• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sHell's Wario Guide*UPDATED*AUG17 More Matchup changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Some fun aerial things with Wario:

1) It is possible to double jump after a SH dair. You have to have immaculate timing to pull this off. I don't know the specifics but it seems like it's only possible if you hit them with some of the dair hitboxes, not all of them. It's also possible if you whiff the dair or miss on purpose. So you could do SH dair double jump dair. It's pretty sweet.

2) It is also possible to double jump after a SH nair. This is easier to pull off than the dair one, and seems to have more applications. My most common use it to use it almost like Jiggly's WOP. SH fair, double jump fair, fair. That's my usual approach. Or replace that last fair with an nair. I suggest nair because it has less landing lag >.>
1) Yes, it's possible, and should be possible even after connecting, but it's just harder to time. As near as I can tell, the timing must be frame perfect. Not especially practical, but I guess someone could master it. It's a good thing to know none-the-less.

2) I think you mean SH F-Air to double jump. I've never been able to do it from N-Air (you seem to have a typo in your first sentence on point #2).

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
I think I found another mindgame for Wario. Everyone knows that for like 10-20 seconds right away wario can't do any damage with the waft, and just poots something out. Well, I was screwing around the other day and found out that when in close proximity to others as you poot, you make them fall down. I think I said this before... but just for comical purposes.

Well, this evening I found a use for such a comical maneuver. Performed at the edge as someone is ledge hogging, it makes them fall down. Just as simple as that, it forces them to let go of the ledge - i think I caught my friend off guard with it that he didn't have time to react and jump back up.

Pretty situational, but I think if the opportunity comes up it'd be funny to do so and give their mind a spin. 8-)

Darth Wedel

Smash Apprentice
wario is the coolest :D. im not even gonna play with any other character until i master wario.
Coloured/bolded/underlined/italicised/expanded important word. There is *no* mastering in smash. There is no perfection. Why is smash one of the most successful series in beat-em-up history? Because you can't perfect it.

No one can.

Chronic Canuck

Smash Rookie
Coloured/bolded/underlined/italicised/expanded important word. There is *no* mastering in smash. There is no perfection. Why is smash one of the most successful series in beat-em-up history? Because you can't perfect it.

No one can.

Well i guess i exaggerated a bit. I Never meant for it to be taken so seriously lol. By "master" I meant just get very good. No big deal.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser

No one can.
You need to play m2k lol

But on topic, good matches Blue shell. I saw you using the motorcycle occasionally, it might be me but I can't stand using it. I only use it vs projectile spammers at times. But I shouldn't really question that, you surely are one of the best warios out there.

Us keep missing wario wafts ftl xD

Rocann

Smash Lord
Andy(me) vs. Blueshell

Andy (Olimar) v. sHELL (Wario) Final Destination 1 -- DUMB first stock
http://files.filefront.com/blueshell+1avi/;9890586;/fileinfo.html

Andy (Olimar) v. sHELL (Wario) Battlefield 1 (starts a little late)
http://files.filefront.com/Andy+Olimar+v+sHELL+Wari2avi/;9891487;/fileinfo.html

Andy (Olimar) v. sHELL (Wario) Smashville (starts a little late)
http://files.filefront.com/Andy+Olimar+v+sHELL+Wari5avi/;9896836;/fileinfo.html

Andy (Olimar) v. sHELL (Wario) Yoshi's Island
http://files.filefront.com/Andy+Olimar+v+sHELL+Wari6avi/;9896583;/fileinfo.html

Andy (Olimar) v. sHELL (Wario) Final Destination 2
http://files.filefront.com/Andy+Olimar+v+sHELL+Wari3avi/;9896043;/fileinfo.html

Andy (Olimar) v. sHELL (Wario) Battlefield 2
http://files.filefront.com/Andy+Olimar+v+sHELL+Wari4avi/;9896265;/fileinfo.html

Tairant

Smash Rookie
Does anybody know the exact timing to get no-flinch frames on Wario's f-smash? It seems like a solid and unexpected way to land it, but I've been having trouble finding the timing for it.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Theres so much super armor that I can't even tell. Its right before he lunges foward. Just start your fsmash early and experiment from there. If someone is charging towards me, I just fsmash when there about a wario's length away.

BEHR

Smash Hero
I have a question.

Does Warios Dair Spike?

Well I use it over the edge I notice it sends you down a bit but since he keeps spinning he hits them again which stops them from going down.

Yuh I just noticed that one day and wanted to give you my thoughts. <.<

solecalibur

Smash Master
also a quick note warrios plain b attack will open his jaw and he can eat stuff
he will eat just about everything i tested (but the smash ball) he even eats his bike (a good way for your bike not to lay around)
Go Wario!
and i do hope not many people use him as I dont want to be known as a teir

rollintless

Smash Rookie
if youre playing against a snake that leaves grenades everywhere....
eating the nade in front of him will create a decent knockback against snake while wario takes the damage but remains in place.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE SOMETHlNG ABOUT WARIO

WHEN WARIO WADDLES ACROSS THE STAGE, THIS WEIRD WICKED WACKY WILD MAN WORKS HIS WEARY OPPONENTS WITHOUT WORRYING WHILE WAGGING HIS WIDE REAR END AND WARIO-WAFTING FROM WHEELING, WEST VIRGINIA TO WALLA WALLA, WASHINGTON.

I GUARANTEE IT.

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
Blatant/Shameless self promotion:

http://gamebattles.com/wii/smash-bros/ladder/singles/standings

Ranked 8th in MLG's first ever brawl ladder, only using Wario.

Oddly enough, even the top ranked Marths aren't giving me TOO much problems. I've come to realize that SHADing as Wario almost makes the match up with Marth pretty darn evenly matched. Metaknights(to my surprise) are the characters I've had the most trouble against due to the fact that its just so hard to punish his mistakes.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Yeah I've been glide tossing my tires whenever I get the chance. Not every char can glide toss though. Peach can glide toss her turnips and ROB can glide toss his gyros.

And if I ever manage to get hold of an opponent's item, I'll glide toss those too (If I don't eat them first lol)

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
Gah, I forgot to add Bair, the Throws, and different fart effects, I'll add them after my exam =3. I'll compress the costumes for you, it fairly long hahah. And you should remove the new paragraph for the AA combo, so they are side to side.

"7. Directly after dash attacking, Wario could cancel his dash attack with an Upsmash on the C-stick. The window to do this is really small and even at 0% only the first couple of hits in Wario's Upsmash land so it's not too useful at all, but it could be used for mindgames and shieldpressure."

You should mention Wario's boost smash and its combos somewhere in the guide =). The guide is looking great.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I came up with a pretty sweet Wario tech...uploading the video to Youtube right now.

It's been uploading for 15 mins, it probably won't work this time. Yep, Youtube is just awesome >__>

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
Guys I really can't thank you enough for all the help. On the guide and Wario in general.

This whole wario forum just started off just composed of me War' and Deff(and only I had the game of those 3) helping the Wario players out there. But now we have so many people finding new things out and helping the community out.

It's pretty delicious actually.

Actually

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
New Wario Tech: Stage-Canceled Aerials

Not sure what to call it, but here's a Wario tech I found while messing around in Training Mode. Because Wario is so mobile in the air, he can run off the stage and then DI back onto the stage. During that split second he's in the air, you can perform an aerial very quickly. It only works with uair and fair...nair might work but I think it's humanly impossible to do lol. Currently working on ways to use this in battle =)

You can also teeter on the edge and then do this. It seems to only work by initial dashing off the stage, whenever I'm on a full run he just edgehogs. This can be done anywhere you can't pass through from underneath. So this is not possible on Halberd for example.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6JEXIE3dCjw

Discussion here:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=161313

Thought I might add this :)

dinhotheone

Smash Apprentice
i love wario's bike, especially online against spamming wolves pits falcos and the like. i dont think ive seen anyone do this anywhere else, but often when im hit and coming down, with someone rushing blidly to try to follow up, i use the bike about warios height off the ground, and i land revving the engine and just plow intot he people. it doesnt do teh jump thing if during the falling animation (before the jumping part) of the bike, you reach the ground, it also seems to have faster startup. when people start spamming i usually shorthop into bike as well, it seems to get me where im going quicker. anyway nice guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom