• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sHell's Wario Guide*UPDATED*AUG17 More Matchup changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

3GOD

Smash Ace
I noticed that you have mentioned doing SH Air-Dodge to double-jump, but I've never been able to double jump out of a SH Air Dodge. Based the recordings I've done, Wario's SH is airborne for 38 frames, while his Air Dodge takes 40 frames.

I prefer full-jump Fair or Dair to fast-fall air-dodge as a way to get inside the range of certain characters. Or if they like to stay in shield a lot, just use Bite from the air.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
I woudl like to thank the ones that wrote this wonderful guide.

Wario is such a great character.

I was blind from the truth, and now can see!

Or something like that. I was never good with the dramatics.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if this is known, I only just started playing Wario after my friend whooped me with him, but if you don't fast fall a short hopped b-air, there is no landing land. I've seen so many Wario's punished for fastfalling, I just thought I would point this out.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Yeah it's possible with ALL of Wario's aerials, and it's awesome. Auto-canceled aerials. They're a major part of Wario's game.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Oh, ok. It's just that in the description for b-air, it said it has some landing lag. I suppose I just misinterpreted it.

Sweet sig, by the way.

Edit: Is the b-air really auto-canceled? With his n-air, you do it just before he lands, and it cancels the rest of the move. But with the b-air, the whole move is completed before he lands.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Thought you might like to know this info for your guide...took a while to test it thoroughly:

Fsmash - Super Armor on frames 8-10 (move hits on frame 9 - 11?)
Fully Charged Waft - Super Armor on frames 5-10 (move hits on frame 9 - ???)

Wario's Fsmash is awesome...kind of like Wario's old purple car from Mario Kart.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
so, i almost won against a pit in delfino during a recent tourney.
but you know, you get those nerves....
and... so..... for my last stock i motorcycled off the stage on accident. :/

and then, 2nd round i lost to the same guy's kirby.
both really close, i just couldn't pull it out.

been playing jiggs too much. :/

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Your a great Wario player but... You gotta half Waft more often. It kills better (no joke) While the max does more damage, it doesn't kill as well, and people KNOW your charged. The half waft is more powerful in terms of knockback.

Here is a way to instantly kill anyone using the Wario Waft.
(HALF CHARGE, Max will kill you if you do this)
Send the opponent in the air using many of Wario's ground moves
(forward throw, running attack, AA combo, and down tilt) In the air, chase them and use your uair (this works well when they can easily die by the attack, when they're at 100, they will be prone to using the the air dodge) When they air dodge your attack, fart on them.
Use Wario insane air movement to get close to them and fart.

Thats it. They will die ALWAYS die using this technique unless they.
A. Using a down air attack that it's multiple times with amazing priority (Lucas Dair)
B. Use insane air movement as well (not jiggs, she's really light, more like Game and Watch)

Remember the Half Waft>Max Waft.

* Half waft charges at 55 secs.
* Max takes 2 minutes
* Half Waft has more knockback=kill at 70% or 40% at the edge
*Max Waft has less knockback=kills at 130%
*Half Waft won't get yourself killed, Max will kill you.

Therefore use it in this manner, and I can guarantee! You will get better.

FREZ

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, whenever I play in a with anyone match I try using the half waft because you have a chance to get 2 KO's from it because they are only 2 minute matches.

Loyal2NES

Smash Rookie
Is there any advantage to eating projectiles over shielding or air dodging? From what I hear, he can eat all non-energy-based projectiles, and explosive projectiles give him 6% damage when he does this, but I can't really see any point to it. Does he regain health or charge up his fart faster?
Actually, that's an interesting thing there - Eating a bomb does do damage to him, but that's not all - It's also an attack with pretty decent knockback, killing a Toon Link at 89%. I discovered this by accident while messing around with CPUs... saved a replay, but I lack any sort of recording equipment.

Is there anyone who could do the honors that I could send it to?

....Oh, and Wario Forever!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's about time you updated this! So many videos of Futile on the net, almost none of you :( You guys and Paxz are my inspiration, heh.

EDIT: You misnamed the second of the three new matches, shell. Second round the guy went Ike.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Fully charged Waft does 42 dmg and is good if you need to rack up dmg fast. But really a waft just below fully charged has ALOT more kill power.
Wow. Do you mean that it's got more killing "power" as in, "potential", because people don't see it coming, or does it really knock people farther?

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
Your a great Wario player but... You gotta half Waft more often. It kills better (no joke) While the max does more damage, it doesn't kill as well, and people KNOW your charged. The half waft is more powerful in terms of knockback.

