• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shotokan Dojo - Ryu Social Thread

Zef

Smash Ace

*credits to superturtle

GET HYPE, POST SPECULATION, GET EXCITE

will ryu have OHC? will he actually be able to recover? will he be high tier? (yes)

leak compedium:
special moves:
ryu's stage: http://i.imgur.com/3NnQaaV.png

Last edited:

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
All I want is the donkey kick (joudan sokutogeri). Better be a side smash or something

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Looking forward to playing as this guy. Can't believe he's actually joining Smash!

Not sure if I'll be able to stop myself from loudly quoting his spiritual successor, Rumble McSkirmish, while brawling.

Im definitely trying him.
Im alos buying Super street fighter 4 IV ultra with the steam Summer sale.

A super hype day. Mega mna's shoryouken wasnt enough for me.

SuaveChaser

Smash Journeyman
Congrats to all ryu supporters. I never thought i would see the day this existed in smash lol the hype is real.

D

Deleted member

I've been on the fence on the status of Tatsumaki Senpupkyaku,

Judging from the video and the way its chained into I want to say that the move itself and the low kicks before it are all a part of some (for a lack of a better term) "combo rush" S-B.

Either that or Ryu's combo potential is just that jank.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Side smash seems to be Joudan kick. Two final smashes. Shinku Hadouken and Shin Shoryuken. Focus attack has armor and causes crumple on hit. D-tilt is low short it seems. I guess his low forward is d-smash?

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Shoryuken is stupid. He can Shoryuken one Bowser away from the ledge and auto snap to it. Some serious Satsui no Hadou voodoo going on there.

D

Deleted member

It seems like Tatsumaki Senpukyaku is both his S-B and his Dash Attack, maybe?

I find that interesting if it's true.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Side smash seems to be Joudan kick. Two final smashes. Shinku Hadouken and Shin Shoryuken. Focus attack has armor and causes crumple on hit. D-tilt is low short it seems. I guess his low forward is d-smash?
Crouch Roundhouse
Low forward is D-Tilt

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I'm watching the latest Ryu video and I notice him throwing multi-hit red fireballs now. Anyone have any idea how he's doing that? Custom specials? Stance shift? Hadouken is neutral special so it's obviously not a smash input...

Either way, Ryu looks *really* good. His recovery is a bit suspect, and I'm really not digging that up smash. Everything else looks extremely good; he seems to have very long limbs, hit very hard, and recover from his attacks quickly. He has a decidedly above average projectile (even ignoring the red fireball!) and his moves seem to flow together well. Watching Ryu in action makes me want to play as Ryu.

Too bad his stage is definitely banned; it's really pretty.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'm watching the latest Ryu video and I notice him throwing multi-hit red fireballs now. Anyone have any idea how he's doing that? Custom specials? Stance shift? Hadouken is neutral special so it's obviously not a smash input...

Either way, Ryu looks *really* good. His recovery is a bit suspect, and I'm really not digging that up smash. Everything else looks extremely good; he seems to have very long limbs, hit very hard, and recover from his attacks quickly. He has a decidedly above average projectile (even ignoring the red fireball!) and his moves seem to flow together well. Watching Ryu in action makes me want to play as Ryu.

Too bad his stage is definitely banned; it's really pretty.
I've heard that doing actual Street Fighter inputs gives different specials, with at least two of them being different Hadoukens

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I've heard that doing actual Street Fighter inputs gives different specials, with at least two of them being different Hadoukens
That might explain why he keeps pivoting on accident before throwing the red fireball. That sounds obnoxious but really powerful regardless, and I'm left wondering if inputting a dragon punch could give him a bigger recovery.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Looking forward to playing as this guy. Can't believe he's actually joining Smash!

Not sure if I'll be able to stop myself from loudly quoting his spiritual successor, Rumble McSkirmish, while brawling.

Someone's gonna make a Rumble McSkirmish custom amiibo out of the Ryu one.

I can sense it. :laugh:

Last edited:

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
"You killed his father!" :laugh:
"Never underestimate that I have punches!" and "Winners don't lose!" Are instant classics. I hope that the Shin Shoryuken Final Smash is long enough to fit in a war cry of "Super Power Ninja Turbo Neo Ultra Hyper Mega Multi Alpha Meta Extra Uber Prefix COMBO!"

Real talk, even by the high standards of Gravity Falls writing that episode was a flawless love letter to arcade games like Street Fightsr.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Hey guys, hopefully this becomes a main home for me.

Also we got some look-a-likes here

:4myfriends::4ryu:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Someone's gonna make a Rumble McSkirmish custom amiibo out of the Ryu one.
"Never underestimate that I have punches!" and "Winners don't lose!" Are instant classics. I hope that the Shin Shoryuken Final Smash is long enough to fit in a war cry of "Super Power Ninja Turbo Neo Ultra Hyper Mega Multi Alpha Meta Extra Uber Prefix COMBO!"

Real talk, even by the high standards of Gravity Falls writing that episode was a flawless love letter to arcade games like Street Fightsr.
Funniest part was decrypting that episode's credits code, IMO :laugh:

Top Bottom