• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shiny Hunting

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
So if everyone here isn't against Pokégen, why don't they just use it?

I only don't use it for the sole reason that back when I did battle reguarly on wifi, people would constantly want to inspect my pokémon etc and try to see if they were hacked.

Of course, there is no way to really tell, but people will also take good IVs as a sign of hacking, so it's kinda :(
I just wouldn't want to use it for shinies.
Like because I said before it feels to great to get one when you work for one.Also if you want something you shouldn't mind working for it.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Guess so.

Thing is, the only shinies I really care for are ones with better colour schemes.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
People will still trade you anything for your inverted color scheme derp though.
I like that in BW you get Pokedex entries for them. Doesn't make me want to get them all but it's pretty cool.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
So true, the moment I caught my shiny Roggenrola, Meta Kirby was all up on getting it.

And I was like nawwww boss can't trade this one.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Shinies from 3rd gen:

Oddish
Spinda
Slugma
Koffing
Weezing
2 Gastly (lol)
Ninjask - Shedinja (Nincada was the 1st shiny I caught and I used it)

I don't Shiny Hunt. All those were random encounters and through breeding
Maaaaaan wtf? How do you get like 10 ****ing shinies in one game and I've only ever found 2 shinies, and one of them is already lost because I lost my Sapphire years ago, and the other one sucks as a shiny when it evolves because it suffers from Garchomp Syndrome :mad:

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Can anyone here check the legitimacy of a pogey if I trade it over to you. I don't trust myself to get it right.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
/stalking meta-kirby led me here

The Poke Radar method in case anyone didn't know: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=19695

I've owned Blue, Yellow (and just realized those don't matter because they don't have shinies)
Gold which I played a ton
played through Emerald once on my computer
I own Platinum, HG, and White.

I've never found a random shiny. :(

Cool story though. I heard about the pokeradar method, and after some practice I learned how to do it. I was trying it in platinum and also showed my 10 year old brother how to do it in his Diamond version. He wasn't even doing it right and found a random shiny Buizel anyway. I was pretty mad.

He apparently also got pokerus in his Black version somehow. I've never encountered a random shiny or Pokerus. :/

Anyway, through the chaining method, I've found a few shiny Ralts and Shinx. Wasn't looking for those specific pokemon, but whatever!

Still, I want to encounter a shiny by sheer randomness, but my luck is too bad for that.

M.K

Level 55
Why everyone stalk meeee D: :D D:

TERAN I WANT THAT ROGGENROLA.

Shiny Gigalith looks like it just came from a cavern of crystals.
Lurvz it.

Daddy Ash

Smash Apprentice
I have a shiny roggenrola, my first shiny since Gold, already promised to trade it Nday though :p

M.K

Level 55
Can anyone here check the legitimacy of a pogey if I trade it over to you. I don't trust myself to get it right.
Post ALL the stats here.
Unless it's a poorly hacked Pokemon, however, it'll be hard to tell.

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
holy **** after all my years of playing pokemon i finally ran into a shiny today. It's a golden geodude and I am so happy

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I started a new game in heartgold a week or so ago just to soft reset for a shiny starter whenever I get bored.
I'm sure I've tried hundreds of times by now, no luck yet.
And never will get lucky, knowing me.

ndayday

BRoomer
It's ok Asdioh.
Feel better knowing that some people count how many times they do it.

ndayday

BRoomer
Well yeah I've counted before too for a bit.
But it's like completely unnecessary and makes it even more of a chore.

At least for wild Pokemon your Trainer Card actually keeps tracks of encounters so all you have to do is subtract but still.
I think I'm going to try to reset for fossil Pokemon now

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
The only time I've really shiny hunted was when I started trying the Masuda method.

I didn't find one :C.

I haven't found a legit shiny yet either XD!

At least the masuda method gives a slightly better chance for shinies in B/W... :D

ndayday

BRoomer
Literally just found a shiny Alomomola. <3
11075 random battles

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
My friend traded me a shiny Absol a couple of days ago. It's legit, but I obviously didn't catch it myself. He restarted his game so I got a good chunk of decent Pokemon for a few Igglybuffs, like a Haxorus, the Absol, Thunderus, and a Zoroark (missed the event). This was when I was on around the 7th gym, so I just used the Haxorus to plow through Drayden.

I haven't caught my own shiny since, I believe, either my shiny Zubat or Weedle a year or two ago. I NEED a shiny Bagon though, I loves Bagon for some reason.

Nana Banana

Smash Apprentice
I recently caught a shiny Cottonee, and hatched a shiny Eevee with the Masuda Method. :)

I love shinies, I think I'm going to do Onix next (Masuda as well, and my main goal here is the Steelix) but I don't think I can do that for a while. LOL

Ryos4

Smash Lord
finally got caught my first shiny on an HG nuzlocke and yes it was the first pokemon of the route. It only took me like 1000ish hours of game play between HG/Pearl/White. Sadly enough it was tentacool with a not so great nature. Oh well.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Could have sworn I ran into a shiny in G/S/C (aside from the Gyrados) but I think that's it. I can't remember what it was, it's been like 10 years ago now. lol

Although recently in FireRed, I was playing the Battle Tower and one of the trainers there had a shiny Pokemon. That is complete trolling. Figures when a shiny would finally show up for me it would be where I can't catch it. T_T

Nesu

Smash Rookie
I never seen that infamous Shiny Espeon at Battle Tower in Fire Red..probably because I didn't care much about Battle Tower then.

I haven't used any methods to get a Shiny except for PR Chaining for a Shiny Buneary in Diamond, and SRing. But with SRing, I was trying to get a Giratina with a good nature and IVs, but I accidentally skipped on a good one and eventually Giratina popped up Shiny in my Platinum. It's Bashful though. Fail/Win..I haven't caught a Shiny in White yet though.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I started a new game in heartgold a week or so ago just to soft reset for a shiny starter whenever I get bored.
I'm sure I've tried hundreds of times by now, no luck yet.
And never will get lucky, knowing me.
yeah it's been over a month and still nothing.

Though I only soft reset when I have nothing else to do,
like when I'm in the bathroom

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
Now I feel bad, I have a ton of shinies I found. No poke-radar or anything, they're all just luck.
Gloom, Venonat, Sandslash, Golem, Murkrow, Ratticate (x2) and Volbeat. This is not including the shiny Seviper and Gliscor I got off wi-fi. I have found a shiny in every Pokemon game cartridge I own (3rd gen on) except 5th gen so far.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
found a shiny butterfree once in the bug catching contest (HG). I only had 2 balls left (****ing scyther took 18+ balls to catch at 1 hp :/). ANYWAY, my parasect had the thing poisoned, HP slowly depleting, and when it had finlly gotten low enough, the next turn I was going to throw my ball, it decides to whirlwind. T____T

what kind of cruel designer lets shinies have moves like that? I just felt so cheated...

asianaussie

Smash Hero
shiny kangaskhan in the safari zone (frlg)

i didn't even bother :|

did get a shiny nidoran from the safari a couple days later

best week ever

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Outside of Red Gyarados and the event shinies, I never had a random encounter one until I found a shiny Tympole on Black this year. A few months later I found a shiny Cofagrigus on the same file. I caught both of them, but I was stressed over the fact that Cofagrigus might KO itself with Curse.

Just last month while soft resetting for a Modest Giratina using the Arceus event on HG, I got a Shiny Naive one. I definitely kept it.

I never bothered with RNG or Masuda Method.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
OH

THIS THREAD

Two days ago I caught a mother****ing Shiny Zubat

**** YEAH

Top Bottom