't know how she is against Peacock, but I know I can't zone her for the life of me with Parasoul and my long ranged normals are still within her throw range. Not too much fun. It'll get better when she doesn't do three times the damage I do when I win combat though. I'm going to have to dump a few hours into the training room tomorrow.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Parasoul looks to be one of the characters best suited for solo play. She's not really hurting for an assist anywhere.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Ms. Fortune can run under Parasoul's horizontal shots. :3

It's made the few Parasouls I've run into a little easier than the Peacocks.

Cerebella is way better than any grappler has a right to be. I understand that it's a Day 1 grappler, but her kit still looks really ****ing good. I don't know how she is against Peacock, but I know I can't zone her for the life of me with Parasoul and my long ranged normals are still within her throw range. Not too much fun. It'll get better when she doesn't do three times the damage I do when I win combat though. I'm going to have to dump a few hours into the training room tomorrow.
Mike Z is biased obv.

Though I wonder how she might compare with P4A's Kanji in the long run. He might even have better tools than Cerebella, but these are different games.

Standard throws a also pretty scary in this game, since you can't tech them while crouching.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm finding it interesting that I have yet to find any standing overheads, and the one overhead I've only found is an instant j.2+MP with Cerebella.

In regards to teams, I'm wondering if I should do teams of two or three since it seems Parasoul is the only self-sufficient character. Maybe I'll do two since 3 is excessive to me, and I don't like the whole losing one team member in a combo idea.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ms. Fortune can run under Parasoul's horizontal shots. :3

It's made the few Parasouls I've run into a little easier than the Peacocks.
The real pain in the *** is the way that Parasoul's s.lp whiffs crouching opponents. Even a crouching Cerebella. I'm having a lot of trouble adjusting to that. That, and the fact that half the combos in the world only work at certain spacing or if the opponent is standing.

But I'll adjust.

I'm finding it interesting that I have yet to find any standing overheads, and the one overhead I've only found is an instant j.2+MP with Cerebella.

In regards to teams, I'm wondering if I should do teams of two or three since it seems Parasoul is the only self-sufficient character. Maybe I'll do two since 3 is excessive to me, and I don't like the whole losing one team member in a combo idea.
I dunno about any other characters really, but Parasoul's forward s.lp is an overhead and so is her forward s.hk.

Top Bottom