• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short Hop Blaster still in?

Wight

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure you're real question is soemthing along the lines of "is it still possible to spam short hop laser cancel?"
Well the laser falco has shoots a tad bit faster at least in my eyes, however in response to your question, you will probably have to come up with a new combo, as that one is most likely out. Perhaps not definitely but it will not be as effective as before; hard to conclude from the few videos out there at this moment in time.
Don't worry, from what i can tell the only people who are might be more satisfied than Falco fans are Bowser and Marth fans. Falco is still very good and fast in comparison to the rest. (I would call top tier if i was silly enough to attempt to try to formulate tiers)

Ryan-K

Smash Master
blah blah i can't stop complaining.
Clearly you don't get that comparing brawl and melee is pointless because they are different games and pointing out this supposedly obvious thing that you choose to ignore yet have the audacity to mock it because the concept that brawl is different than melee seems to just fly over your head.

Point is that speculatory preview is pointless if you haven't played the game and don't know what you are talking about.

wakka444

Smash Ace
You beat me to it cyberdemon. And yes it is a bit more of a dshl now which is nice since it controls more stage area now like foxs did but has the stun^^ and lag is there but not detrimental to the falcos game far as im seeing from these vids. We have a proof of concept and thats just the beginning.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
Lots of new strategies can be formed from the shdl and boomerang shine. With the added airtime in Brawl it can make for some interesting edgeguards. Theoretically while you're opponent is recovering could ledgehop back with a turn around neutral b and hit them with the boomerang shine spike and phantasm/fire bird back to the edge. Its wierd, but it might just work(if that doesnt there's always his b-air).

Edit: I thought about it for a minute, and the reverse laser to shine spike would be really hard to do(don't really know how hard it is for Falco's shine to hit) or how much knockback his new shine actually does.

Top Bottom