• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short Hop Blaster still in?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
GimpyFish said that the lagcancelling of B moves has been removed completely, but that was only for the demo. Did they put it in again in the finalized version?

Because that would be ********. Dual laser, faster lasers and SHB still in. Thanks Sakurai!

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
GimpyFish said that the lagcancelling of B moves has been removed completely, but that was only for the demo. Did they put it in again in the finalized version?

Because that would be ********. Dual laser, faster lasers and SHB still in. Thanks Sakurai!
I think there's still short hopping.. just no L-canceling.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Wow it's a good thing people pay attention to how certain things are only in cutscenes and not in the actual game huh?!?!?!?

In short unless they changed things around then probably not.

Also he doesn't have dual lasers ok holy crap.

The projectile itself looks a bit faster and is blue. Also seems to be less lag on the ground? But still too much lag to really follow up with anything.

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
Most moves are automatically L canceled now, or so i heard. I think the reason they got rid of L-canceling because of wifi.. all the different advanced techniques would make wifi lag even harder making it worse to play online.

OoNoiRoO

Smash Journeyman
You can still short hop laser. You have to delay the timing a bit though or both lasers will shoot over most characters(second laser hits ganondorf right in the face though). You can't fastfall or influence your direction of movement while shooting lasers in the air either.

Probably still effective since the whole game is generally slower anyways.

Mobbin

Smash Apprentice
Watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOFIXUfaBZ0

At 1:23 he performs a short hop followed by his blaster (cool sound btw xD piiif).
I'm not sure if the lang is cancelled... but it looks like it was, or not?

I'm not a Falco main at all, so I will rely on your opinions :D

greetz

Ryan-K

Smash Master
It looked more like he put the gun away before he hit the ground; no lag was cancelled, but there's less anyway.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Melee is melee and brawl is brawl.

Who cares? Just play differently and stop complaining. If you wanna complain about how bad you think the game is then thats why gamefaqs was created -.-

stelzig

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOFIXUfaBZ0

I can't comment about the lasers, but watch around 1:30 when Falco up B's into the stage. He hits about 2/3 the right of the stage length, and teleports to the edge.

Apparently Brawl will have no edgeguarding. This game is looking pretty weak. :(
If it's still determineable when this is going to happen then i don't think that'll be a very big problem. If the other guy had edgehogged the falco would've died, right? Or maybe he would've just grabbed the edge on the other side:laugh:

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
If it's still determineable when this is going to happen then i don't think that'll be a very big problem. If the other guy had edgehogged the falco would've died, right? Or maybe he would've just grabbed the edge on the other side:laugh:
Well, just imagine how this would work with Fox, whose up B goes considerably farther. It looks like you could angle slightly towards the ledge, and if you land anywhere near it, you teleport to the edge. If your opponent has grabbed the edge, then you will just go through the stage and recover safely. This auto-sweet-spotting, combined with the floatiness of characters, means edgeguarding is going to be much less important than in Melee.

Melee is melee and brawl is brawl.
Wow. That's a novel point. I never thought if it that way. Thank you for opening my eyes.

Clearly, anticipatory criticism and speculation is meaningless since Brawl is Brawl and Melee is Melee. I suppose the whole industry of video game journalism should remodel itself to avoid preview and speculation, and should also avoid comparing each new game to its genre's exemplars by virtue of your novel argument.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Well i agree that it will definitely be much harder. But let's see how it works out. From the last few years of gaming i've experienced how people can be quite good at making up little tricks to prevent ideas such as yours here from happening. :)
But if it really ends up being impossible then i suppose edeguarding would just be more off-stage guarding so the target never gets close to the edge again.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Well i agree that it will definitely be much harder. But let's see how it works out. From the last few years of gaming i've experienced how people can be quite good at making up little tricks to prevent ideas such as yours here from happening. :)
But if it really ends up being impossible then i suppose edeguarding would just be more off-stage guarding so the target never gets close to the edge again.
Here's what I've learned from competitive gaming (Halo, then Smash): sequels suck and developers don't care.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Ya there is reason to worry. But we cannot be sure that this specific thing ends up being all that bad.
Right now i am really eager to get my hands on the game to see how much of this prevention from competition that nintendo seems to try and pull off really work. Sadly the game is released here last so i will get far behind if there is any surface to scratch :p

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
You DO realize that Smash Melee is a sequel??
The original game wasn't good enough to warrant a letdown. If Smash 64 had had as much depth as Melee does now, you can be sure Melee would have been trivial by comparison.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
i hope theres still L canceling so falco can do fast combos like in melee
brawl is generally going to be a slower paced game from what i've watched and from what i've heard.

i'm guessing this is going to be more mind-gamey and strategic.

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
The original game wasn't good enough to warrant a letdown. If Smash 64 had had as much depth as Melee does now, you can be sure Melee would have been trivial by comparison.
Yea, it would make sense that if melee was the 64 game they wouldn't have improved upon it for the GCN one.

SilintNinjya

Smash Apprentice
how long did it take for people to wave shine?

point being - it may take a while till this game feels as deep as melee did. there will be new tricks...just give it time. we arent going to learn a new language in a day.

Top Bottom