• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shiek Confirmed... to be a girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
shut up sonic man...

in OoT sheik is reffered to as a man because zelda disguises herself as a man...
in OoT the characters talk with dialoges...
so logically... everyone thinks sheik is a man
but FFS... everyone (even nintendo) says Sheik also is a girl, Zelda did NOT change the gender...
It's all Nintendo's fault! Their twisted creation that is Zelda! Blame them!

peach-man

Smash Journeyman
The sweet, sweet land of sweet, sweet, chocolate,
Great post, I agree. Speaking of which- Do game designers ever wonder what kind of arguements they spark up when they do something like this?
They do these thing on purpose, I guess. They just like to see us argue about things that only the designers can know, so that they can feel like God for that little moment in their otherly miserable life... I really think so.

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
I thought everyone knew this after playing OOT. It's not something you can really debate on since the answer was already given to us long ago.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Great post, I agree. Speaking of which- Do game designers ever wonder what kind of arguements they spark up when they do something like this?
Thank you for the compliment. And no, I don't think designers realize. I think they give gamers enough credit for not don't needing these things spelled out. Unfortunately, this is not always a safe assumption.

I thought everyone knew this after playing OOT. It's not something you can really debate on since the answer was already given to us long ago.
Clearly you have not met some of the Sheik fans out there. :p

Nosferatu

Smash Rookie
]You guys are ********

Smash Bros. isn't considered to be a canon source
for factual information concerning Sheik's gender

in the game, Princess Ruto even refers to Sheik as a "him"

Plus, if Zelda can use the Triforce of Wisdom to change her hair length, eye color, and skin tone,
whynot make herself a male?

It would only make sense, seeing as the only reason she's in disguise is to hide from Ganondorf

and Zelda in a costume, doesnt sound like much of a disguise from the freaking Prince of Gerudos
xP

Last tid-bit, is that Sheik has the body structure of a dude
if you look at the females form and the males form, and compare them to Sheik's
You can CLEARLY see its a male

Breasts wouldnt squish and flare out the way they do on his body
=/

Nosferatu

Smash Rookie
]You guys are ********

Smash Bros. isn't considered to be a canon source
for factual information concerning Sheik's gender

in Ocarina of Time, Princess Ruto even refers to Sheik as a "him"

Plus, if Zelda can use the Triforce of Wisdom to change her hair length, eye color, and skin tone,
whynot make herself a male?

It would only make sense, seeing as the only reason she's in disguise is to hide from Ganondorf

and Zelda in a costume, doesnt sound like much of a disguise from the freaking Prince of Gerudos
xP

Last tid-bit, is that Sheik has the body structure of a dude
if you look at the females form and the males form, and compare them to Sheik's
You can CLEARLY see its a male

Breasts wouldnt squish and flare out the way they do on his body
=/

tshahi10

Smash Ace
in only a couple years....she must have one super set of hormones to accomplish this feat[/QUOTE]

look at the pic your self. beneath the eye cloth, she wears bandages around her brests. they look round, and bulges a bit if it were tight

maybe ruto didn't know that sheik was a guy

she refers to sheik as a guy, then later she says she felt the presence of zelda was still alive. she probably saw sheik, but was deceived by appearance.

ssbb is not canon. but seriously, miyamoto must have said something after melee said she was a girl. and brawl.

also, go play ocarina of time.
when you first turn into older link, sheik appears and stays in front of the maste sword holder thingy. walk behind and infront and side-to-side of her and compare with link. their bodies are different comparible to a man and a women.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Aren't the Sheikah tribe supposed to be consisted of females? Just like the Gerudo - well, except for the occasional male that comes along every century or so (a long time).

BTW, I agree with Tshahi10. Sheik can definitely wear bandages to wrap around her torso tightly, although it may be rather difficult. Besides, Princess Ruto could have mixed Sheik's gender up. Sheik probably didn't stay very long.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I really don' see the problem with Zelda wrapping bandages around her breasts.
Zelda never really has had large breast, so it wouldn't be much of an effort for her to conceal them.

The rAt

Smash Ace
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend Sheik.

I'm just saying does anybody really know? For all we know he/she/it could be.

And btw Sheik hasn't done anything to me (besides utterly destroy my pika since I started playing Melee :()
It's okay, Sheik doesn't exist (even in the greater context of the Zelda Universe). She's just Zelda, dressed up like a dude. Hence how we know she's a girl. :p

The whole point, which I have yet to see anyone contradict since the release of OoT, is that we have no logical reason to suspect that Sheik is a dude. Simply because someone can create an incredibly unnecessary and contrived explanation for how Zelda could SUPPOSEDLY accomplish this, does not make it in any way likely. See ALL of my previous posts in this topic for why this is true.

On a side note, as a Pika user myself, I can relate to that. I have great hope that the almighty rAt (Pikachu to the uninitiated) will make his long-awaited return to glory with the coming of Brawl, so as to smite his enemies with tiny fists of pure doom. But who knows. :cool:

True Fool

Smash Ace
This thread caused my palm to connect to my face on multiple occasions. I'm on the side who say that Sheik is a female.

This however did not make me palm my face. I quote this mostly to thank the person who posted it. Thanks AdmantNESS, I enjoyed the laugh.

EDIT: Oops, I didn't notice how old this thread was while I was going through the pages. Sorry for bumping.

The rAt

Smash Ace
I think it is meant to be either or. If you really want it to be a girl go for it, i think it can go either way though.
I think the opinion of the viewer/player is completely irrelevant to the facts of the situation. :p

Honestly, I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked at this point. As of yet, nobody has made a single coherent arguement for Sheik being male beyond their desire for it to be so, and circumstantial information which has been addressed, refuted, stomped on, brutally murdered with a sharp stick, resurrected, killed again, then taken out for dinner and stuck with the bill.

Then again, by stating the obvious and occasionally poking fun at people, I'm probably not helping things very much. Of course, it would be easier to add to the debate if people would actually respond to the points that have been made (specifically the many MANY points which explain in detail why Sheik is, in fact, a woman), instead of making their claims without any particular explanation or proof. Oh, well. :lick:

El Frosty

Smash Rookie
the whole transgender issue seems to revolve around two lines of text, and the distinct lack of certain anotomical differentials. ok.. boobs, i said it :-p

firstly, its a game translated from japanese, which is a much easier language to avoid using gender-specific pronouns. often when referring to someone else in an english covosation, it is almost impossible to avoid using the words "he, she, him or her". thus a lot of the text referring to shiek had the gender pronouns added in during translation.

secondly, were talking about polygonal models here people. it simply wasnt possible to greatly detail the models shape as it is today. the very act of polygonal modelling resulted in many anomolys, and it is greatly possible that shieks alleged package was a result of that, as well as the fact that ladies chest areas were either pointy and huge or flat. (tifa, origonal lara croft, ruto examples of the former)

thirdly, my favorite argument

Zelda in OoT is flat as a board (result of point 2) hence it was much more easier for her to disguese aspects of her feminity, however as has already been pointed out, TP Zelda (a different person time-line wise) is considerably more "developed" than her OoT couterpart. therfor, it is harder for her to disguse her assets, and thus doesnt bother. (simply put, zelda now has boobies, so shiek now has em)

</decentIntoVulgarity>

Arigon

Smash Apprentice
For those of you that have played ocarian of time you would know that zelda uses her magic to change tone of her skin her color/length and all other aspects of her body. I think this makes her a girl but who knows maybe she could use magic to grow a di*k hmm?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
For those of you that have played ocarian of time you would know that zelda uses her magic to change tone of her skin her color/length and all other aspects of her body. I think this makes her a girl but who knows maybe she could use magic to grow a di*k hmm?
Why WOULD she though? Her identity is concealed enough as it is. Magically giving herself a sex change is absurd when the skin, eyes and hair are all enough to convince people she's not Zelda.

Iris

Smash Ace
Figure 1:

Zelda's breasts while not in disguise aren't particularly large or unconcealable in the official art.

Figure 2:

Note the round-ish pectorals and sloping crotch. Not exactly masculine physical traits. I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't give Sheik a killer bulge, but they wouldn't make the crotch so androgynous. Also note the wrappings underneath the cloth covering her chest. Pretty unnecessary garb if you weren't using it to hide something, as it does exact opposite of lift and separate.

Figure 3:

Compare that body structure to this one:

With Link, the chest is clearly broader and the legs thicker. Sheik's body is more narrow.

Finally, figure 4:

If you think Sheik's body is too muscular to be female, take a glance at Impa and her enormous shoulder muscles.

Remember, SSBM may not be canon, but they can not slander the creations of other people. That's why Zelda isn't a pagan devil-worshipper and Ganondorf doesn't **** children.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry but anybody who actually play Ocarina of Time knows that Sheik isn't a guy and even those who didn't and played melee should understand that. Why would Zelda have the ability to transform into a completely different person (gender-wise) . I'm pretty sure any arguement about sheik being a male will be shut down by the fact that Zelda is Sheik and Zelda also happens to be a girl.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I've yet to understand all this "Sheik is a guy" thing... Sheik IS Zelda >_< I mean, how can she possibly be a guy?

Luthien

Smash Ace
If you think Sheik's body is too muscular to be female, take a glance at Impa and her enormous shoulder muscles.

Remember, SSBM may not be canon, but they can not slander the creations of other people. That's why Zelda isn't a pagan devil-worshipper and Ganondorf doesn't **** children.
I loved reading this post. Thank you, Iris.

Oh, and to re-refute the ONLY viable piece of "evidence" that some people seem to cling to, I'm going to quote this again, just in case anyone missed it.

First of all, as much as this thread seems destined to descend into vulgarity, I applaud its creator for attempting to end a longstanding and completely ridiculous debate.

Secondly, the entire arguement for Sheik supposedly being male is based on ONE single, in-game quote. When you encounter Ruto as an "adult" (is 17 really an adult?) in OoT, she explains why she isn't frozen like the rest of the Zoras; she was saved by a Sheikah, refered to as male. However, it is important to note two things about this; 1) This is the first time Ruto met Sheik, and from Sheik's previous behavior we can infer that it probably consisted of Sheik helping Ruto out, then disappearing before any questions can be asked about who she is (like she does with Link) and 2) It wouldn't be a very convincing disguise if Ruto, who isn't the brightest star in the sky, didn't fall for it. Sheik is SUPPOSED to look like a dude. The other characters are SUPPOSED to think she's a dude. Why? Because, contrary to what some people would have us believe, gamers aren't stupid. If Zelda disguised herself as a Sheikah GIRL, any idiot in their right mind would have put two and two together the first time she showed up. So Nintendo disguised her as a guy, which takes neither no ammount of magic or surgery, just watch movies like Some Like It Hot or She's the Man or any number of other movies.

And while some people regard Sheik's appearances in the Smash Bros. series non-cannon, her classic trophy from Melee (which refers to her as female) IS cannon, by virtue of the fact that its sole purpose is to breifly summarize Sheik's cannonical history.

Ladies and gentlemen, Sheik is no longer a potato.
The rAt, this thread would be nothing without you. *Bows*

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
seeing as nobody has posted here in a while hopefully every person out there realizes that sheik is without a doubt a girl. Anybody who would still like to argue please stop and think before you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom