• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shiny's Mario Mafia - Game Over! Town + FireEmbleminer Victory!

D

Deleted member

hey @GoldenYuiitusin how did you decide to target Coricus? That one kinda surprised me.
With what both Vaan and Cori had said in the thread the day she was talking about quitting, it implied that they were in a PM together with Vaan's issues with the game.

Usually these kind of direct rants toward the hosts themselves would be in the private role PM for the player.
But if Cori was present for the ranting, that means the two shared a role PM. That meant they were working together, and with Vaan being outed as suspicious, that made Cori also suspicious.
Vaan was already going to be lynched, so I bombed Cori so we got two scum for the price of one townie (a.k.a. me).

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Aight so here's some things.

BarDulL BarDulL did a pretty impressive job. If he'd had any scumbuddies backing him up I really don't think he would have died any time soon.
You’re too nice, Kary. It would have been much more impressive if I had just sat in the back and laughed maniacally like a comic book super villain.:seuss:

Last edited:

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
just as planned
I can't communicate with dead people, so in no way could I possibly change his mind.
I had no idea that this would cause so much trouble.

For what it's worth, Natz~ Natz~ because you still seem confused about us talking, you were genuinely the most enjoyable player to talk to this game, and helped things along an astonishing amount, despite you insisting that you had no reads and nothing valuable to say. Keep doing what you're doing.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
To be honest, I did admittedly have my own share of frustrations with the game... a lot of stuff happened, especially with the incident surrounding Soup and the debate on whether or not they should of been hostkilled. It just... really got to me. :<

Still, good on you, @ShinyLegendary: that was a really important post you made.

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I had no idea that this would cause so much trouble.

For what it's worth, Natz~ Natz~ because you still seem confused about us talking, you were genuinely the most enjoyable player to talk to this game, and helped things along an astonishing amount, despite you insisting that you had no reads and nothing valuable to say. Keep doing what you're doing.
....you say that but all that honestly happened was me constalntly getting confused by you guys, constantly getting irriteated by every idea or thing i brought up getting digged and told it was bad, and just everything getting more and more frustrating

me and you talk was honestly the thing that broke my camels back as you saw me turn into a potty mouth, so its not confusion but rather exasperation and exhaution now

so...nah i'm not gonna do what i'm doing, katt needs to stop being a player for awhile, and chill, i'm just gonna be stragith on up spectator and co-host shish than deal with the stress

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I want to talk a bit about this pattern you guys have of giving third parties really powerful roles.

There seems to be a desire to offset the fact that they're playing alone by giving them enough to win single-handedly, but that seems completely unnecessary and just makes things unfun for everybody else. A survivor is likely to survive just by not drawing too much attention to themselves in a 20 person game. He doesn't also need to be immune to night actions and able to take over other people's roles or have magic can-do-anything dice.

I don't have much issue with any of the town roles, but I really dislike all three third party roles. Bardul got himself killed before he was able to do anything, but it was the other two third party roles that contributed the most to ruining the mafia's game. Uni's role was so complicated the hosts opted to not allow me to actually gain information by checking him, which rendered my own ability worthless for a night and led me to second guess everything else in the game, and Fire was allowed to be instrumental in getting me alignment checked while also being the one person in the game the mafia was completely incapable of doing ANYTHING to. (He couldn't be targeted at night, nor could we block him during the day).

Regarding my check on Uni:

I should have gotten a full, clear breakdown of his ability. The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn I'm curious if, when we were talking about the results of my check, if you also thought they were wrong, or if it was clear to you it was supposed to be a flavorless version of your role. Because even with your role in front of me I still struggle to see it as that.

If checking Uni meant his entire role was outed night one, then that's simply what should have been allowed to happen. He opted to act out-of-character and get Natz suspicious enough of him to ask me to check him, and yet, her suspicions and my check were not allowed to put us on the right track to figuring him out.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'm curious if, when we were talking about the results of my check, if you also thought they were wrong, or if it was clear to you it was supposed to be a flavorless version of your role. Because even with your role in front of me I still struggle to see it as that.
You're not alone.

