• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sHell's Wario Guide*UPDATED*AUG17 More Matchup changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

okiyama

Smash Ace
Guys I found a way to gimp MK recovering but it takes some timing, I did it yesterday not entirely on purpose.

MK is recovering after a blistering FSmash from you, you run right up the ledge and begin to charge your Fsmash. Right when he begins his UpB you release it. If timed almost perfectly you will hit him and your superarmor will save you from any knockback.

This only works on MK though because he doesn't sweetspot at the beggining or his UpB.

OrionX1989

Smash Rookie
anyone who has advice i need a little help. i main wario and pit and i need help with how to beat zelda and climbers. main how to get around chain grabs and zeldas up smash spamming. since wario seems to be a very aerial intesive fighter i was hoping for a few tips on zeldas high priority. any help is aprriciated.

Doctor Destructo

Smash Journeyman
how about both i picked wario back up to counter a cuople charecters i had trouble with in my last tourny. :) thanks for your time.
Well, it was said that Yoshi had an infinite on Wario, but it was disproved as it only worked on computer Warios.

Two Warios can infinite someone else by having one Bite, throw, the other one catches with a Bite, throw, etc.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Well, it was said that Yoshi had an infinite on Wario, but it was disproved as it only worked on computer Warios.

Two Warios can infinite someone else by having one Bite, throw, the other one catches with a Bite, throw, etc.

hmmmm.... could you link me 2 them plz i would like to learn it thanks:)
can't wario like 8 other charecters infinite Cg Ness And lucas? just wondering.?

Doctor Destructo

Smash Journeyman
[/COLOR]
hmmmm.... could you link me 2 them plz i would like to learn it thanks:)
can't wario like 8 other charecters infinite Cg Ness And lucas? just wondering.?
I don't know any videos for those two, and yeah, Wario can infinite Ness and Lucas with just grabs and pummels.

EDIT: I think?

PUDGE

Smash Apprentice
hey Blue Shell i just wanted to see if you could test it and put it in, i read that u say F smash out of shield is amazing, i wanted to throw out there that if you obviously hold shield a little bit before your opponents attack, u may slide back a little and F smash is useless, if u time it correctly u don't slide, BUT, the time to let go of shield can be devastating when your playing QUICK characters, i tested this and saw that if u stationary dodge then f smash without having your shield come back up aka, shield, press down let go of shield right as u hit down then f smash, it takes less frames which means its quick and u dont get knockback from them hitting u while your shield'

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
hey Blue Shell i just wanted to see if you could test it and put it in, i read that u say F smash out of shield is amazing, i wanted to throw out there that if you obviously hold shield a little bit before your opponents attack, u may slide back a little and F smash is useless, if u time it correctly u don't slide, BUT, the time to let go of shield can be devastating when your playing QUICK characters, i tested this and saw that if u stationary dodge then f smash without having your shield come back up aka, shield, press down let go of shield right as u hit down then f smash, it takes less frames which means its quick and u dont get knockback from them hitting u while your shield'
The problem w/ this is generally during your dodge animation and startup for the Fsmash they'll have time to pull out their own spotdodge and then everyone gets into this spotdodge dance situation (hella annoying, btw -_-)... if you just tank their hit w/ good timing you'll definitely get the smash in, at least.

Ramses99

Smash Rookie
say Blue sHell, what's your opinion on the dtilt? You only mention it a little in your guide. I've always thought the move was pretty good for wario as he could obviously follow up with aeriels but from videos i've seen of good Warios, the move is barely used. Are fsmash and ftilt simply much better options on the ground or is this move easily shielded and punished.

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I only use downtilt if I need a fast start up long range move. But the other uses I've seen some Wario's use I'm not too big of a fan of(like after fairs and to continue combos).

If you happen to downtilt on a shielding opponent, inevitably they will counterattack or grab you. But vs many many people fsmash pushes them out of a range in which they could grab you unless if your fighting a tether user. Also using fsmash in the situations where you would use dtilt outcomes in more damage anyway.

I understand that the slight pop up makes people nervous and usually makes them mistime their airdodge because they are so next to the ground. But once they figure out that if they just do an attack instead that Wario can't followup. You could always see this coming and follow up with something in return though.

Personally if I ever want to pop someone slightly to mindgame-combo them I use jabs instead. Jabs pop you up almost the same angle as downtilt, has less ending lag, good startup lag, and instead of finishing the jab 2hit combo you could jab>grab or jab>fsmash instead.

Germanydabassist

Smash Rookie
YEAH! Go Wario <3 <3 <3
I saw Blue_sHell's vids in brawl and I am now converted to maining in wario! =DDD

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Any snake players that I play now recover immediately and high because they are afraid of getting their recovery chomped lol. I've had to motorcycle jump to reach them and gimp.

W-man

Smash Cadet
Eating stuff do not increases his fart ! That's easy to test it in training mode, you make a dozen caraps appear and you eat them whole, no change. And there was a video showing you could get a 0% KO with Wario-man's fart, and it was BLUE. If that wasn't a joke... that was a blasphem ! (I never managed... did I miss something ?)

Otherwise, GREAT guide. With people around me saying Wario appeared pretty weak I didn't at first realised that he had so much manipulating potential. Thank you !

Goodstyle

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to sHell and other great wario players, Wario is in the top 5 best tourney performence characters!
No joke!

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to sHell and other great wario players, Wario is in the top 5 best tourney performence characters!
No joke!
Haha, awesome. Take that other character boards.

I absolutely swear now that Wario will be very very commonly used when people learn what he could do. So just get ready for ALOT of people to jump on the bandwagon and start using him once his potential is realized by others. Seriously, lol.
Watch out, the prophecy is coming true :urg:

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Wario is very under-used IMO

I like that.

I'm always the only Wario at every tournament lol (except the tourney that Tink was at).

It's like a sideshow, people are like "Hey, it's a Wario. Hold on, I gotta watch this" :laugh:

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Lol, I haven't played in a tournament setting for brawl yet (Except for that one time.. before brawl came out. But most people weren't good at that point) I will soon eventually though, possibly next week at CoTIII. Whenever I meet new players they get the same reaction "Wow, I thought Wario was terrible"

I just hope he stays underused though, because compared to all the other good characters he has tons more mindgames and has a learning curve.

Blue shell, you should try to become a mod for these boards. That would be awesome since we need a active mod.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Fortunately Wario has a bit of a learning curve, and that might put off some of the lamer players... I would cringe if people started playing Wario frequently and the large majority were terrible D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom