• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Show Me Ya Gimps! Pit General Disc.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I didn't know what your avatar was for the longest...I can see clearly now.....
the rain is gone

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
i gotta start getting out to some nationals.get my popularity up and start putting pit more on the map...im sure chicago will be coming to alot of regions soon with even more of our heavy hitters.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
i gotta start getting out to some nationals.get my popularity up and start putting pit more on the map...im sure chicago will be coming to alot of regions soon with even more of our heavy hitters.
I've been going to a tournaments more often recently since I'm finally free to travel atm. I'm trying to climb the latter slowly but surely.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
@ 5-oNe 5-oNe btw, how come you went for nair>grab a lot at low % I'm rather new to character, but I was looking at the frame data and it seems you could have went for other options. I'm just wondering why you chose that option as often as you did. I know the benefits of dthrow and all, just curious is all.

Last edited:

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
@ 5-oNe 5-oNe btw, how come you went for nair>grab a lot at low % I'm rather new to character, but I was looking at the frame data and it seems you could have went for other options. I'm just wondering why you chose that option as often as you did.
im guessing you mean my fight against jcaesar.i noticed early on that he was trying to beat me with his nair.so i basically tried to out speed him with it.and whenever he was on the ground he cced me a hell of alot so i tried to use it to throw his off since its a multihit move he would have to input his cced move a bunch more times.which he still did.lol.it was just something i learned from experience against rob and jcaesar.do i recommend it? not really.it was alot more situational than anything...ps.dont challenge robs nair with usmash.i lost i think 2 stocks because of that.lol.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I bet uair would beat his nair any day, granted it came out before the nair. You can just shut down so much with that move.

Also, does anyone know if uair and nair are even safe on shield?

Last edited:

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
use fair or dair. because both are alot safer on shield. with both you have a pretty long hitbox so you can do a fading away dair or fair and be safe from shield grabs.and also it is easy to cross up with dair and land behind them

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
use fair or dair. because both are alot safer on shield. with both you have a pretty long hitbox so you can do a fading away dair or fair and be safe from shield grabs.and also it is easy to cross up with dair and land behind them
I uses to think dair was safe on shield. Unless they changed that part of it, it should be -3 on shield.. When I go for fair, I'm not 100% sure if I'm getting the max distance but I can never pull it off safely, I'm better off spacing ftilt. I'm probably not at max distance, but I'm dif not right on top or directly in front of people when I do it. I think cross up dair is probably alright, same with the fade ways. I haven't really them to much to be honest, at least I don't think so, I may have, dunno.

Last edited:

otter

Smash Ace
how do you calculate the frame advantage of an air move? does it just not account for falling and land lag time?

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
To be a force to be reckoned with what techniques should I perfect with Pit?

Also what characters counter Pit that you know of?

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
arrows.aerial game...and i dont think any character straight counters pit.the characters i have trouble against are the sword characters.mainly marth and link.but i think its different for everybody depending on your style

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
just saw 5-1 vs dart

your punishes were fine (I think dair -> grab is probably better than waveland grab)
seemed lost in neutral
didn't make him work for his punishes (he just stood there and uptilted until you decided to fall on it)

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
just saw 5-1 vs dart

your punishes were fine (I think dair -> grab is probably better than waveland grab)
seemed lost in neutral
didn't make him work for his punishes (he just stood there and uptilted until you decided to fall on it)
yeah. watching the videos this morning i saw the same thing...i also think me picking fd worked more against me than for me with the whole uptilt thing.lol.i wanted a stage where he couldnt use platforms to jump to edgeguard me but taking away the platforms made it really hard for me to get back to the ground...all in all.i still could have won.
i think my other big struggle was getting onto the stage when i was on the edge.when the videos get uploaded ill put them on here and anybody can look at it and give me some pointers with that.

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
also do not underestimate bowser. he is still bowser especially in the right hands. you guys will soon see now that kirk is playin again.i ended up losing to him in losers.but the mu is still doable for pit.you just have to not get hit especially by up b.lol.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
fd wasn't good vs marth you really want a top platform

vs kirk you missed all your punishes on upB, I think it can be good for pit.

otter

Smash Ace
fd wasn't good vs marth you really want a top platform

vs kirk you missed all your punishes on upB, I think it can be good for pit.
as in a second layer of plat like battlefield? i know why plats are good vs marth but why a "top" one specifically?

Doppler12

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone found a use for looped arrows other than being flashy; They do turn your opponent around, which is cool, but its so time consuming I doubt it would be helpful for edge guarding. I'm a new pit main, is there any tips on how to more accurately land the up-b sweet spot?

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I make use of arrow looping. When you throw people off the edge, it's sometimes better to loop an arrow b/c of the distance they are from the stage. I usually use it if someone is close enough to where I can't arrow them, if I'm facing them. It's also good when your recovering. I like to cover myself with two arrows, when coming back to
the stage.

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Has anyone found a use for looped arrows other than being flashy; They do turn your opponent around, which is cool, but its so time consuming I doubt it would be helpful for edge guarding. I'm a new pit main, is there any tips on how to more accurately land the up-b sweet spot?
I'm not the best but I've found that mixing in looped and varying arc arrows (up coming down) with regular arrows can secure some really nasty gimps when someone's actively trying to get around straightforward arrows. There's also fun patterns you can do where you shoot an arrow up then have it come back downward, wave dash back then fire off another one and repeat as necessary.

otter

Smash Ace
I loop arrows to gimp people who are underneath the stage. I play a DDD often who ledge camps and I can just shoot the underside of the ledge.

Also, to get hard to reach places like behind the cliff on Pokemon Stadium

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
you can also loop arrows around people just to make them panic a bit.i tend to do that and people start to worry.just constantly loop a arrow around them while they are recovering so that it is a flying hitbox going in a circle.

Doppler12

Smash Apprentice
you can also loop arrows around people just to make them panic a bit.i tend to do that and people start to worry.just constantly loop a arrow around them while they are recovering so that it is a flying hitbox going in a circle.
I started doing that to a panic-y Ness today on netplay. He'd stay in his Psy-magnet too long and then get hit by a second arrow during his second jump, forcing him to pk thunder into a shield edgeguard.

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I started doing that to a panic-y Ness today on netplay. He'd stay in his Psy-magnet too long and then get hit by a second arrow during his second jump, forcing him to pk thunder into a shield edgeguard.
Pit is so evil in that matchup. If you ever force a Ness/Lucas to use PK Thunder for recovery, just shoot the thunder itself.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
I've got a decently sized PM tourney tomorrow. I'm so pumped for it. Hopefully it'll be over 50 people, and my goal is top 5. I did it last time with 47, but I hope I can retain it.

Edit: 47 entrants again and I got top 5. Glad to know it wasn't a fluke before.

Last edited:

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Gonna try out my Pit at Bar Wars this weekend. Only been working on him for two days but I'm really excited to take some games/sets.

Most likely will have to sell out and use sheik/falco if I get bopped R1 but it's all a learning process.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
Pit's punish game is pretty simple so you'll probably still junk people you used to junk since you'll still hit at least as hard as them and P:M players are usually really bad at the neutral game.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Just came back from a small PM tourney. 2nd of 16. Didnt' drop a game until WF's and GF's where I lost 0-6 to a Falco. I knew once good spacie played me, I was doomed. Any advice on how to practice vs them? Should I just go into training and work on my follow ups over and over?

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
If you were messing up on that, try working on those follow ups. Try to gather some knowledge on other pit v spacies videos if you can, granted the better videos are probably outdated.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Only used Pit in game two vs. Boss in Winners bracket at Bar Wars and kinda got junked lol, had a lot of success vs lower-level/mid-level players. Definitely going to work to a point where I can switch out Sheik. To the lab!

Top Bottom