My best guess was that it only described the Slow Dice.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It should've been more specific while staying vague.

Something like "User can throw a dice with a randomized outcome and ability. Can alter his probabilities with different types of dice."

Those two sentences literally describes it better than what you got.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I should have gotten a full, clear breakdown of his ability. The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn I'm curious if, when we were talking about the results of my check, if you also thought they were wrong, or if it was clear to you it was supposed to be a flavorless version of your role. Because even with your role in front of me I still struggle to see it as that.
i disagree you should of gotten a full breakdown of his ability, but you should of gotten more than what you got

my pick
"generate a random number between 1-6 to cause something random to your opponent"
"you can pick between options 1-5 to affect the random number outcome"

that should of been enough to tell you right there tbh

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
i disagree you should of gotten a full breakdown of his ability, but you should of gotten more than what you got

my pick
"generate a random number between 1-6 to cause something random to your opponent"
"you can pick between options 1-5 to affect the random number outcome"

that should of been enough to tell you right there tbh
It's important to remember, also, that I'm supposed to be able to use the ability myself after receiving it. At the bare minimum, I should have gotten enough to actually use the role as if it was mine from the start. Uni had a complete list of rules for how to use the ability, I didn't even have a clear picture of what the ability was, let alone all the details of how to use it.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It's important to remember, also, that I'm supposed to be able to use the ability myself after receiving it
Oh, if you were able to use it too, then yeah, you should've gotten the full thing. Or at least a flavorless version of it, which what you got clearly wasn't.

If it wasn't for the fact that the host never hosted before and the co-host only hosted once before, I'd be claiming that this was bastardry.

Instead, I just feel it's a goof from inexperienced hosts (not saying this in an offensive way, Shiny and Jojo)

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
....you say that but all that honestly happened was me constalntly getting confused by you guys, constantly getting irriteated by every idea or thing i brought up getting digged and told it was bad, and just everything getting more and more frustrating

me and you talk was honestly the thing that broke my camels back as you saw me turn into a potty mouth, so its not confusion but rather exasperation and exhaution now

so...nah i'm not gonna do what i'm doing, katt needs to stop being a player for awhile, and chill, i'm just gonna be stragith on up spectator and co-host shish than deal with the stress
I mean, a lot of that just boils down to differences in playstyle. DGames people aren't used to Night talk between players, so it was hard at first to understand why any player wouldn't have reads, or understand why we think Day 1 is so important, or understand why we think reads are so important. Night talk settles a lot of questions about peoples' alignments independently of reads, and there was still plenty of weird day play to comment on (Uni comes to mind).

I felt probably as exasperated with you at the time as you did with me (although we expressed it in different ways) and again I think that boils down to a difference in playstyles that will eventually shift and merge and gloss over as time goes on. I can't speak for Maven, not having seen that PM, but we do have a tendency to be a bit more aggressive here in expressing potential votes and lynches, or opinions as to whether or not the setup could really bear 17 different lynchproof abilities. Being conscious of that, I saw a lot of mechanical play from OG DGamers that (I think) has its roots in some manner of tiptoeing around differences, by focusing on what we feel to be the core aspects of the game.

Anyway, after we disagreed and after I had a good night's sleep, I had a much better appreciation for your playstyle, and the NZone style in general, and I felt like we were getting along well. You got along through the game in what felt like a normal style for you, without doing any of the mechanical things that people were insisting on. You're definitely on my player wishlist the next time I host.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
It's important to remember, also, that I'm supposed to be able to use the ability myself after receiving it. At the bare minimum, I should have gotten enough to actually use the role as if it was mine from the start. Uni had a complete list of rules for how to use the ability, I didn't even have a clear picture of what the ability was, let alone all the details of how to use it.
oh ya i forgot about that, keep thinking you were just rolecop

anyway ya what uni siad, it was ust a bad goof that caused a lotta mistakes and tensions

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Oh, if you were able to use it too, then yeah, you should've gotten the full thing. Or at least a flavorless version of it, which what you got clearly wasn't.

If it wasn't for the fact that the host never hosted before and the co-host only hosted once before, I'd be claiming that this was bastardry.

Instead, I just feel it's a goof from inexperienced hosts (not saying this in an offensive way, Shiny and Jojo)
I did conclude it was bastardry, unfortunately. I asked a bunch of people night 2 for answers. I was legitimately desperate for any other explanation, but without one, ultimately it was a key factor in ruining the game for me.

I don't entirely blame Joja for it, though. He asked the spectators for help and they gave him the version he eventually sent me. Those ********.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
oooh it's callout times! I haven't done this before

Coricus Coricus i love you. you were squeaky clean this game, too! we need to be mafia again, together. the one time we were, I was a traitor... and it didn't go so well :(

#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary you're BARRELS OF FUN to talk to!!!!!!!!!!!! wow, at first I was scared to talk. I thought you'd beat me to death with words :( but you're fun!!!!! keep being you!

Natz~ Natz~ you're AMAZING at mafia!!!!!! wow, i wish i was as good as you lol

Spak Spak you're cool. next game I'm going to you first. I promise I won't lynch you next game, too. Even if you turn out to be mafia ;)

Pokechu Pokechu lmao this dumb ***** whined constantly through night 2 and cried and pointed fingers throughout the whole game in their role PM lol dont play a mafia game ever again please

vaanrose vaanrose you're REALLY good and you played really well. you need to spill the beans on how you got gud. you had me FOOLED, even if I knew you were mafia just based off of your Luigi claim :smirk:

if you're ever scum again though, next time? I'm outing you for sure. no more mercy!! i've given you it twice now... :^(

Maven89 Maven89 sorry for what happened w/ the "die pokechu die". really, the only reason I didn't find it funny was because it was like 1 AM where I lived. I went hard on scumhunting that night. so when you told me you were pushing for my lynch and you sent "die pokechu die", I got all queasy and squirmy and just by virtue of being pretty dumb at 1 AM, I went to people I trusted and told them that I was suspicious of you, etc., and before sending them the run-down of what we talked about in our role PM, i told them all (jokingly) I had to "gather myself" and "my feelings highkey got hurt lol" because I was just told someone was gonna try and lynch me. but since I threw in "after I said x and he said y, z happened, then he started sending "die pokechu die"" after, it might've given off the impression that I was genuinely hurt when I really wasn't. sorry! :^( you can send me all the "die pokechu die"s next game! :laugh:

@ShinyLegendary Jojalole Jojalole this game wasn't bad by any means!! these roles were all ingenious (NZone hasn't had a cultist before!) and you guys handled everything really well!!! don't let this game get y'all down

retweet, follow, and like this post if you want your own shout-out ;)

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'm not even sure I deserve a shout-out, really... :<
Yellowlord Yellowlord you seem to be REALLY nice!!!!! we haven't talked much but you seem really laidback!!

aside from your inactivity, you did really good! like you didn't mess up or slip at all in any of your posts, and that's pretty impressive! if it was me? i'd make one post and people would instantly tag me as mafia lol that really happened, by the way, in the second game we had

overall if it weren't for your inactivity this game, no one would have been suspicious of you. you're better than you think!!!

>retweet

kek
I KNEW you were third party and no one wanted to listen :^((((((((((((((((((

but that's pretty good in itself!!!! no one suspected you of being a third party!! and you got really close to your goal.

can we get him a partial victory up in here?????? you really deserve one! your plan in the RIPM was real clever!! :laugh:

wait, what???? did i just compliment stoopid????? as being...clever??? whaaaaaaaat

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Yellowlord Yellowlord you seem to be REALLY nice!!!!! we haven't talked much but you seem really laidback!!

aside from your inactivity, you did really good! like you didn't mess up or slip at all in any of your posts, and that's pretty impressive! if it was me? i'd make one post and people would instantly tag me as mafia lol that really happened, by the way, in the second game we had

overall if it weren't for your inactivity this game, no one would have been suspicious of you. you're better than you think!!!
Well... thank you for that. ;-;

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I mean, a lot of that just boils down to differences in playstyle. DGames people aren't used to Night talk between players, so it was hard at first to understand why any player wouldn't have reads, or understand why we think Day 1 is so important, or understand why we think reads are so important. Night talk settles a lot of questions about peoples' alignments independently of reads, and there was still plenty of weird day play to comment on (Uni comes to mind).

I felt probably as exasperated with you at the time as you did with me (although we expressed it in different ways) and again I think that boils down to a difference in playstyles that will eventually shift and merge and gloss over as time goes on. I can't speak for Maven, not having seen that PM, but we do have a tendency to be a bit more aggressive here in expressing potential votes and lynches, or opinions as to whether or not the setup could really bear 17 different lynchproof abilities. Being conscious of that, I saw a lot of mechanical play from OG DGamers that (I think) has its roots in some manner of tiptoeing around differences, by focusing on what we feel to be the core aspects of the game.

Anyway, after we disagreed and after I had a good night's sleep, I had a much better appreciation for your playstyle, and the NZone style in general, and I felt like we were getting along well. You got along through the game in what felt like a normal style for you, without doing any of the mechanical things that people were insisting on. You're definitely on my player wishlist the next time I host.
honestly ya the seperation was real, the only person i actually didn't get much frustration from dealing with that wasn't one of my own was spak (he still tipped off a few things during day but it was mostly in pack) and that was cause me and him just goofed off and planned and gammbited at night like us nintenzoners usually do, coming up with stupid plans :V

and i really doubt that, or at least not intill after i blew up at your "playfulness" i don't doubt eventually our ideas and merging will happen without issue...but **** the aggressiveness and mechanical and the digging all this **** got to my head badly

and no that was not a normal style for me, just read through the graveyard it was pretty much universally agreed upon that, that was not katts usual self, i was stressed growing frustrated, and getting extermely tensed, not my laid back and happy go lucky fun attitude i usually pull no, so ya this was not a normal play sigh....

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
and no that was not a normal style for me, just read through the graveyard it was pretty much universally agreed upon that, that was not katts usual self, i was stressed growing frustrated, and getting extermely tensed, not my laid back and happy go lucky fun attitude i usually pull no, so ya this was not a normal play sigh....
That's because we didn't ****post enough, kitty :V

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
oooh it's callout times! I haven't done this before

Coricus Coricus i love you. you were squeaky clean this game, too! we need to be mafia again, together. the one time we were, I was a traitor... and it didn't go so well :(

#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary you're BARRELS OF FUN to talk to!!!!!!!!!!!! wow, at first I was scared to talk. I thought you'd beat me to death with words :( but you're fun!!!!! keep being you!

Natz~ Natz~ you're AMAZING at mafia!!!!!! wow, i wish i was as good as you lol

Spak Spak you're cool. next game I'm going to you first. I promise I won't lynch you next game, too. Even if you turn out to be mafia ;)

Pokechu Pokechu lmao this dumb ***** whined constantly through night 2 and cried and pointed fingers throughout the whole game in their role PM lol dont play a mafia game ever again please

vaanrose vaanrose you're REALLY good and you played really well. you need to spill the beans on how you got gud. you had me FOOLED, even if I knew you were mafia just based off of your Luigi claim :smirk:

if you're ever scum again though, next time? I'm outing you for sure. no more mercy!! i've given you it twice now... :^(

Maven89 Maven89 sorry for what happened w/ the "die pokechu die". really, the only reason I didn't find it funny was because it was like 1 AM where I lived. I went hard on scumhunting that night. so when you told me you were pushing for my lynch and you sent "die pokechu die", I got all queasy and squirmy and just by virtue of being pretty dumb at 1 AM, I went to people I trusted and told them that I was suspicious of you, etc., and before sending them the run-down of what we talked about in our role PM, i told them all (jokingly) I had to "gather myself" and "my feelings highkey got hurt lol" because I was just told someone was gonna try and lynch me. but since I threw in "after I said x and he said y, z happened, then he started sending "die pokechu die"" after, it might've given off the impression that I was genuinely hurt when I really wasn't. sorry! :^( you can send me all the "die pokechu die"s next game! :laugh:

@ShinyLegendary Jojalole Jojalole this game wasn't bad by any means!! these roles were all ingenious (NZone hasn't had a cultist before!) and you guys handled everything really well!!! don't let this game get y'all down

retweet, follow, and like this post if you want your own shout-out ;)
why the hell do people keep saying i'm amazing at mafia? .-.
all i did was get stressed out, frustrated, and i blew up and got myself host killed

i'm pretty damn certain i deserve no rewarrd for that bad behavior

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
That's because we didn't ****post enough, kitty :V
honestly? ya pretty much....to much stress not enough frienship or goofing off with anyone >->

but affter you pulling off a clear grudge against me and literally wishing for my death i pretty much wanted to just turn you off

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I like the setup, the only thing that threw me was Kary.

I can't find the quote now, so I'm not sure where it was said, but I really feel that it's worth bringing up. Directly stating, "good characters aren't necessarily good, bad characters aren't necessarily bad," really primes players to suspect the good characters, much moreso than giving bad characters the benefit of the doubt. I mean, if anything, the one surprise from the mafia team's flavour is the presence of Waluigi. I had bad feelings about Vaan, but I would have shrugged it off if not for hearing that he and Swamp were Luigi and Mario. I even said, "Mario, Mafia Godfather" in PMs with Maven. And Natz very intuitively said to me that she thought Yellowlord was Mafia Strong Arm, for no other reason than because she was Donkey Kong.
I agree with this.

I was very confident before the roles were even sent that Mario and Luigi were going to be mafia. When I opened the mafia roles to not only see that Swamp and I were the mafia again but that, indeed, the mafia was Mario, Luigi and DK, to boot, I even said, in my first message to the team, we were at a distinct disadvantage before the game even started.

I came up with the idea to play Luigi as if my role depended on finding Mario, because I felt like I needed some alternative role for Mario and Luigi to fill, and I wanted to get in front of other people coming to the same conclusion I did. Unfortunately, there was a miscommunication between me and Swamp and he started telling people he was looking for Luigi when I only intended to play like Luigi looking for him. I wanted to play it like Luigi's role depended on Mario, but not vice versa, but that went out the window right away and our roles became linked together a lot more than I had wanted.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
honestly? ya pretty much....to much stress not enough frienship or goofing off with anyone >->

but affter you pulling off a clear grudge against me and literally wishing for my death i pretty much wanted to just turn you off
I... worded myself wrong.

I just want revenge from Villains Mafia... even though it's my own fault.

If Goldie managed to get redemption twice so far, I can do that too!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It's not random. If it wasn't for last night's talk, I'd have voted for him.

But given the circumstances of our talk, which I'll only reveal if Swamp's cool with it, I doubt it because it would mean something that has such a low chance of happening that I'd ****ing eat my underwear if it happened.
By it, I mean Swamp being mafia
Well... that's one promise I won't keep :V

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
the mafia should have been toadsworth, daisy, rosalina, and shy guy :laugh:

toadsworth because mario phased him out
daisy because she never got her own time to shine
rosalina because she didnt even show up in galaxy 2 lol
and shy guy because he just got kicked out of mario tennis

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
the mafia should have been toadsworth, daisy, rosalina, and shy guy :laugh:

toadsworth because mario phased him out
daisy because she never got her own time to shine
rosalina because she didnt even show up in galaxy 2 lol
and shy guy because he just got kicked out of mario tennis
isn't rosalina the narrator for galaxy 2?

Top Bottom