• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
While SwordHunter's at work, I might as well continue OoT on Stickam...

I won't be at the chat, so feel free to chat with whoever stops by...

Roughly 48 hours 'til SMYN 38 LIVE! :)

piffman2

Smash Apprentice
Mailtime

To Panda- being a classic Wario fan are you excited about Wario Land: Shake It and as a classic Megaman fan are you excited about Megaman 9?

To both of you (warning: this could turn into a rant) do you truly believe Nintendo has abandoned the core or are people just over-reacting somewhat due their mostly casual E3 showing? And please consider, even though it's a weird opinion, Nintendo doesn't believe E3 is the place to show core games anymore and instead they hold an event in the fall like they did last October for Smash, Mario Galaxy, Battalion Wars etc. I would like your feedback because I'm considering writing an opinion piece about Nintendo, core gamers and the whole casual catastrophe. If anything happens anyone who can read my sig will know where to find it or read this rough draft http://www.mediafire.com/?lx231194xtc

EDIT: This comic sums up all of the news stories I would have otherwise mentioned

http://http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs32/f/2008/202/c/7/Nintendo_and_E3_and_whatever_by_madfather.jpg

E3 did suck this year and it has become irrelevant. I just disagree with everyone using it to determine the entire future of Nintendo so please, what are your thoughts?
Chekc this out, Iwata is sorry for E3 http://wii.kombo.com/article.php?artid=12380

Finally, how do feel about Dead Rising on Wii with the RE4 engine and The Conduit with 16 player online and voice chat?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Soooo the Stickam server decided to stop working all of a sudden. Go figure. So I just stopped at the start of the Fire Temple and called it a night.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Yeah, sorry about that, guys. Totally out of my hands. Hope you enjoyed it nonetheless, though!

Darkurai

Smash Master
****. I was talking about creepy chanting in the Fire Temple music,
Have you ever heard the original version of the music, Youko?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
You can't listen to streaming audio in IRC...so obviously you'll listen to it through Stickam...

Sariku

Smash Master
If Youko does what I and SwordHunter say to do, you just need to have a window open for the stickam and a window open for the IRC. The IRC will be Java based, which means you don't have to download anything. For those who want to see what it will be like, follow these steps.

- Go to www.gamesurge.net/chat/
- It will come up with some warning message, just press "run."
- When it fully loads, type "/nick YourName" (Example : /nick Sariku)
- Now type "/join #SMYN". (Example : /join #SMYN)

You are then there and ready to chat with everyone else. Youko may not decide to do this, but it would be easiest, as SwordHunter and myself decided.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Well if you're used to IRC it's easy as hell but IRC almost died out by the time interneting became a big thing for most people. I believe a lot of people HAD to navigate this way before a friendly interface came to be. I remember playing games on a REALLY old Mac and having to type /run Tetris or whatever. That might have just been a weird computer though.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Panda's going to be happy about this: According to my new Nintendo Power, in Sonic and the Black Knight, you get to play as Knuckles...WHO DUAL-WIELDS TWO MASSIVE SWORDS.

****ING AWESOME.

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
I actually think that panda will be outraged. This game is like Shadow the Hedgehog except, instead of guns, we have sonic with the alondite.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I want to be pissed off, but I... I can't bring myself to hate Knuckles.

On the other hand, seeing Sonic with a sword was enough to evoke a gag reflex.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Meh. I've always liked Sonic games for doing precision movements at high speeds to lower my time. Once you get the Crest of Wind and all that neat stuff it gets much better. So yeah. From a "I want to lower my time" mindset it was great.

Not like Sonic 360 where the levels were probably shorter than the loading screens. >.>

I've NEVER wanted to go through again to lower my time on that game since the loading screens THEMSELVES weren't worth it much less how bad the gameplay was. I didn't even get all the abilities in that one.

piffman2

Smash Apprentice
It was on rails. Felt like a "My first Sawnic" game. Not to mention the 'Failure Party' minigames.
The minigames were fail but it the main was still the closest thing so far to capturing what was good about 2-D Sonic in 3-D. Just look at Sonic Unleased trying to improve upo what secret Rings laid out, until he turns into a werewolf. Anyway, we all know Sonic 360 was awful and I still that once you take out all of the nostalgia and awe of a 3-D Sonic for the first time, as games, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were awful too. Sorry Youko

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Actually, they're doing things a bit differently from Secret Rings. Take a look.

Maybe my senses have been dulled after years of being a Banjo/Sonic/Transformers fan and regularly decrying any form of change before it even happens, but the game actually looks like fun.

Top Bottom