• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Custom Mii's Be Seprated From Fighter Customs?

Would you allow Custom Mii's in a non-custom tournament?

• Total voters

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Oh, other opinions are definitely valid. I've been ignoring most others and focusing on this one though. He's a very adamant one, I'll tell you that lol.
Why even bother. The man apparently wouldn't even allow Miis to use their moves at a tournament even if his participants voted for it. That right there is being a bad TO so just let his tournament die if he actually even runs one.

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
Also from the game itself:
Under Customs menu:

Mii Fighters:
Turn one of your Mii characters into your very own personalized fighter!
Choose from one of three classes: Brawler, Swordfighter, and Gunner.
Equip up to three pieces of gear to change the balance of your fighter's attack, defense, and speed. Equipment might lower one stat but raise another.
Some equipment has bonus effects!
Collect special moves as you play and assign them to your fighter. There are three for each slot.
You can even customize your fighter's appearance! Collect new looks for the head and body of your Mii Fighter.

Custom Fighters:
Customize fighters, and adjust their strengths as you see fit!
By equipping up to three equipment items, you can change the balance of your fighter's attack, defense, and speed. Equipment might lower one stat but raise another.
Some equipment have bonus effects!
Collect special moves as you play, and assign them to your fighter. There are three for each slot.
You can make up to 10 custom sets for each of the fighters. Be ready for anything!

So I think going by the game's definition, Mii Fighters are custom characters since it's under the Customs Menu. They do not have a default moveset since they are designed to be "your very own personalized fighter!". They are allowed in Customs OFF toggle, and have a separate toggle for Mii Fighters in Tourney mode online. They are not allowed on For Glory for the likely Hitler Mii concerns.

The game provides an exception to these custom characters to allow all their special moves to be used in Customs OFF. They do not allow "Custom Fighters" and equipment in Customs OFF.

I think we should follow this in-game logic because the 3 characters Mii Brawler, Mii Swordfighter, and Mii Gunner do not provide degenerative gameplay to the meta. It's different from say.... following Sudden Death rules that are present in-game because we see they are not healthy for our meta to decide matches on what's effectively is a minigame.

Last edited:

Peppermint1201

Smash Journeyman
NNID
orangeguy1201
3DS FC
0361-7301-1534
could someone please give me a run-down of the basic arguments of both sides at this point in the debate? i'm trying to figure it out myself but all these posts are so thick with weird sarcastic insults and epic one-liners that it's getting extremely hard to understand

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
Probably because he's right I dunno
Aren't you irrelevant in this conversation? Don't jump in try and use sarcasm to get an word in edgewise unless you actually start contributing to the conversation again

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
If we are debating whether a Mii fighter (what you yourself defined as custom as well) should or should not be allowed in a non custom environment, it would only make sense that they don't be allowed as they are custom fighters.

I just want to clarify that I am not arguing their viability at all (in terms of tier placements or whether a move is ridiculous or not). I do not use Mii fighters so my place in that specific argument wouldn't mean much.
I believe they should be allowed as the game provides in-game logic to have them available with all their specials as an exception outside of For Glory rules.

There's no reason not to allow, outside of just to follow some definition of what a custom really means, when we should be allowing them as they fully are like the in-game logic does because they cause no problems in our meta.

It really should be an argument on whether we want "created characters" in our meta. I do not believe they provide any problems to us logistically for a TO's perspective, or competitive for players' perspectives, so I say let it rock.

Last edited:

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
Before I get to addressing the content of the post, cool it with the attitude man. Regardless of how valid our points appear to you, acting this way is only aiming to piss people off.

We have NOT established that if 1111 isn't custom, then 2122 isn't custom and the converse of that statement.

It also does not matter if they will see play or not.

I'm ignoring you because you're too concerned with telling me I lose than talking about the issue.
Do I literally need to max the character limit by quoting previous posts to you in order to respond?

Because that's where we're at right now, and your fingers-in-ears stance especially with your position is extremely disgusting and prompts any such hostile response you have received thus far in this thread.

I could easily say the same about all of your posts. You appear to have a "cool" demeanour on the outside, but anyone reading your posts would think you come off as an extreme troll.

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
could someone please give me a run-down of the basic arguments of both sides at this point in the debate? i'm trying to figure it out myself but all these posts are so thick with weird sarcastic insults and epic one-liners that it's getting extremely hard to understand
The oppositions basic arguments are these:

Miis are Customs

Miis should get to have custom variations since other characters can't

I don't like Miis and don't want them to have their moves they were designed to use (Aka Using personal views to dictate what the Miis are and how they operate)

Those are what the opposition has and all of those are easily crack able and have been cracked

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Ok last real post for me then I'm done.

This thread doesn't matter at all. The people who make the calls on this matter made them months ago and the world did not end. Like Kirby, Miis don't exactly slay it in custom-free bracket but have a ton more potential when customs are in play. If you don't like it, host a tourney and make the rule change yourself. I'm sure no one will be dissuaded from coming, but I also wouldn't even start to hold my breath over seeing this punch through in a major tourney without customs legal probably ever.

Feel free to keep pretending like telling people who disagree with you that they're ignorant and how they just hate miis though it really lends a lot of credibility to your argument!

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
Going by the game's definitions now, yes Mii Fighters are considered and designed as custom characters, but they allow an exception to let them use all their custom moves in modes even when the Customs toggle is off.

They are not broken or terrible to manage logistically for a tournament, so I see no reason not to follow the in-game exception unless proven otherwise. Thoughts?

Especially since they allow 3 unique characters and allow Mii mains to be happy, I'd love to hear why this would be a bad thing to our meta to just allow it in, like the game does.

Last edited:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'm going to ramble a bit here so don't chew me out too hard on this, but I want to be transparent on where I'm coming from.

I'm a local player from PA who has TO'd a couple times and wants to do it more regularly. I also assist in TOing on a semi-regular basis. Experience has told me that I'm good at it and that I'm also good at making judgement calls regardless of what people want.

I'm going to be honest with you all. I don't like Miis. Especially Mii Brawler. Hurricane Kick is mad dumb, man. I don't think anything other than 1111 should be considered non-custom.

That being said, and I'm sure you won't believe me, that has no impact on what I've been saying. I want to be a sorta big TO one day and I will not let my rules be dictated by a minority yelling at me. I don't care about the logistics. If customs should be legal without taking into consideration the logistics, I want to find a way to do it. But I don't think they should be legal regardless of the logistics.

However, I don't think Mii Fighters should get shafted and considered customs completely. I want the character to be able to be used. And so I would rather have them use the 1111 moveset like everyone else instead of banning them. Sure, gunner and swordsman get the short end of the stick. Tough luck. Lots of characters get the short end of the stick in fighting games.

Completely defining what a custom is is tough because not everyone agrees on it, but as a TO I would make a judgement call and choose to allow their 1111 instead of banning them outright.

I'm sure some of this won't make sense since I haven't run this statement through my local college's philosophy department's chairman, but I'll try to address concerns.

edit: By the way, if you're a TO and you want to give custom Miis a chance, go for it. I have no right to tell another TO they can't run a certain ruleset.

Last edited:

CursedJay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CursedJay2
Well, the argument has boiled down to the question of whether or not they're actually custom characters. Some believe that because the custom moves are selectable on the non custom screen, the moves should not be considered custom. Others believe that regardless of what the game does or does not allow, the character having multiple sets and having to be created in the Custom area makes him ineligible for custom play.

That raises the question: What makes a character non custom? Is it their 1111 moveset? are Miis ineligible because they don't have a moveset to begin with? It really seems like an all or nothing deal.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster

This thread doesn't matter at all. The people who make the calls on this matter made them months ago and the world did not end. Like Kirby, Miis don't exactly slay it in custom-free bracket but have a ton more potential when customs are in play. If you don't like it, host a tourney and make the rule change yourself. I'm sure no one will be dissuaded from coming, but I also wouldn't even start to hold my breath over seeing this punch through in a major tourney without customs legal probably ever.

