• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to say, Samurai Panda, but the clawshot is cooler. This coming from a guy who grew up hookshotting everything in sight in Link to the Past. Oh, and I hate the Longshot by the way, only because of my deep loathing of the Water Temple and all things found therein.

Manaphy, kinda getting overshadowed by the 35 character thing at the moment, but this has some serious possibilities. When I first saw the update my reaction was akin to "A Pokemon? Now?!" But then when I read it's description I quickly changed my mind.

Imagine Tournament finals with Gimpyfish vs. *random Top Tier user* and Manaphy comes out, forcing *random Top Tier user* to play as Bowser for a bit... with hilarious results.

Oh, and how wierd was it to announce Iwata Asks on the "Dojo!!"?

626key

Smash Journeyman
It would be weird if hen you used manaphy, your moves stayed the same (sonic and mario switched, sonic used FLUDD)
P.S. sorry SP, clawshot, more possible

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, could I suggest the final competition to get a guest spot on SMYN would be to see who can beat Youko and SP on a team over wi-fi? They could be the final battle in a grand SMYN tournament.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Tch, you make it sound like we're an unbeatable Smash team, which I can assure you is far from the truth...

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
Nah, I know its not true. I'm not exactly all that hot at the game either, to be honest, but I do my best. Still, I'd love to play you guys someday. My Ganon vs. SP's Ganon especially.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
I have to ask... half the people who support Knuckles most probably just do it because SP does.

But anyways Youko and Ninja Ferret er, I mean Samurai Panda lets just (theoretically) say the 35 character roster leak was real, what would your thoughts be on it? Because you have to be honest, if it is then Brawl fails in the character department.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
it most definetly does. the best (and worst) thing about brawl is that it's really open, and anyone can get in.

Ytoabn08

Smash Cadet
Man, with all the insanity going around the boards right now I really just want to hide in the SMYN topic until it all blows over.

Youko, Samurai Panda, consider yourselves lucky that you don't have to comment on any of this until Saturday. It will probably be enough time for us to once and for all confirm the roster.

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
Hey Could someone tell me when precisely the competition ends? I changed my mind about entering rather toward the fence xD

I've started but I need to know what specific time I have to finish by D:

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
hey youko, i'm filming in a few. is it ok if i don't put the audio of the episodes? my computer hates me, and won't let me get all the episodes i need. i have a great idea, and it'll be on youtube in 2-3 hours.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I don't know how much more explicit I could have gotten by stating TWICE in the last episode that the submission deadline is:

11:59 PM (EST) on Thursday, January 24th

And it's your choice how you want to approach your Top Ten submission, but bear in mind one of the instructions was to use the audio from the episodes.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Ok. As far as I care for Hookshot vs Clawshot, (And we're going to say that Longshot is Hookshot for simplicity's sake) that Clawshot is nice, but I like the Hookshot a tad better. =]

And I watched your video Greeneggs, so don't worry, somebody has seen it. =P

TonyTH07

Smash Cadet
Just joined here guys. Been listening to the podcast a while. Big fan, nice work. It's nice to hear you guys talk about the game and go through all the weeks info and talk about it, or prove rumors false. So thanks, I really enjoy my weekly dose of SMYN : )

Scott667

Smash Rookie
Samurai Panda, I agree; the Hookshot is Better than the Clawshot.

The only reason people say otherwise is because TP lets you use a Double Clawshot, which makes it an unfair contest, two against one.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Im glad this became a stage because i halfheartedly suggested it in the brawl stage discussion. back when we had just like 4 main brawl threads, before the reshuffle.

'bout we got some mario music.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
MARIO MUSIC!!! Finally, hahaha. We've only been calling it for what, three weeks or so?

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
The nostalgia meter is going off the charts with Mushroomy Kingdom, but the stage itself depresses me. I mean, all that lush green landscape turned to a barren wasteland so quickly?!

Gentlemen, I think we may have a set-up for the plot of the next Mario game...

(Also, I'm quickly running out of time for my entry. I may have to cut corners to pull it off...)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
So apparently the episode's been blogged for a couple days and I just didn't notice it. Thanks, Kiki!

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
zomgness...epic

is it possible to just put my camera to a wall so it looks black and then just play the certain parts of the SMYNness and submit that (kinda late but w/e)...

Top Bottom