• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
In response to the 29th podcast (Which happens to be the first I discovered... Good job by the way), I have a small qualm in the area of the sticker section, which I have absolutely 0% doubt you guys have probably heard already, but just in case and to get it out of the back of my mind, here's my observations along with everyone else's.

I was actually in agreement with the leeriness against the "Grey Text on the side of the screenshot over there" theory of identifying potential characters, because of the fact that the screenshot featuring the Kirby character heads did not look the same and did not have the grey text. HOWEVER, upon further observation DURING the podcast, I took note of the fact that they feature 2 different screens: the sticker book and the trophy stand where you place the stickers.

First, I believe that the grey text is something along the lines of "Useable By -Character heads-"... Based on the Ness and Lucario/Jiggly leak video, it just seems to make the most sense.

Once you get to the second, sticker placement screen however, perhaps it just seemed superfluous to them to say "Useable by" again and just featured the character heads. However, I do see this as an inconsistency more than a fact... Perhaps they took screens from two different stages of game development, but I highly doubt that one.

Anyway, looking forward to next week's Japan release date and the next podcast.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
All right, my video is finally done. It's not nearly as good as I would have liked, but I'm proud of it all the same. Give me some time to YouTube it, and I'll send the link to you ASAP.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
i made mine too. it's called SMYN Guest video. i actually sho my face on it. now you see theGlitchmaster's face!

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...
I just thought of a new segment for you guys:

Favourite Thread You Closed This Week

What the title says. You two do a lot of moderating and closing of worthless threads, I want to know what thread was the most fun to close (Because the guy in charge was a noob and three days behind, the whole thread was a joke etc). Just a suggestion. *Puts in imaginary suggestion box.

Btw, are you guys going to talk about Lucario, Ness and Jigglypuff reveals?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
The question is, who will join us to discuss it? The contest deadline is in roughly 16 hours.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
On a side note, after listening to the announcer's voice again, am I the only one who thinks he might be played by Frank Welker (Nibbler in Futurama, Fred and Scooby in Scooby Doo, Megatron in Transformers (G1), pretty much every animal in every cartoon ever)?

So Friday's the day we "vote"?
I don't think there's a vote involved. IIRC, Youko and Panda will be the ones deciding.

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
I'm at such a disadvantage to be entering the contest, seeing as I only joined the boards last week, I only found the podcasts yesterday, and all I've listened to so far is the last one, in which the contest was announced. I'm tempted to just make a "Top Ten" containing ten moments from the 29th episode. XD

That aside... I can't wait to see what you guys say about Thursday's update... D:

EDIT: OOOOO, I forgot! Maybe you could talk about that sweet 5 minute gameplay movie that was just released! Here's a link to a version on GameTrailers:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29932.html

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
There seems like there is a lot to be discussed on this podcast this time. More news will probably be coming in tonight as well...

greeneggsnsam

Smash Apprentice
There is more to discuss outside of the Dojo than in this week. Unless of course tomorrow's update is something really spectacular.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Seriously. In one podcast, they've got to cover...

- Shelda's Final Smash
- Manaphy
- Iwata Asks pt. 1-4 (And the Home Run Contest video contained within)
- Mushroomy Kingdom
- Super Mario Bros. Ground Theme
- Both Wi-Fi Test Battles
- The Jigglypuff/Lucario/Ness leak
- The new 5-minute gameplay commercial
- The new Wi-Fi/Subspace commercials
- The full Angel Island Zone track
- All the new leaks that have been popping up, especially the 35-character roster and the character select screen video

Something tells me that episode 30 is going to be a bit...longer than usual.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
I've watched all of the Top Ten SMYN videos released so far, and since today is the deadline, I have to announce the winner...

Cyberlink420!

Because his video was really well made, his mike works good, and his screename has the number 42 in it.

But yeah, good luck to the lot of you.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Thank you for mentioning the 42 part and not the 420. I still get a lot of flack due to the fact that my birthday will forever be associated with marijuana...

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
my computer Crashed 3 hours before the deadline when I was almost finished and I lost 2 segments and the beginning and end then it decided to steal the compilation of them all.

I'm soooo annoyed. D:

But I didn't want all of that work to go to waste so I sent in a incomplete copy of mine... and it was in separate flash files that I had to send Attached to the E-mail v.v'

as the Melee announcer would say "FAILURE"

greeneggsnsam

Smash Apprentice
****, that's really annoying. It'd be nice to have another English entry!!

EDIT: I can't believe what I said got censored. I tried to censor myself by not using a swear, but it censored my censorship! In England it isn't even close to a swear word.

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
Lol yeah, my New signature is from my entry xD

Bow before Wayko.

I might try and compile it, finish it and then release it later just so people can appreciate it to a degree... it won't get me on the podcast but I put alot of effort into it. I mean I made a Music video for the Falconmon / Captain Falcon's new Theme tune in there xD

The Adder

Smash Apprentice
Woah, woah, woah! When did you guys go from thinking gauntlets were just Fox's sleeves (and subsequently berating those of us who believed they weren't) to agreeing they are obviously not?!

greeneggsnsam

Smash Apprentice
Dude, that topic was like 3 weeks ago.

@ninja:
Yeah, my video was made for fun (never made something like it before), and I'm not expecting to win. The Falconmon theme is REALLY popular it seems (although I was the first to include it in my video *proud face*).

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
@Greeneggsnsam Oh? Sorry I haven't even watched any of the other entries xD I should do that.

I started my entry on like the Sunday before the deadline rofl. so I spent the whole time freaking out about it... I didn't even get a chance to listen to the podcast for last week, I'm doing that tonight.

I think I'm going to go watch yours now because I'm curious

The Adder

Smash Apprentice
I'm aware of this, however they still berated on the Podcast, so I went through the trouble of finding other images of Fox running and compared it to the one with the gauntlet things (page 405). People pretty much ignored it, so I'm just curious as to when their opinions changed.

mario-man

Smash Lord
YOUKO PUUUUNCH!!!
This thread has been KO'd by Youko

lol that's just epic stuff right there. Can't wait for this week's show.

mario-man

Smash Lord
LOL no you didn't miss anything. I just heard that episode and couldn't resist typing it.

greeneggsnsam

Smash Apprentice
I doubt this thread will ever be Youko Pawnched! It's his very own thread, and I'm sure he loves it very very much :)

greeneggsnsam

Smash Apprentice
Wait a second Youko, what if Wayko joins SWF? You'll have taken his avatar! That's not very fair. Even if it is a great pic.

Banzai_Kitten

Smash Cadet
Man, I can't wait for the next podcast. Hopefully it will have a streamed version too. I wanna hear what you guys say about the Lucario, Jigglypuff, and Ness confirmation.

Top Bottom