Feel free to keep pretending like telling people who disagree with you that they're ignorant and how they just hate miis though it really lends a lot of credibility to your argument!

We're already on that. New Jersey is already having tournaments with Mii Fighters allowed. Tournaments that high level participants such as Nairo enter. It's only a matter of time before we convince the bigger TO's the way things should be.

I don't think you should be so confident that things won't change. Maybe not in Socal, because thats just socal. There are lots of other places in the world that would prefer Miis to use whatever they want.

I'm going to be honest with you all. I don't like Miis. Especially Mii Brawler. Hurricane Kick is mad dumb, man. I don't think anything other than 1111 should be considered non-custom.
It's too bad. 2122 is easily beatable if you learn the MU. Not even that hard. I'm fully confident that there is nobody who can use that move to beat me because I've actually taken the time to learn how to beat it.

I
However, I don't think Mii Fighters should get shafted and considered customs completely. I want the character to be able to be used. And so I would rather have them use the 1111 moveset like everyone else instead of banning them.

Completely defining what a custom is is tough because not everyone agrees on it, but as a TO I would make a judgement call and choose to allow their 1111 instead of banning them outright.
Doing this makes more people mad than happy and it makes you a bad TO

Last edited:

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
However, I don't think Mii Fighters should get shafted and considered customs completely. I want the character to be able to be used. And so I would rather have them use the 1111 moveset like everyone else instead of banning them. Sure, gunner and swordsman get the short end of the stick. Tough luck. Lots of characters get the short end of the stick in fighting games.

I agree, that letting them be available as 1111 is better than banning them out entirely. However, the game also allows an exception to use them 2222 and 3333 specials. Why not follow the in-game logic if it isn't harmful to the meta, and provides little to no problems logistically for a TO? It allows Mii mainers to be happy, it allows 3 unique characters to have access to what they were designed for and be interesting characters to mingle with the rest of the cast.

You may disagree on what is considered a custom, but what's the harm of following the in-game logic here if it's not harmful to the game? The game clearly provides an exception in allowing them in Customs OFF, and allowing them in Tourney Mode.

Last edited:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629

I mean, popularity leads to a lot of things in this meta. That's what killed customs. Top players said that customs ruined the game, so now they're gone.

Now more and more players are starting to realize that the arguments for 1111-only Mii's are literally garbage. Don't assume things wont happen. Game hasn't even been out for a year yet. Especially since we're getting more and more high level players to realize this (which pull the most opinions in this game based on previous discussions/rules).

Also, if Japan and Europe are doing it, assuming that the US won't for whatever reason is silly. Come on, Glyph. :x

Last edited:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I agree, that letting them be available as 1111 is better than banning them out entirely. However, the game also allows an exception to use them 2222 and 3333 specials. Why not follow the in-game logic if it isn't harmful to the meta, and provides little to no problems logistically for a TO? It allows Mii mainers to be happy, it allows 3 unique characters to have access to what they were designed for and be interesting characters to mingle with the rest of the cast.

You may disagree on what is considered a custom, but what's the harm of following the in-game logic here if it's not harmful to the game?
Honestly it really just boils down to me thinking it's not fair. I don't think it's fair for three characters to be allowed to have more than one set when everyone else is only allowed one. Sure, you can select them with customs turned off. I would be more willing to have the community agree on a single set (such as 2122 Brawler) as the default instead of just letting everyone pick. When someone says "I'm playing Mii Brawler." I want that to signify a specific character the same way as someone saying "I play Bowser." means one specific character.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Oh how high and mighty of you, my dear redbar.

This entire argument drills down to allowing Mii's or not. We have already established that if 1111 isn't custom, then 2122, etc are not custom. Conversely, if they are custom, then 1111 is also custom.

So now to the real point, are you for allowing the game to dictate what customs or not, or are you simply allowing 1111 Mii's to break the no custom rule in order to APPEAR benevolent while knowing FULL WELL that they will not see use?

Your's and GwJ's arguments aren't worthy of serious discussion or respect. They are completely found-less, and appear extremely arrogant.
Again, with personal attacks lol. You clearly dont understand how to debate properly. If anything your tone suggests that you alone are arrogant, not us.

You seem to misunderstand my post. But again, your tone shows that I should not give you the time of day.

I believe they should be allowed as the game provides in-game logic to have them available with all their specials as an exception outside of For Glory rules.

There's no reason not to allow, outside of just to follow some definition of what a custom really means, when we should be allowing them as they fully are like the in-game logic does because they cause no problems in our meta.

It really should be an argument on whether we want "created characters" in our meta. I do not believe they provide any problems to us logistically for a TO's perspective, or competitive for players' perspectives, so I say let it rock.
If everyone could debate like you, this topic would actually get somewhere. By this I can see why you would allow it.

Ultimately in my opinion, if you truly want a non customs environment, then custom fighters would also not be allowed. This is strictly because they go through the customization process just to actually exist in the first place. Otherwise you cannot really call it "non customs".

CursedJay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CursedJay2
I'm going to ramble a bit here so don't chew me out too hard on this, but I want to be transparent on where I'm coming from.

I'm a local player from PA who has TO'd a couple times and wants to do it more regularly. I also assist in TOing on a semi-regular basis. Experience has told me that I'm good at it and that I'm also good at making judgement calls regardless of what people want.

That being said, and I'm sure you won't believe me, that has no impact on what I've been saying. I want to be a sorta big TO one day and I will not let my rules be dictated by a minority yelling at me. I don't care about the logistics. If customs should be legal without taking into consideration the logistics, I want to find a way to do it. But I don't think they should be legal regardless of the logistics.

I'm sure some of this won't make sense since I haven't run this statement through my local college's philosophy department's chairman, but I'll try to address concerns.
You're not the only one with TO Aspirations. I've been running smaller tournaments at my college for about a year now in NYC. Contacted the Nebulous team and I was supposed to begin working with them. Sadly, Nebs closed down. (Coming back soon, though.

I'm looking at this from the perspective of a TO. I'm anti customs because they present a ton of logistical issues: They're mildly inaccessible, the sets aren't well known, and worst of all, it blows a meta wide open when we haven't even mastered the default meta. Will I allow them one day in the future? Maybe. The default meta is what matters most right now, and with all of the constant patches and whatnot, the dust has definitely not settled.

The reason I'm not opposed to Miis is because they are incredibly accessible and provide a very finite set of options compared to the Customs on meta. It's unreasonable to ask players to prepare for at least 500 different sets. It creates a skill barrier that frankly doesn't need to be there. I feel like the Miis will help us get our feet wet with the idea of customs. Do I like the Mii fighters? Hell no. Helicopter kick is stupid and so is his 2nd side B. That said, I'm not letting my feelings cloud my judgement. There is very little reason to not include Mii fighters in non custom play. (In my opinion of course.)

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
Honestly it really just boils down to me thinking it's not fair. I don't think it's fair for three characters to be allowed to have more than one set when everyone else is only allowed one. Sure, you can select them with customs turned off. I would be more willing to have the community agree on a single set (such as 2122 Brawler) as the default instead of just letting everyone pick. When someone says "I'm playing Mii Brawler." I want that to signify a specific character the same way as someone saying "I play Bowser." means one specific character.
It's not "fair" to other characters to allow the other specials, but the in-game logic allows it. I would love if Palutena had the same thing going on as it feels like she was designed to have a varied moveset too. But I think you and I can both agree, that Miis are not designed to have 1111 movesets, they are custom made characters, right? I don't see the issue of just letting it rock when the in-game logic clearly provides an exception to it.

Ultimately in my opinion, if you truly want a non customs environment, then custom fighters would also not be allowed. This is strictly because they go through the customization process just to actually exist in the first place. Otherwise you cannot really call it "non customs".
I can see that.

Like I've said before, yes I do think that it's more of a question on whether we should allow these Miis since they are custom made characters, but they do not provide any or little issues from a balance or logistical standpoint, and they allow 3 unique characters to be in if you allow the exception like the game does. I think Mii Swordfighter is a fascinating character with some neat tricks and I've love for the meta for all the Miis to be advanced instead of forced into 1111 movesets or banned entirely.

Last edited:

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR

I replied to you once before and you dipped out and ignored it so that is fine, you do not deserve a respectful post from me because of your view. I can not respect someone that selfish...

Also by the by, it was easier for people to bunch Miis with customs at that time because it was easier. This is not that time and Mii mains and non-Mii mains have all majority ruled that is acceptable and not a problem. Miis have had custom sets before but Apex (for no reason) went against it at the LAST SECOND so we can get them legal easily.

Not to mention SmashCon is coming up and there is a customs panel and how look!!! Miis are a topic about whether or not they should be allowed to use their sets. So the "people who make the calls on this matter made them months ago" does not stand because if they are sound with them, this would be a non-issue

None of us are pretending like people who disagree are ignorant and hate Miis because we don't feel that way. YOU OPENLY SAID YOU DON'T LIKE THE MIIS making the reason why you don't want them to have their sets is SELFISH AND BIASED. So its not like we haven't dealt with people aren't like that because you are one of them and admitted to it!! Most other arguments are also rather ignorant and stubborn since people REFUSE to listen to the design of the game and while there are good points on each side, there are always counter points

Like I said before, don't just jump in here after dipping out and lurking and acting like you made a legitimate push in this thread because you didn't. You had a great point going and then IMMEDIATELY killed it by saying your real reason is because you don't like them and don't want them to have their sets.

I have no respect for you at this point and honestly, please let that be your last post because you did not contribute to any type of helpful discussion.

I hope you have good day/night, honeslty I do but do not come back

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
However, I don't think Mii Fighters should get shafted and considered customs completely. I want the character to be able to be used.
This is where I couldn't take it seriously anymore.

Like, just ban the characters. It would be way better for the Mii Fighter mains, because a HUGE majority of them wouldn't have access to their actual main anyways. They would have access to a completely different character that non-Mii Fighter mains try to compare to their main. It's honestly offensive to Mii Fighters in case you couldn't tell by this thread.

Last edited:

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I replied to you once before and you dipped out and ignored it so that is fine, you do not deserve a respectful post from me because of your view. I can not respect someone that selfish...

Also by the by, it was easier for people to bunch Miis with customs at that time because it was easier. This is not that time and Mii mains and non-Mii mains have all majority ruled that is acceptable and not a problem. Miis have had custom sets before but Apex (for no reason) went against it at the LAST SECOND so we can get them legal easily.

Not to mention SmashCon is coming up and there is a customs panel and how look!!! Miis are a topic about whether or not they should be allowed to use their sets. So the "people who make the calls on this matter made them months ago" does not stand because if they are sound with them, this would be a non-issue

None of us are pretending like people who disagree are ignorant and hate Miis because we don't feel that way. YOU OPENLY SAID YOU DON'T LIKE THE MIIS making the reason why you don't want them to have their sets is SELFISH AND BIASED. So its not like we haven't dealt with people aren't like that because you are one of them and admitted to it!! Most other arguments are also rather ignorant and stubborn since people REFUSE to listen to the design of the game and while there are good points on each side, there are always counter points

Like I said before, don't just jump in here after dipping out and lurking and acting like you made a legitimate push in this thread because you didn't. You had a great point going and then IMMEDIATELY killed it by saying your real reason is because you don't like them and don't want them to have their sets.

I have no respect for you at this point and honestly, please let that be your last post because you did not contribute to any type of helpful discussion.

I hope you have good day/night, honeslty I do but do not come back
Could you shorten this up for me please its kind of long

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
Shorten it? I am sorry but I will not as you have not earned that type of respect

Just read the 3 paragraphs/line and you will know why

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
You're a biased casual so get out of our faces. >: c

#mafia101

Seriously though, from Mii Fighter mains, please just ban the character if you're going to force us into 1111. It's a really simple request from like 95% of the Mii Fighter mains (which is already a small number because people have like 4-5 different rules and limitations for Mii Fighters because why not???)

Last edited:

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
That's so disrespectful of you I have no words.
How do distasteful people like you become a backroomer...?

Last edited:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
You're not the only one with TO Aspirations. I've been running smaller tournaments at my college for about a year now in NYC. Contacted the Nebulous team and I was supposed to begin working with them. Sadly, Nebs closed down. (Coming back soon, though.

I'm looking at this from the perspective of a TO. I'm anti customs because they present a ton of logistical issues: They're mildly inaccessible, the sets aren't well known, and worst of all, it blows a meta wide open when we haven't even mastered the default meta. Will I allow them one day in the future? Maybe. The default meta is what matters most right now, and with all of the constant patches and whatnot, the dust has definitely not settled.

The reason I'm not opposed to Miis is because they are incredibly accessible and provide a very finite set of options compared to the Customs on meta. It's unreasonable to ask players to prepare for at least 500 different sets. It creates a skill barrier that frankly doesn't need to be there. I feel like the Miis will help us get our feet wet with the idea of customs. Do I like the Mii fighters? Hell no. Helicopter kick is stupid and so is his 2nd side B. That said, I'm not letting my feelings cloud my judgement. There is very little reason to not include Mii fighters in non custom play. (In my opinion of course.)
And I feel you on that. I just personally don't care about trying get our feet wet with customs. My mind's already made up on customs and I have no desire to try and feel the waters with Miis to see if I'll get used to it.

It's not "fair" to other characters to allow the other specials, but the in-game logic allows it. I would love if Palutena had the same thing going on as it feels like she was designed to have a varied moveset too. But I think you and I can both agree, that Miis are not designed to have 1111 movesets, they are custom made characters, right? I don't see the issue of just letting it rock when the in-game logic clearly provides an exception to it.
I don't know what Miis were designed with and honestly I don't care. I care about having a fair experience and allowing 9 different sets for 3 different characters isn't fair even if most of them aren't good. I'm not opposed to using a different set than 1111, but I'd only want a single set.

Like, just ban the characters. It would be way better for the Mii Fighter mains, because a majority of them wouldn't have access to their actual main. They would have access to a completely different character that non-Mii Fighter mains try to compare to their main. It's honestly offensive to Mii Fighters in case you couldn't tell by this thread.
I don't care about offending a Mii main by stating that their moveset of their character shouldn't be legal. It's not better to just ban it. If I ban it, nobody gets to play Miis. If I don't ban it, Miis get to be played, although you may not like the moveset and may not play the character because of it.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Call me stupid but I I risked keeping cancer in my body for 1 extra week just so I could attend EVO which let me use Mii Brawler at a national.

If I ever visit socal and find you as a TO Im going to take a vote from the participants, if the majority says yes they can use their movesets, I will listen to them and use my character and force you to kick me out of the venue just to make you look like an asshole

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I don't care about offending a Mii main by stating that their moveset of their character shouldn't be legal. It's not better to just ban it. If I ban it, nobody gets to play Miis. If I don't ban it, Miis get to be played, although you may not like the moveset and may not play the character because of it.
"I'm trying to be a TO"

"I don't care about offending x player"

You're going to be a wonderful TO.

Illuminose

Smash Ace

Like, just ban the characters. It would be way better for the Mii Fighter mains, because a majority of them wouldn't have access to their actual main. They would have access to a completely different character that non-Mii Fighter mains try to compare to their main. It's honestly offensive to Mii Fighters in case you couldn't tell by this thread.
Saying stuff about viability or 'offending Mii Fighter mains' is totally invalid and irrelevant. We are not concerned with how viable the characters are. Not one bit. Guess what, there are players who play Lightweight Palutena, who is a totally different character than normal Palutena. We aren't making concessions to the 'poor Palutena mains' either.

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
Again, with personal attacks lol. You clearly dont understand how to debate properly. If anything your tone suggests that you alone are arrogant, not us.

You seem to misunderstand my post. But again, your tone shows that I should not give you the time of day.

If everyone could debate like you, this topic would actually get somewhere. By this I can see why you would allow it.

There are no personal attacks, you made those yourself. It's interesting that you attempting to devalue my arguments based on the tone of my post rather that actually respond to my points.

And in your attempt to do this, you ironically committed the same act you claimed I was doing. You "personally attacked" my ability to debate, and called me arrogant. Have you ever maybe stood back and looked at your own posts without rose-coloured glasses?

My posts being emotionally charged does not make them less valid. Your inability to respond to them as such does you zero favours.

CursedJay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CursedJay2
....Wait, Dapuffster?

Didn't connect those dots lol

Nah, Customs have a future. I don't like it, but they add......something to the game. Like I've said to people though, implementing customs now is like trying to put icing on a cake that hasn't been baked yet.

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
I don't know what Miis were designed with and honestly I don't care. I care about having a fair experience and allowing 9 different sets for 3 different characters isn't fair even if most of them aren't good. I'm not opposed to using a different set than 1111, but I'd only want a single set.
It's not a fair experience if Mii mains have to play a gimped version of their character especially when the game allows it in all modes minus For Glory. If you're not opposed to sets other than 1111, I don't see the issue in letting them just use all of them, there's very little Mii mains, the majority of them use similar sets when using EVO sets. Just let it rock unless major issues arise. If the issue is just not wanting to learn how to fight more specials/sets, that's a very weak argument. As a Marvel player, guess what, I had to learn different matchups with different assist configurations and such.

If I accommodated every player that felt offended by my ruleset, I'd be a horrible TO.
I agree, but, I also don't think restricting a character when the game allows it is a good way to make a ruleset though.

Last edited:

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
There are no personal attacks, you made those yourself. It's interesting that you attempting to devalue my arguments based on the tone of my post rather that actually respond to my points.

And in your attempt to do this, you ironically committed the same act you claimed I was doing. You "personally attacked" my ability to debate, and called me arrogant. Have you ever maybe stood back and looked at your own posts without rose-coloured glasses?

My posts being emotionally charged does not make them less valid. Your inability to respond to them as such does you zero favours.
Because I have already spoken my stance to others before you. And they respond without the intent of belittling the person, unlike you.

Many of the people in here are debating by putting out their opinion while at the same time giving respect to those who have an opposing opinion. That is how a debate works.

You are just arguing to make yourself feel good and the other person feel like garbage rather than to actually let out your opinion.

Last edited:

CursedJay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CursedJay2
Seriously though, Logistics for now. Customs are way too much work for the TO and the player. If Nintendo implements some sort of patch or DLC that unlocks all customs automatically, I'll warm up to the idea a little more.

For now though, Anti customs guy going to bed.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
....Wait, Dapuffster?

Didn't connect those dots lol

Nah, Customs have a future. I don't like it, but they add......something to the game. Like I've said to people though, implementing customs now is like trying to put icing on a cake that hasn't been baked yet.

Yeah, you could just imagine how much of a slap in the face it is when you invent a character's metagame, everybody copies off of you, you are the only mii brawler that is successful in tournament, the game allows you to use your character. But then they tell you to use 1111 only because lol **** you. Oh and we wont give you custom moves either, or anything.

Just, **** you Dapuffster for everything you contributed.

Top Bottom