• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shiny Hunting

John2k4

The End of an Era
My brother did some 10K soft-resets and got a shiny Giratina....it was so funny when he finally got it, too - I heard him yelling from across the house. :p

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Last week while resetting for nature on Thundurus, I found a shiny Audino. I picked keeping the shiny Audino over getting a good natured Thundurus.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Planned on using that Electric eel thing while doing my run through on English black, and happened to catch a shiny Joltik. Modest with baller IVs and ****.

Love it

Now only if Galvantula wasn't *** :urg:

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
My first Shiny was a Yanma I hatched during constant time or trying to get the right nature. It had "Speed Boost" ablility, full IVs for SP. Atk but unfortunately the wrong nature being "Docile." In a way wasn't bad because it didn't lower any stats.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
From what I've read in this thread, looks like lots of people have shinies in black or white. Is it easier to find them in B/W or something? Are people just getting lucky?

Also, in my Gold version I used to have a shiny Cleffa.... I think my brother might have accidentally released it or something because I dont have it any more:(

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I still play Platinum more. With the 6,000+ hours I've put in it that is the first Shiny I ever gotten. The Shiny Latias I have was traded to me. (I sure don't have patience or luck to go for shiny legendary Pokemon.)

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
From what I've read in this thread, looks like lots of people have shinies in black or white. Is it easier to find them in B/W or something? Are people just getting lucky?(
I always had more shinies in the older games, but yeah I found my shiny Joltik at like 13 hours play time, on my first trip through Chargestone cave LOL.

Maaaaaaad unexpected.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Don't worry. I'm in that boat too. I've never encountered a shiny wild Pokemon in any game shiny Pokemon can be found on. I was lucky to even get a shiny through breeding when all I was focused on was breeding the right nature and IVs.

I have never seen a shiny pokemon since the day I had my pokemon gold version. A nidorino was the first and only I ever saw. Failed to catch it too.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
The first shiny pokemon I caught was a blue "N" unown in Leaf Green.
I guess it was expected after having ****loads of wild battles trying to catch all the different forms.
I also hatched a shiny turtwig in Platinum, which was kinda cool, lost the cartridge I had that in though. (along with a 31 attack and speed IV adamant Dragonite :/)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
One of my friends actually found a shiny Tauros the other day. She was playing SoulSilver and noted that she found a green Tauros and had never seen one of those before, and the rest of us realized that meant it was shiny...being fond of shiny Pokémon as I am, I was pretty excited about it, even though it wasn't mine. It was level 20 and her Pokémon were all nearly 50 so she was about to give up, but I insisted that she had to catch it because of the rarity and whatever, so she just handed the DS to me to catch it for her, lol. I just threw balls at it until it got caught (I was too scared to try and weaken it, and she had no status-inflicting moves), I think it was a Great Ball that finally did it in.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I'm fearing that will happen to me one day; I'm trying to get from Point A to Point B then run into a wild Pokemon that turns out to be a shiny but my Pokemon would be too powerful to weaken it.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I always keep a Grass pokeman on my team for that reason, and many others, like Aromatherapy.

Grass types are so badass.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
That's why I always carry around like 200 Pokeballs, a Pokemon with Damp, and one with Shadow Tag! You never know. I don't actually, but having any one of those things happen to me would be horrible.

Worst I had was shiny Bibarel in Pearl's Safari Zone. It was a Bibarel, but ahhh I can still feel the suspense.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
it's happened to me

thankfully it was like Carnivine in 4th gen or something that got away but 4th gen is dumb so it's k

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Is it true that receiving shiny Pokemon from another region (For say Japan.) you can increased the chances of breeding shiny Pokemon? I know the chances are still very low but better than normal.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
It can be any Pokemon from another region. It does not have to be shiny.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Yeah, any Pokemon from another language game.

yani

Smash Lord
I've yet to find a shiny myself, but my brother got extremely lucky and caught a shiny Rayquaza, which is now in my possession :awesome:. I was shooting for a shiny Charmander in FireRed, but I never got it :glare:

The Director

Smash Lord
Hunting for shiny Pokemon is futile. The best way to find shinies is to play a **** ton of PKMN and hope one crosses your path.

Between Feb. 2010 and Sep. 2011, I played over 800 hours of Pokemon across 5 games (3 generations) and I've caught only 5 legit shiny Pokemon. (this is not including the Shiny Gyarados given to you as part of the story in Soul Silver)

I caught a shiny Rattata and Ursaring and Pineco in Soul Silver, and a shiny Dugtrio and Tangela in Leaf Green. Across my entire playthrough of Fire Red, Platinum and Black, I didn't come across a single one.

The Tangela and Pineco were preferred nature. Lucky me!

PostmortemMessiah

Smash Cadet
I know I found my shinies in the Safari Zone on accident in Platinum... Came across a shiny Ditto, Poliwag, and Sandshrew in one day.

Have never encountered one prior or since. Unfortunately.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
As I said earlier in the thread, in all of my Pokémon playing, I've only ever found two shinies in all of my Pokémon playing since '98, and one was in Gold and the other in LeafGreen.

Well, as I was playing through White tonight in Misralton Cave, I stumbled upon a Boldore with blue crystals and was confused for about five seconds before I realized that I'd finally stumbled upon a random shiny. And I caught it! Not my favorite Pokémon, I could have gone for somebody else, but shiny Gigalith does look pretty awesome. And hell, it's a shiny, I'll take it.

yani

Smash Lord
Never caught a shiny myself, but today my brother caught a shiny Electrike

He also has caught Wurmple, Shuppet, and Rayquayza (got it on 5th attempt)

:phone:

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
I've found way more than I should've

Silver: Weedle
Ruby: Treecko, Spheal, Torchic, Groudon
Sapphire: Poochyena (uncatchable), Rayquaza
Emerald: Spinda, Zubat, Growlithe (uncatchable)
Fire Red: Tentacool, Aerodactyl, Charmander, Articuno, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Poliwhirl
Diamond: Kricketune, Larvitar(chain), Pichu(chain), Beldum(chain)
Platinum: Meowth(chain), Poliwag(hatch)
Heart Gold: Nothing...yet
Soul Silver: Totodile, Spearow, Geodude (dont even have the Fog badge yet)
Black: nothing, got PKRS though
White: Duosion

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wow, I'm jealous of all of you.

I've only caught a shiny Tentacool in Sapphire, but I didn't even know about shiny Pokemon at the time (I was a dumb kid), so I deleted it when I started a new game. I have also seen a shiny Oddish in Emerald, but it was in the Safari Zone and it ran away. :p

yani

Smash Lord
Awesome! I was trying for a shiny Charmander for ages but gave up. My brother is currently going for a shiny Mewtwo in LG

:phone:

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
I feel so left out when I post in this thread because I've never ever ever found a shiny. I've been playing pokemon for 7 years and I've never found one..

BUT, I did get pokerus ONE TIME in Crystal.
Yeah boy!

Top Bottom