• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shell Shocked XIV: Not for a long time.

chillindude829

Smash Master
it will def be melee only, if anything i might try to add sf4/marvel/sfxtekken (if that game gets big at all) on the side, but apex kinda ruined our relationship with 2d fighters lol so a 2d event might be smashers only, that might not be a bad thing tho

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Going back to GS2 roots. Swiss is definitely the best format.

(and the hardest to run effectively)

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i never really liked swiss that much, but you can't argue with a fixed amount of sets for everyone in the tourney. pretty legit

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Could you guys push this back a week? A lot of vcu players would be able to come up that way.

CTL17

Smash Lord
Could you guys push this back a week? A lot of vcu players would be able to come up that way.
If you told me SIX WEEKS AGO, which was when we planned this. Speaking of six weeks ago, I STILL haven't heard back from the venue people. Winter break still isn't over, but anxiety.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
are you not able to like...follow up and explain that people need to make plans? haha

CTL17

Smash Lord
That's very lame. We had this problem last Shell Shocked too. That's why I didn't have the post up until like, two weeks before the event.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Dealing with colleges is really frustrating. I really understand.

VCU won't let me use their large amounts of space since it counts as a copyright violation or some ****.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
So what's MD/VA availability on housing/rides? They just recently opened a megabus route from Morgantown to Washington, DC. So in the event we can't take a car here (though chances are 3 or 4 of us will make it) I'd still like to come with KrazyKrox. It would be $29 to arrive Friday night and leave Sunday morning. But that would mean i would need housing Fri/Sat and would need to find a way to get from DC to wherever i need to go. Any help on that? I could also possibly head down for smashfests if I find cheaper tickets often...

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
wait, is this going to be the last shell shocked since we're all graduating? ;_;

CTL17

Smash Lord
So what's MD/VA availability on housing/rides? They just recently opened a megabus route from Morgantown to Washington, DC. So in the event we can't take a car here (though chances are 3 or 4 of us will make it) I'd still like to come with KrazyKrox. It would be $29 to arrive Friday night and leave Sunday morning. But that would mean i would need housing Fri/Sat and would need to find a way to get from DC to wherever i need to go. Any help on that? I could also possibly head down for smashfests if I find cheaper tickets often...
From DC, you can take the green line up to College Park or Greenbelt, where one of us can easily pick you guys up. Pertaining housing, it is very likely that I will be housing unknown522 and RaynEX (yes, they're planning on coming). You could ask Wenbo, as he's the next best choice. There are some other candidates as well, but I'm not sure how willing they would be.

I'm guaranteed to be around for at least one more semester after we graduate (Hopkins or breaking), so I could host a few more. Otherwise, we need an heir.

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
I would like to come to this. I can get to the metro station at College Park but would need a ride to the venue at that point. As long as this can be arranged I'm definitely in.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
So what if the venue people say no
Does that mean everything is canceled?

CTL17

Smash Lord
So what if the venue people say no
Does that mean everything is canceled?
Then I will execute plan D. And also be very annoyed.

My friend (the venue provider) is going to pester them this week, since school starts Wednesday.

CTL17

Smash Lord
Will you guys ever do Brawl?
Shell Shocked won't. But there are random Brawl tourneys here held by student groups now and then. They tend to be informal, but if I'm there (since I have friends in those groups), I tend to run them semi-formally, depending on time constraints. Prize is usually only some trophy, bragging rights, or a $20 Chipotle gift card.

Top Bottom