Here is a way to instantly kill anyone using the Wario Waft.
(HALF CHARGE, Max will kill you if you do this)
Send the opponent in the air using many of Wario's ground moves
(forward throw, running attack, AA combo, and down tilt) In the air, chase them and use your uair (this works well when they can easily die by the attack, when they're at 100, they will be prone to using the the air dodge) When they air dodge your attack, fart on them.
Use Wario insane air movement to get close to them and fart.

Thats it. They will die ALWAYS die using this technique unless they.
A. Using a down air attack that it's multiple times with amazing priority (Lucas Dair)
B. Use insane air movement as well (not jiggs, she's really light, more like Game and Watch)

Remember the Half Waft>Max Waft.

* Half waft charges at 55 secs.
* Max takes 2 minutes
* Half Waft has more knockback=kill at 70% or 40% at the edge
*Max Waft has less knockback=kills at 130%
*Half Waft won't get yourself killed, Max will kill you.

Therefore use it in this manner, and I can guarantee! You will get better.
Yeah, I noticed that too. Not to mention that a half-waft isn't as notcieable as a full-waft (i.e. the opponent knows when it's fully charged, they won't necessarily keep tabs on a half).

Wario = intense satisfaction. People never see it coming.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Hey BlueShell, I was looking around on the wario boards and found this. You might wanna ask to see if you can use it, but its a pretty informative list you could add if you want (About wario's eating ability)

Here we go, includes both regular items and items spawned by other characters. Not as exciting once you actually look at it but meh. :p Wario's still badass.

EDIBLE, SAME EFFECT AS PICKING UP:
-Heart Container
-Maxim Tomato
-Food
-Superspicy Curry
-Metal Box
-Poison Mushroom
-Super Mushroom
-Timer
-Lightning
-Warpstar
-Dragoon Parts
-Peach's Peaches

EDIBLE, DAMAGING:
-Bob Omb (6%)
-Gooey Bomb (6%)
-Motion Sensor Bomb (6%)
-Smart Bomb (6%)
-Blast Box (6%)
-Snake's Grenades (8%)

EDIBLE, NO EFFECT:
-Assist Trophy
-Barrel
-Crate/Rolling Crate
-Capsule
-Party Ball
-Sandbag
-Cracker Launcher
-Fire Flower
-Ray Gun
-Superscope
-Beam Sword
-Golden Hammer
-Hammer
-Fan
-Home Run Bat
-Lip's Stick
-Star Rod
-Banana Peel
-Bumper
-Deku Nut
-Freezie
-Green Shell
-Hothead
-Pitfall
-Smoke Ball
-Spring
-Team Healer
-Franklin Badge
-Screw Attack
-Bunny Hood
-Soccer Ball
-Urina
-Samus's Suit Parts
-R.O.B.'s Gyros
-King Dedede's Waddle Dees and Waddle Doos
-Wario's Bike
-Peach's Turnips

INEDIBLE:
-Pokéball
-Mr. Saturn
-Smash Ball
-Olimar's Pikmin
-King Dedede's Gordos
-Snake's Mortars

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
dude...you are my hero...dude...
Just one thing though....it's not 9000, it's OVER NINE THOUSAND! Nine thousand? NINE THOUSAND!
Umm funny thing I found out recently: apparently, apparently Wario is the **** when against Meta Knight, lol. If you know what you are doing. I just find that funny after I got better and better, man.

P.S. yea you can't turn 9000+ times on your bike....I thought I could do it, but I lied.

D

Deleted member

Dont worry we know about the infinate. Its pretty hard to do, i usually mess up cuz u need exact timing for the grab.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Are you sure that it's an infinite? I think Wario might have a frame or two to react with something.

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
It was just brough to my attention that it isn't in fact an infinite(thank god). The Yoshi player who did it vs me told me that everytime I got out of it, it was just him messing up. Really.... good news.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
So... how DO you get out of it, just in case someone tries? Just DI, or do you need to double jump or something else?
Just do a move or airdodge; preferably the latter.

I messed around with it a bit when it was mentioned, and it simply didn't seem plausible.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Bike and tires not a threat? Think again!

Wow I can't believe it took me this long to find this out lol. I really hope this isn't common knowledge...

For a while I thought the tires and bike were terrible throwing items, mediocre at best. That is, until I saw Tink's Wario at a recent tourney (he won the whole thing). I noticed that whenever the bike would break, he would grab a tire and throw it down. I didn't get it. Why did he throw it down? Now it's bouncing. Was he just trying to be fancy? I've never seen anyone do that.

Then I tried it in a match and I figured out why. When you throw the tire down, it bounces up and down several times. Anyone else who touches the tire during this period gets hit! You can do a lot of things with this, and suddenly the tire is a good item lol. You could stand behind the bouncing tire and use it as a shield of sorts. You could hit your opponent into it. You could jump and catch it and throw it again. Lots of cool stuff.

So while I was practicing today, I picked up my bike and I got an idea. Maybe it could be just as good? I threw it up. Faired my opponent into it. The bike did some crazy damage. I mean heck, do that twice and it's like 40 or 50 damage!

Then I decided to throw the bike down. It was about the same, it bounces like the tire, but not as much. It could still hit people when bouncing and do heavy damage though.

But wait, there's more! I tried this on Lylat Cruise while the stage was leaning to the side. The bike bounced way to the right and hit my opponent. Turns out that if you bounce the tire or bike off a slope, it will bounce down the slope. With the right timing, you could get a fancy edgeguard with this lol.

Just thought I'd post this for anyone who might not know about it. Try it out, it's extremely useful! :)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Wow I can't believe it took me this long to find this out lol. I really hope this isn't common knowledge...

For a while I thought the tires and bike were terrible throwing items, mediocre at best. That is, until I saw Tink's Wario at a recent tourney (he won the whole thing). I noticed that whenever the bike would break, he would grab a tire and throw it down. I didn't get it. Why did he throw it down? Now it's bouncing. Was he just trying to be fancy? I've never seen anyone do that.

Then I tried it in a match and I figured out why. When you throw the tire down, it bounces up and down several times. Anyone else who touches the tire during this period gets hit! You can do a lot of things with this, and suddenly the tire is a good item lol. You could stand behind the bouncing tire and use it as a shield of sorts. You could hit your opponent into it. You could jump and catch it and throw it again. Lots of cool stuff.

So while I was practicing today, I picked up my bike and I got an idea. Maybe it could be just as good? I threw it up. Faired my opponent into it. The bike did some crazy damage. I mean heck, do that twice and it's like 40 or 50 damage!

Then I decided to throw the bike down. It was about the same, it bounces like the tire, but not as much. It could still hit people when bouncing and do heavy damage though.

But wait, there's more! I tried this on Lylat Cruise while the stage was leaning to the side. The bike bounced way to the right and hit my opponent. Turns out that if you bounce the tire or bike off a slope, it will bounce down the slope. With the right timing, you could get a fancy edgeguard with this lol.

Just thought I'd post this for anyone who might not know about it. Try it out, it's extremely useful! :)
I do the tire throw down on a general basis. I call competitive tire tricks "Wheelding" (hah, get it?) when I'm being serious and "my ULTIMATE DEFENSE" when I'm being funny.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I'm gonna start throwing the bike up every chance I get lol

Also, you can jump over someone and throw the tire on their head, re-catch it with nair, do whatever else you like.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Throwing the bike up is generally the best idea unless you're going to eat it or toss it over the edge at someone.

But yeah... that item stuff is pretty second nature to me... something I like to do is the shield toss backwards w/ the wheel as well, gets me some space, or shield toss it forward into an upair (since the knockback is pretty minimal).

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
Man I didn't realize that Blue Shell was the one who made the wario guide. By the way this guys wario is a beast. I play a little of every character, and I've noticed that none of the top wario players use his dtilt, I like it since its fast and has decent range. Am I being a nub for using it, I know its knockback and such is weak, but seems to be alot faster than ftilt? Also if I have to chose, should i go with reversed back airs or just fairs, yes I know dair is the move of choice, but I'm want a different option for approaching, or mid air defence.

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
Very nice! IF you're interested, I have the damage for each of Wario's attacks:)!

---------------------------

A: 6% for each jab.

F tilt: straight angle 13%, high angle 14%, low angle 12%.

U tilt: 10%.

D tilt: 8%.

--------------------------

F smash: 19%-26%.

U smash: 15%-21%.

D smash: 13%-18%.

-------------------------------------------------

B: 2% for each bite, and the last bite 5%.

Side B: 0% (it can still flinch) -10%, depending on speed.

U B: Fist hit 5%, then ten hits 1%, and the final hit 4%, making it 19% if done perfectly.

D B: 0%-42%, depending on time held.

---------------------------------------------

N air: First hit 9%, second hit 4% ( sometimes I can land them both for 13%).

F Air: 7%, but if done at the end 4%.

U air: 17%.

D air: First 6 hits 2%, and a final hit that does 4%, making it 16% if done perfectly.

B air: 10%.

---------------

Grab hit: 2%.

F grab: 12%.

B grab: 9%.

U grab: 10%

D grab: 7%.

----------------

Hope you like it:chuckle:!

Edit : Added more info and fixed some of them;).

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I donno... I've never pulled it off either... but I did see it on a video on youtube, guys landed it and his opponent went from 0-42%

alphameric

Smash Ace
Wario's UAir autocancels when executed right before landing. The hitbox still comes out as well.
Also, a rising BAir will finish before you hit the ground allowing for a NAir or UAir to comes out before landing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom