• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shield Glitch? (Video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
Weird. I was playing a lvl 9 Dedede, and this happens. I ftilt, and he shields. I'm pretty sure he drops his shield, and then he gets pushed back, and I take 3% damage.

If you pause around 0:22, you can see that DDD shield grabs, and is in range, but he takes knockback, and I take damage and barely any knockback. :confused:

Any ideas?

LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lmqngXTrEs

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
He grabbed while being pushed off the edge. That's what happens if somebody grabs and then there is no longer any ground below them.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
He grabbed while being pushed off the edge. That's what happens if somebody grabs and then there is no longer any ground below them.
So, a shield push then? But where did the 4% damage come from?

XienZo

Smash Lord
The game somehow deals damage during some instant grab breaks. Its been happening a lot for me with Olimar recently, and it happens more when they break by attacking, since Olimar doesn't have grab armor.

J4pu

Smash Champion
it always happens when lack of ground forces a grab break
you Ftilt his shield, he started sliding away, he grabbed you, he slid off edge, caused forced grab break, you took 3 damage.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
A DeDeDe pummel makes 3% not 4% and also it doesn't comes out that fast like in the video.

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
This has happened to me several times. It only happens when there is no longer any ground beneath you when you grab.

Volts

Smash Cadet
Ok it looks like, and this is just a theory, the DeDeDe perfect shields your attack it reflects on you. That's my only explanation other then it being some random glitch.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...yeah, it probably was instant grab break. But the weird part was that when I took damage there's a big ol' electrical spark that seemingly separates the two along with that "magical" sound that DDD definitely doesn't make..

Oh, and about the damage typo, I was in such a rush to post it, I couldn't subtracted correctly. :psycho:

UncleSam

Smash Master
Ok it looks like, and this is just a theory, the DeDeDe perfect shields your attack it reflects on you. That's my only explanation other then it being some random glitch.
I don't think that's it It used to be similar to that, in melee powershielding a projectile bounces it back but they even took that out, and I don't think you can bounce back a close range attack nice guess tho. I think this has happened to me before, when I dashgrab someone on the edge as MK i end up sliding off the stage releasing them and dealing damage, Grab release damage possibly?

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
That glitch is the same as the one that occurs when Pokemon Stadium is transforming and someone's in someone else's grab, nothing new. That's just what the game does when the grabber is pushed into the air. In the vid, Dedede was pushed back a little when Zelda's ftilt hit, and fell off the stage, causing the grab to break.

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman
i think that after the sheld was hit ddd slid off the edge and zelda gave ddd 3% damage. but really, is 3% damage ever gonna be the factor to winning or losing...

Wylde

Smash Cadet
If it was a reflected attack then pits shield would reflect it as well {Lucarios side b is reflected by it lmao}

Pummel animation was canceled by the jump release.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Yeah Actually you can Powershield reflect projectiles
But this is the instant grab break so he couldnt have started pummeling
The instant grab break is where the grabber leaves the stage for some reason other than getting hit (previous situations mentioned: PS changing forms, you slide of stage)
In this case, he shieldgrabbed you after you Ftilted his shield. Your Ftilt pushed him back just enough so that right when he grabbed you, he slid of the stage and did the instant grab break. You take damage when this happens too explaing the 3%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom