• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheiks weakness's

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Sheiks Weakness's

FSMASH can be shield grabbed quite easily.
To avoid punishment just stay clear of this move for the most part. With proper spacing it can be useful but the opponent will see it coming and being up their 1 frame shield. Most of the time she has better options.
This move can also be DI'd out of.

Jab has little hit stun.
If you rapid jab then people will take advantage of your high cool down.
If you jab cancel the only thing that truly combo's is: jab (both hits)> duck cancel> grab

Chain has a lot of start up and ending lag.
If you mess up prepare to get punished.
This said, the chain is devastating none the less.

Chain Jacket is useless.
It can screw up the game if it is her first move. Even more, it not only takes on the move but also its priority, and since she has low priority you will more than likely be out prioritized.

Needles have a lot of cool down.
In other words don't try and camp with them.
Also, if you use them in the air the ending lag is not canceled upon landing.

U-tilt does not true combo into itself.
Sad but true. This is not a bad move at all. They can just get out before the moves connects.

F-tilt can easily be shield grabbed.
The best way to avoid this is proper spacing.
Use f-tilt to punish or as a follow up from Bair/Fair.

Dair has a lot of ending lag.
Dair has a lot of ending lag so be prepared to get punished.
On top of that the move does not have a hurt box the entire time it is out.
That said, this move is not completely useless.
This move can get you down from the top of the screen really quick, it has a nice stall feature making this move good for the casual mix up, and it is a nice safety feature if you mess up your DI on the footstool.

Grabs have no guaranteed follow ups.
Now by no means I'm not saying that you shouldn't grab.
I'm saying something more like: "It is a rock paper scissors game when you throw them."
Predict right you get a follow up. Predict wrong you get punished.
Usually the best thing to do is throw, SH FF, watch what they do, punish if you can or charge needle's.

Vanish can catch people and thus steal the KO from you.
Learn the angle that it catches them and avoid it.
This is not all that bad though. In fact you can use it to your advantage if the fail to tech. ie
Vanish Catch> FF> FSmash/Needles> (no FSmash at this part) DACUS
You can still get your kill assuming that you don't run out of stage.

For the most part she kills at high percents.
To counter this you can do one of four things:
#1 gimp
#2 decayed f-tilt> USmash
#3 grab release (on certain characters)> DACUS tipper hit
#4 knock the foe away and turn into Zelda (DSmash is really nice to knock people away from you)

Sheik is a fast faller.
Because of this you can get juggles pretty bad. You can also be combo'd pretty bad too.
To counter this learn how to Smash DI and how to TDI.

Sheik's shield sucks.
Sheik has a small shield and her body parts become exposed after a short period of time.
To counter this just simply don't stand there with your shield up.
Very bad idea.
What you need to do instead is practice the timing on getting a perfect shield.

Sheik's recovery can be punished.
Chain is usually what you want to go for, but they can just grab the ledge and force you to use Vanish.
Vanish is not the worst recovery neither. If you use it to make yourself go diagnol then you have a better chance of getting to the stage.
Vanish also does not hurt people. So if they are on the edge you have two options:
#1 Stage Spike with Vanish (if they are *******).
#2 Make it to the stage.

Sheik has poor priority.
Now the cool thing about Sheik is you don't need to use all of her moves. You just need to get started on a combo and then use your low priority moves. To counter this stick to a few high priority moves.
These moves consist of:
Bair
d-tilt (at low percents so you can combo after it's use)
Nair
Chain (you can Chain camp some people and nothing will out prioritize you)
Fair (it has decent priority and better for combo's, however, Bair is better at spacing and out prioritizing)

Sheik is light.
YOU MUST LEARN HOW TO DI!!!!!
DIing is a very important part of using Sheik.
To DI you simply need to perform and airial and fast fall.
That is the simple version. When really and truely it is more complicated.

When you are leanched you need to go at a diagnol path. This allows you to travel longer without dieing.
After you get out of hit stun you need to perform Nair (her fastest airial) and then hit down on the analog. This will slow or stop you momentum.

Doing this will allow you to survive into much higher percents.

Anyways.... this is why I made this post.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltqgP-Xgceg&feature=channel_page

What he said was true. Every character has their own weakness's.
We need to find Sheiks weakness's, cover them up and make them her strengths.
Sheik has enough options to take care of almost every weakness.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sheik is light. Learn2DI.

Not that I see much point in making threads for the sake of making threads.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I have a hard time killing when I play brawl as sheik.

Not that I main/second her, or anything close to that, though :pimp:
:falcon:

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Sheik is light,
Good DI will always help with his also positioning, if someone is trying to kill you horizontally the best place you can be is the farthest away from the direction they wish to kill you from. Best example ness back throw, if ness is trying to grab you and is on your right then setting yourself up on the far left side will increases your chances of living from the bthrow. Obviously you normally wouldn't be able to control where exactly you would get hit or grab so standing in the middle of the stage is usually the best answer in avoiding death from the sides. Vertical killing attacks are nearly impossible to help improve your chance of living other then di beside not being hit higher then the stage floor. A good example would be snake utilt on norfair, if your on the highest platform he can kill you earlier then he could if you were on the bottom one.

can't kill very well,

sheik methods to get around his are the following, decay ftilt into usmash, gimping, purposely not using selective attacks so they can kill as soon as possible or set up for a gimp, and last zelda.

her needles have too much cool down upon thrown and give negative frame advantage when they hit(I'm fairly sure about this), needles can be smash di away or towards sheik,

Not much you can do about this beside to not throw needles right next to your opponent, needles is purely a mid to long range projectal and using them up close will usually only cause you problems.

utilt doesn't true combo into the 2nd hit,

A lot of characters don't have attacks and air dodges that can hit or unable them to get hurt before sheik second part of the utilt. Also even if they do the reaction time to hit sheik before the 2nd hit connection isn't that large so if you catch someone off guard then it can work. The utilt sends people in a good angle as well which can allow sheik to follow up so it shouldn't be used because of this.

fsmash can be avoided with di and without if hit with the knee,

Don't hit with the knee and always aim to hit with the thighs which make di out very unlikely(if even possible)

vanish can "catch" someone when you reappear and can cause them to be able to attack before you,
make sure you don't repear in the direction the explosion would hit them to or don't use it in %'s that would allow them to hit you first, those %'s I do not know as of yet.... It should been know though the vanish to vanish catch can be a guaranteed combo as it's been shown in training mode.

switching to zelda is based upon the wii or wii's loading time with online connection and varies as such,

don't play on wifi with sheik/zelda, don't change to zelda.

sheik can't really stop people who return to the stage near the top of the screen,

preemptively jump off stage and attempt to reach them before they reach near the top when they are recover, double jump into a vanish after them which forces them to air dodge or get hit, remain on the ground and walk to the area they will most likely land and punish them upon landing with a attack, needle storm them from a far which is guaranteed damage if you throw needles so they land between the storm(when you land you can always get hurt for a few frames and you are unable to shield)

usually has to recover low because of falling speed and how vanish works which makes her pron to stage spikes,

"tech it or pick a stage which you can't get stage spike on easily or a stage with small bast zones so that wont be a issue.

jack chain hard to perform glitch that infuse the chain with beatable priority among other stats, single jab can't jab lock and AAA is not a true combo,

master the chain jacket so you can avoid using the chain jacket

with few exceptions no methods of racking up more damage after 100% or lower depending on lunch resistance,

in other words switch to a punishment game with lots of needles and bairs on shield or fair if you can do it safely, switch to zelda, kill them before they reach over 100%

fsmash can be shield grab between hits, dsmash can be dash up and grabbed after hitting shield against most, usmash can't hit shields without being dash up to and grabbed, fair isn't safe on shield on everyone and only works on a few, slow horizontal air speed making cross ups difficult,

don't hit the shield with this attack

... I'll most likely think more but I'm getting depressed.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
You shouldn't just list stuff, but actually explain them in detail and how Sheik players may or may not be able to overcome it :/

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
My universal solution: Show weakness to hide strength.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
You shouldn't just list stuff, but actually explain them in detail and how Sheik players may or may not be able to overcome it :/
I guess, I mean a lot of that isn't very hard to find a "answer" to like for sheik having to recover low which makes her easy to stage spike. I could just say "tech it or pick a stage which you can't get stage spike on easily or a stage with small bast zones so that wont be a issue.

edit: I guess I should edit my post with "answers"

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I plan on it.
First I need information to work with.

:EDIT:
Most of what you listed was problems with her attack's Tristan. Don't get depressed. <,<

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Sheik doesn't have any weaknesses.

@ Tristan
Fair is safe on most shields marth bowser D3 kirby and charizard are the few that come to mind. Regardless thats when bair is a much better spacing tool.

I don't know though I avoid most situations she fails at so well I forgot most of them...

One thing though; being above your opponent. Sheik has no strong responses for opponents below her. That problem is compounded because Sheik has no horizontal movement speed and is really light. She has a pretty bad air dodge as well.

I normally try to dair away from my opponent, using needles to switch direction if necessary(if I'm high enough to land laglessly) Or more practically I'll change it into and edge guarding situation by DIing off stage. Lately I've also been experimenting with B reversing to instantly change direction while decending. It's a neat mix up.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Sheik doesn't have any weaknesses.

@ Tristan
Fair is safe on most shields marth bowser D3 kirby and charizard are the few that come to mind. Regardless thats when bair is a much better spacing tool.

I don't know though I avoid most situations she fails at so well I forgot most of them...

One thing though; being above your opponent. Sheik has no strong responses for opponents below her. That problem is compounded because Sheik has no horizontal movement speed and is really light. She has a pretty bad air dodge as well.

I normally try to dair away from my opponent, using needles to switch direction if necessary(if I'm high enough to land laglessly) Or more practically I'll change it into and edge guarding situation by DIing off stage. Lately I've also been experimenting with B reversing to instantly change direction while decending. It's a neat mix up.
Really, are you sure of that <3? I was fairly sure if you jump towards a de3 fair his shield and then pull back he would still be able to shield grab you. IF what you say is true then I may need to change how I play with sheik.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Woops... fairs is safe on most but not the few I mentioned... sorry about that.

you can bair D3 without getting shield grabbed.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
i suggest using fairs alot. its like a rock paper scissors kind of thing.... like fair fair. sh needle cancel, space, ftilt fair... FAIR!!

Top Bottom