• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shiek Confirmed... to be a girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoG

Smash Journeyman
I knew it all along. I believe no one picked this detail up, if someone did, just flame me and get on with your lives.
One the dojo, it says:
"Sheik doesn’t appear in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, but we based her model on a design that was drafted up during the development of that game."

It says HER model, right there.

not to mention, Zelda is a girl. it would only make sense.

Case closed.

Kips

Smash Ace
So Sheik is a sexual deviant that somehow manages to make her way to the top of the tier list. Makes plenty of sense to me. I wonder if her taunt will involve that harp she was playing in the SSBM opening video.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I would wonder that also , it is quite clear sheik is female if you have ever played OoT. :Spoiler: Zelda takes the Sheik costume off...

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Why is this "news" to everyone!?

Sheik's trophy in Melee said she was a girl (6 years ago people. Whaddyou know?)

Although it's not just a simple disguise, her eye and skin colours change, it's Sheikah magic, Sheik is a woman disguised as a man.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Fluctuating breast size? Maybe Zelda isn't the princess of Hyrule after all. Maybe she is the princess of pop, Britney Spears.

h3gi

Smash Rookie
Keep in mind this is non-canonical. Meaning, this is Super Smash Bros. and not an official Zelda game. The game universes are different. What's said to be fact in one universe cannot be carried over to the next.

Besides, the omniscient Wikipedia says so, so it must be true!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Zelda#Sheik

Edit: ...I did notice the boobs though. This was strange to me because Sheik definitely had a man's body in Melee. Maybe not a masculine, but it definitely should have belonged to a guy.

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
Keep in mind this is non-canonical. Meaning, this is Super Smash Bros. and not an official Zelda game. The game universes are different. What's said to be fact in one universe cannot be carried over to the next.

Besides, the omniscient Wikipedia says so, so it must be true!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Zelda#Sheik

Edit: ...I did notice the boobs though. This was strange to me because Sheik definitely had a man's body in Melee. Maybe not a masculine, but it definitely should have belonged to a guy.
sheik used magic to look like she had more build this is known if you read the cannon manga. as for her breast in oot she bound them and obviously she did not do that in her new design intended for twilight princess. as for her voice she just talked with a deeper voice and as for her eyes and skin she used magic. i think its mentioned some where that impa helped zelda become sheik ( impa might of trained zelda in the way of the sheikah).

ryukotsusei

Smash Rookie
Why is this "news" to everyone!?

Sheik's trophy in Melee said she was a girl (6 years ago people. Whaddyou know?)

Although it's not just a simple disguise, her eye and skin colours change, it's Sheikah magic, Sheik is a woman disguised as a man.
But Zelda did a pretty good job I mean her shoulders are like twice as wide and the voice.
I'm soooooooooo confusamabobbed:confused::urg::psycho:

G-X

Smash Apprentice
I said it before, I'll say it again.

Shiek = Male.
Zelda = Female.
Therefore,
Zelda-disguised-as-Shiek = Female.

Q.E.D.

EDIT: From now on, Shiek's boobs will be known as sh00bs.

ryukotsusei

Smash Rookie
I said it before, I'll say it again.

Shiek = Male.
Zelda = Female.
Therefore,
Zelda-disguised-as-Shiek = Female.

Q.E.D.

EDIT: From now on, Shiek's boobs will be known as sh00bs.
lol sheiks "sh00bs" aren't even half as prominent in SSBM and OoT as they are in Brawl :p

Sinn

Smash Lord
Alright people, I think that this is the do all end all question:

The Brawl incarnation of Sheik is almost 100% certainly a woman. In all fairness, we haven't gotten any REALLY clear crotch shots yet, and as the muse in Dogma stated, what traditionally defines a woman is between her legs. But on that subject, I'm sure you all remember zooming in on Sheik during pause screens and the character art from OoT. There was a VERY noticeable bulge in the groin area. You know what I mean. So the big question I present to you is this:

If a woman uses magic to disguise herself and, in the process, GIVES HERSELF A P.E.N.I.S., is that still considered a woman?

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to clear this up once and for all.

In OoT, Sheik was stated to be a guy (I don't remember where), and examining his character model made it very clear, as well.

Remember that the Sheik in Brawl is NOT the same Sheik in Melee, which was the one in OoT. The Zelda in Twilight Princess is not the same Zelda in OoT: the former is a decendant of the latter. Furthermore, Sakurai said that Sheik's new character model was designed for TP, but we all know that Sheik doesn't appear in TP, so they obviously must have removed the character during development (likely to avoid making TP too similar to OoT). However, we now know that they must have intended for Sheik to appear in TP as a female. Hence, the Brawl / Twilight Princess Sheik is female and the Melee / OoT Sheik is male.

So, that leaves the question of what Sheik's true gender is. There are a number of valid arguments for this.

1. "Sheik's only non-cameo appearance (since everybody in Smash games except Master Hand and his minions are technically cameos) was in OoT, wherein he was a male. So, until he appears in another Zelda game with a changed gender, he's still a male."

2. "Sheik WAS a male, but Nintendo changed their minds, and his gender, during TP's development. Just because the character was removed doesn't mean their decisions about her don't stand. So, Sheik WAS a male, but is now a female."

3. "TP Sheik shouldn't count for the character's gender status because TP Sheik was removed during development. If it wasn't for Sakurai we would probably never have known Sheik was ever going to be in TP. So, Sheik is a male because the OoT Sheik is male."

4. "Sheik is a magically created alter ego anyway. Zelda is the original form, and it's still her mind even if the body changes, so it's her gender that should matter, not Sheik's. Thus, Sheik is a female."

Personally, I stand by argument #2. And let's face it, it removes a lot of confusion to simply have Sheik be female and leave it alone.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I think I get you...the same argument that people were using against TP Zelda having a Sheik transformation at all is the same argument that works for the gender issue. Since TP Zelda and OoT Zelda aren't the same person, TP Zelda could, for all we know, be using a slightly different, more feminine transformation than OoT Zelda did.

Bravo, good show.

One game, many Zeldas. And now apparently, one game, many Sheiks. Well, at least two.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Smash Bros Sheik, for sure, is female. She was called Female in Melee, and now in Brawl. In OoT her real gender is never revealed, people just assume (quite rightly) from her appearance that she's male.

Arguably the manga isnt canonicle, after all, Link makes friends with Volvagia, and that doesn't happen in the game, it's a manga adaption, a sort of retelling, it doesn't tell the game again word for word, so we can't take the manga's word on Sheik.

We will probably never know what gender Sheik is in OoT, unless a Nintendo official is interviewed about it. Sheik is based on a man, and is meant to be a disguise to make her appear as a man, but in OoT, is Sheik ACTUALLY a man? Or a very clever disguise? This I don't think we will answer for a long time, if ever.

But we can know for sure that Sheik is a woman in the Smash Bros series.

Smash Bros Sheik = Woman
OoT Sheik = ???
TP Sheik = ??? (Although most probably a woman)

Remember, TP Sheik =/=Smash Bros Sheik.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
come on...
there is the melee trophy, the dojo update, the pony tail(which hints on her being zelda with man clothes and some magic), the female roundings xD, ...
only because they couldnt do boobs in N64 graficks doesnt mean she´s a guy!!

Bozen

Smash Apprentice
I still don't understand why people even question that Sheik is a girl....

Zelda = female
Sheik = Zelda

Thus we can safely conclude that Sheik = female by a transitive relation.

Bozen

Smash Apprentice
sheik = your mom bozen
First off are you 12 or something... I think my mom could come up with a better insult than that.

Second I'm just trying to point out how stupid this debate is. Anyone who has ever played OoT to near the end knows that Sheik is Zelda. If Zelda and Sheik are the same person how in the world could Sheik be a boy and Zelda be a girl? People can be both but only at the same time not separetly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom