• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? **Take 2** (Post-podcast)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
How many of them are from competent Pits?
I have an idea - don't ask if people are playing against "competent" whatever character when you've clearly no personal skill of your own, nor, apparently, a proper insight of the metagame. I can see Pit's Arrows being a huge nuisance for characters like Bowser and Ganondorf. Falco? Diddy Kong? Marth? Ehh... not so much.

They don't have bad cooldown. Pit can still dash attack right after firing.
You have a poor perception of time passing, then.

Airdodge. Oh, what? Melee's airdodge is what you expect? Melee's airdodge also neutralized issues with bad recoveries such as Ness's PSI Thunder. It deserved to go. The end.
Let me get this straight - you intend to beat Melee Falco's SHL by air-dodging at him?

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
Master Knight DH, you are a scrub and very bad at Brawl. It's the mean truth.
I didn't know the pot gets to call the kettle black.

lmaoooooo
I'm amazed people can get to call me arrogant like they don't realize people like you exist.

I have an idea - don't ask if people are playing against "competent" whatever character when you've clearly no personal skill of your own, nor, apparently, a proper insight of the metagame.
You mean something that claims Snake deserves top tier? Here's an idea: stop walking into Snake's Forward Smash in 1-on-1s.

I can see Pit's Arrows being a huge nuisance for characters like Bowser and Ganondorf.
Exactly. It ***** heavyweights. ROB even gets torn to shreds. That should not be plausible at all.

Falco? Diddy Kong? Marth? Ehh... not so much.
Even if Diddy and Marth get past it, Pit can just adapt. He has decent weight and ridiculous maneuverability for it.

You have a poor perception of time passing, then.
It's fine. And since we're on the subject, I have a friend who gets 9 on Samurai Kirby. He certainly got to Meta Knight on Hard. Big surprise: he agrees that Pit's arrow abuse is over the top.

Let me get this straight - you intend to beat Melee Falco's SHL by air-dodging at him?
Oh, you mean I'll just air dodge jump right at him? I'm just shaking off the attempt. Why would I want to jump towards him during defense. That makes no sense.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
You mean something that claims Snake deserves top tier? Here's an idea: stop walking into Snake's Forward Smash in 1-on-1s.
People lose to Snake because of his disjointed and overpowered F and Utilt...along with many other things...not because of that. Do you even follow the metagame or watch top player 1 v 1s? Or do you just type Brawl on YouTube?

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
Master Knight, after going over the last 11 pages of this thread, I have come to the conclusion that one of the following must be true:
a) You are a troll
b) You are using an illegal substance which has severely impaired your reaction time
c) You were repetitively dropped on your head as a baby

If a,
Good job. I haven't seen this many people get worked up over a single scrub in a long time.

If b,
Get help.

If c,
Switch to something more your pace, like a turn based RPG.

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
People lose to Snake because of his disjointed and overpowered F and Utilt...along with many other things...not because of that. Do you even follow the metagame or watch top player 1 v 1s? Or do you just type Brawl on YouTube?
Oh, you mean the disjointed tilts that are still close range? Here's an idea: fight Snake from long range. Everything he can do becomes easier to react to then. What's that? He can blow me up randomly with a mine I didn't see him set on the ground? That can happen, that is IF I DON'T REALIZE HE CAN SET THEM FROM THE AIR AND THEY ARE ALWAYS REMOTE MINES! But wait. I forgot he could Mortar Slide. Or wait, no I didn't. I kick his butt literally then move out of the way of the mortar. All he has left are grenades to crowd the battlefield. Oh, right. I don't even need too much space to kick his butt, he's slow.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Please stop replying to Master Knight DH, everyone.
That's a good idea. I couldn't even tell what point he was trying to convey in his last post, and he still can't shield Pit's arrows.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
he jsut said snake is slow...

can someone find me that sprite of a red face with a gun, blowing another face's head off?
cus thats how i feel right now

brinboy789

Smash Champion
he jsut said snake is slow...

can someone find me that sprite of a red face with a gun, blowing another face's head off?
cus thats how i feel right now
actually, snake is slow. on ground speed. not that it matters much though. and master knight, i know that your trying not to get mk banned, but saying false things wont work. talk about the snake matchup. its 60:40, agreed by top players, all pro-ban people can say is OMG MK CAN GIMP and thats it while snake has all options on ground. i made a thread on MK boards about it, try and pick up there if you want a viable arguement

XienZo

Smash Lord
Oh, you mean the disjointed tilts that are still close range? Here's an idea: fight Snake from long range. Everything he can do becomes easier to react to then. What's that? He can blow me up randomly with a mine I didn't see him set on the ground? That can happen, that is IF I DON'T REALIZE HE CAN SET THEM FROM THE AIR AND THEY ARE ALWAYS REMOTE MINES! But wait. I forgot he could Mortar Slide. Or wait, no I didn't. I kick his butt literally then move out of the way of the mortar.
Well, thats only going to work on FD, really, because on most other stages, the mine+C4 can keep you from going on a quarter of the field.

All he has left are grenades to crowd the battlefield. Oh, right. I don't even need too much space to kick his butt, he's slow.
This is simply self-contradiction, with the "Fight Snake from long range", and then "I don't need space to kick his butt", because you needed to fight at long range to avoid his long-ranged close range tilts. And then you need to fight close range to avoid his long-range grenades. His tilts are quick, and movement speed only applies when you approach.

Please stop replying to Master Knight DH, everyone.
I totally would but there's no MK discussion to go to instead. And I didn't get my turn to argue to a wall yet.

he rules so dont ban him
I'm assuming you're talking about Mewtwo.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Jello, that is an amazingly well-written, detailed post. I may just change my mind thanks to you.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Why do people want him banned? He's not that big of a problem for me.
I suggest listening to the MK Debate via podcast. It's a pretty good listen. Also read some of the other threads about MK.

DADdedede

Smash Cadet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camalange View Post
I suggest listening to the MK Debate via podcast. It's a pretty good listen. Also read some of the other threads about MK.

-totally

Inui

Banned via Warnings
again, I wanna say

i really like how this poll is turning out...
Uh, obviously? You're a Sonic main that voted "Yes" because you think MK is broken LOL.

Regardless of the results of this poll, I know my region isn't going to ever ban MK. I think my whole coast isn't. He's perfectly legal in FL. In fact, if you look at FL's rankings, there are only two MKs IIRC. 1st is Snake, 2nd is Dedede, and 3rd is Snake/Marth. W1n.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
as i was talking with others, i think the only reason an mk ban would be good is that it makes the game much more balanced.

currently: mk has no "bad" matchups, and goes even with a couple here and there

without him: everyone in the top tiers has counters and its more of a circle of characters doing good against each other while loosing to others. its really a lot more balanced.

so is mk as a character bannable per say? not reeeaaaly, but is the game more fair without him, most likely.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Who cares if it's fair or not, this game wasn't made to be fair. We just want it *possibly* a little more competitive since we'll actually have a counterpicking system again if MK is banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom