• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sHell's Wario Guide*UPDATED*AUG17 More Matchup changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
LOL at Wario becoming the next Ike.

Ike fights for his friends. Wario fights for gold and s***. Nuff said.

I am glad that Wario has a learning curve (I hope he never gets a bandwagon thing going). I like the underused/sideshow vibe you get from him at tournaments. I like the feeling I get when no one uses Wario and I get a free ride into the Finals because they "underestimated" him lol.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
I think Wario will always be underplayed because when people first look at him they usually go "Wow, hes weird and fat, I wanna go play someone AWSUM like Metaknight!!"

We all know Wario is in fact awesome, but I get that from people all the time saying they just don't like the character Wario. So that leaves a few people to appreciate him rather than picking a "cooler" character like Metaknight or Ike etc. But if Wario continues placing high on tournaments, then I can see him being used about as much as dedicated Melee Peach players, which is a decent amount of people but not nearly as much as melee Marth.

HolySerpent

Smash Rookie
Wario is an amazing character.
He was the first character I played with (I won that match btw) and even after 2 months he's still my main.

I really could care less if more people played him. IMO the more people play him ,the more strategies, and the more people I can learn from.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I really could care less if more people played him. IMO the more people play him ,the more strategies, and the more people I can learn from.
I think the Wario community is specifically afraid of watching a "bandwagon" effect happen to Wario instead of just having some new members join. It's one thing to have a strong, dedicated base. It's another thing to have a large flocking of people that don't have a genuine reason to play as him or that aren't really serious about learning in depth but still play as the character because "he's awesome and cause everyone else uses him."

I think we would be happier with a group of 300 Wario Players that were dedicated and focused on improving his metagame or his placing at tournaments than if we had a group of 3 bazillion people that played as him just because he can fart. :)

Sick vids sHell, keep them coming at us. I almost felt sorry for that poor, poor Lucas lol.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Hey... one of the reasons I loved him in Brawl was because of his fart >: ( Best edgeguard in the game? Undeniably so. If you have a a half - two thirds waft ready, and they grab the ledge, they've lost their stock.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hey... one of the reasons I loved him in Brawl was because of his fart >: ( Best edgeguard in the game? Undeniably so. If you have a a half - two thirds waft ready, and they grab the ledge, they've lost their stock.
I meant like if people flocked to him like they did to Ike, Mk, Snake, ect. JUST BECAUSE he could fart or just because somebody told them to play Wario, no questions asked. We all know how awesome Wario really is, but I don't think we want a bandwagon following him wherever he goes. That's the point I was trying to make, sorry if I sounded like I was disgracing Wario's name :)

sHell you should try to get some ditto's recorded with Futile and other Wario's. I think that would be epic x10.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lol we should each challenge every Wario player out there. There would be like a billion Wario dittos in there after we are done. Smashboards could not contain that amount of awesomeness in one thread alone lol.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Wario dittos are amazing, so many opportunities for chomps and it requires a ton of thinking.

Blue shell you should come over here for a day sometime, there are enough decent smashers here for you to play :D I have recording equipment too

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
i find it odd that you think ddd and marth are even match ups, those characters almost always beat me. and then i beat every game and watch i play, but it might just be the groups i play with, meh.

as for levels, i always slob brinstar, its just a little smaller than other levels, so you kill easier, and still have platforms. uneven ground hurts ddd, and recovering through the level from the bottom is so easy with the bike, so you avoid kirby's spit under stuff and falco's attempts to respike after hes chained you to a dair. against a couple people at c3 this last weekend, when the acid hit both of us i just immediately up air'd for a nice kill, i love that level.

exidid

Smash Journeyman
I have the most problem with Zelda, same with my other main Peach. The swordies are not a big problem to me, given Wario air dodge and air capabilities.

I want a Wario ditto!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I agree with the entire update except for putting Marth at 4-6. I would say it's even, but I could see why a lot of people say Wario is at a disadvantage since you do have to work a bit to make it even and Marth doesn't have to work nearly as much.

Edit: Blue sHell on the Marth Matchup discussion you put "as it is for Marth" twice. It makes the sentence look awkward lol.

Goodstyle

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Wario can chain grab Ness. I heard it was only PT and Marth he needs to worry about.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
This is absolute bullcrap.

You got this from my thread didn't you? Bluphnony!

No amount of glitching will make Ness' matchup 8-2.

It should be 6-4.

Your such a hypocrite! I remember when you taught Wario could be CG, now your endorsing it!
Ness is just as good as Lucas. Yes, Ness may be at a disadvantage to Wario, but 8-2 is a bit much.

I used to beat every Lucas until I faced Mekos

AND WE ALREADY TOLD YOU! WARIO CANNOT CHAIN GRAB!
Wow your an idiot if we can't explain that you.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226

It should be 6-4.

Your such a hypocrite! I remember when you taught Wario could be CG, now your endorsing it!
Ness is just as good as Lucas. Yes, Ness may be at a disadvantage to Wario, but 8-2 is a bit much.

AND WE ALREADY TOLD YOU! WARIO CANNOT CHAIN GRAB!
Wow your an idiot if we can't explain that you.
Aight peeps let's all chill out to this awesome, awesome song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkztjGYYByw

PUDGE

Smash Apprentice
im not gettin a good clarification on the 10 move refresh, in particular with grabs, im still curious, if you grab and attack 4 times during the initial grab, does that coutn as 5 moves?

PUDGE

Smash Apprentice
GOOD GOD u still haven't answered my question, does the initial grab count too?? sheesh

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I think that grabs do not count towards the move refresh but a throw will count towards it.

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman

It should be 6-4.

AND WE ALREADY TOLD YOU! WARIO CANNOT CHAIN GRAB! .

Dude, relax.
First of all I don't have on the orginal post anywhere that Wario could unescapably chaingrab Ness or Lucas. I have that he could fsmash from grab release. Originally the Ness v Wario matchup would be 6-4 in Wario's favor, but because one grab past around 85% means a death, its just too much. I changed it to 7-3 to not seem like its impossible, I hope we could both agree on that.

Lucas could play "don't get grabbed" alot better than Ness can, and would normally have the advantage if it weren't for the same grab release fsmash problem. Lucas v Wario being 6-4 and Ness v Wario being 6-4 wouldn't make much sense considering how much harder it is on Ness.

Lol. But im still mad.

Change it back to 6-4.

Ness 8-2
but Yoshi is 6-4. BULL****!
Yoshi isn't bad at all vs Wario. He has alot vs him actually. Try not to under/over'estimate matchups until you've faced it at its best. Don't forget the stunt you pulled regarding Ike and your obsession with the thoughts that he sucks regardless of the fact that high end Ike players could matchup to a large number of higher ranked characters.

And again, relax. I made this guide and have been putting out the information gathered by all the character boards out of the kindness of my heart. I didn't question your manhood or stab your mother, theres no reason to get this bent out of shape.

Also, don't take this post personally or offensively. I respect everyone on these boards equally. I'm just trying to explain to you my reasoning on the matter.

Wow your an idiot if----
Mmhmm. Yea...

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Second of all, knowing you, if this happened to Wario, you would say: Nope! That's not fair, no way, if someone could grab release to Fsmash Wario, Nope! I wouldn't put it down. Why would I chill it out? Your an annoying pest! You call yourself a true player!

I assume you started abusing the glitch too know. HPOCRITE!

You: BAW! Wario gets infinited by Yoshi. BAW! Only ***** do that.

Some dude: No he doesn't.

You: YAY ME! Sexy Wario is back!

Some dude: I heard Ness can be CG by Marth.

You: WHAT, Ness can be CG by Wario, HOT DOG!

Some dude: I said Marth.

You: Yeah, someone posted info about Ness CG, better change is matchup!

8-2.

Wait, people would complain, 7-3.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
I see you changed Lucas too. I bet you'd LOVE to abuse this glitch. Wait only in tournies. DOH!!!

Again, if this ever happened to Wario, you'd be ****ting your fat *** pants!!!
Again. HYPOCRITE!

You a week ago: Wario is CG by Yoshi! I would NEVER use this tactic.

Sounds like you changed your mind fast eh.

Hypocrite.

Sans Glutin

Smash Ace
Smashbros -

1. Don't triple post.
2. Stop defending your character or whatever. Honestly, sorry to say it, but in this game Ness pretty much blows. The chaingrab did not help him either. You're obviously a little too immature for these forums if you care THAT much about a matchup to make a three post rant (a lot of it is incorrect) about a single matchup, one that isn't even one of the more important ones due to the fact that it's against NESS!
3. Leave Shell alone. I guarantee you he knows more about Wario than you do, so even though i'm not sure by myself, I bet that this
Um yeah, Grab to Fsmash doesn't even work. Fatty's range is just to low for that, try again!
is also incorrect.
4. Chill out.
5. Stop dirtying the Wario boards.

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
Smash, seriously, I'm sorry, but please just go away, you are literally the first person ever to start an argument on the Wario boards.

When Yoshi's CG vs Wario was thought to be legit I totally accepted it. I said it was ghey. And it is. But I accepted the fact openly, said nothing past that.

And even now. Every. Single. Time. I mention the Ness and Lucas release grab thing I say how sorry I am for them because inevitably Wario players will use it and this isnt the "look at me! I'm blue shell!" guide, its the Wario guide, for all tourny and non-tourny players that want to know what wario could do and what it causes when it happens. Why are you harrassing me out of nowhere?

Lets be men about this and not bicker. If you think Ness has only a tiny disadvantage vs Wario and that he can't fsmash from release then lets exchange brawl codes and test it out in a match. We'll record it and put it below the matchup.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Banned for stating my opinion? This is free speech.
Also, Im sorry if I insulted your master, you "Wario lovers" Are on big loving family, right?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
There's a difference between stating an opinion and bashing/flaming a character and/or it's players, good sir. Pick up a dictionary, or google it if you must, to discover the difference.

Sans Glutin

Smash Ace
Banned for stating my opinion? This is free speech.
Also, Im sorry if I insulted your master, you "Wario lovers" Are on big loving family, right?
This is just too funny

You are "stating your opinion" by triple posting in a Wario guide in a way that could easily be considered trolling or flaming. Free speech isn't always so, for example if you walk into a bank wearing a ski mask with your hand in your jacket pocket and screaming "I've got a gun!!!", you aren't going to get away without at least a warning.

I'm wondering where you even got the "master" thing. Shell is just like any other Wario player, maybe more skilled than some, and he was kind enough to take some of his free time to write a guide to help some of us. He certainly isn't our "leader", "master", or any sort of thing. I wouldn't say we Wario mainers are like a family, but we certainly are friendly and not a$$holes, something you ought to try to emulate.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
This is repeated bull**** such as this "argument" that made me stop visiting Smashboards from late 2004 to late 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom