• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik's moveset

What do you think of Sheik's new moves?

• Total voters

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Ftilt
I think ftilt was the brawl sheik's favorite move, it just gave us so many options and damage and was very safe.

jab
I don't know if jab canceling will be back, or if it will be back in the same capacity. In brawl is actually was a pretty safe poke option than could combo into other stuff, but with the new rapid jabs I'm not to worried

bair
I'm hoping the "stomp" from brawl is back. I was a very powerful mix up tool that let you decide which side of a sheild you were going to land independent of your opponents position.

Dair
I don't know anything about dair... hopefully it has more knock back and a longer stall time. so it is harder to punish and well... a better aerial stalling option. Dair was useful for getting to the ground quickly in some matchups

Fair
Don't care I just used it as a fast spacing tool.

Uair
had a really good hit box. I heard somewhere that it is now two hits. and that's great! I hope it doesn't last much longer because of that though.

Nair
looks way cooler!

Dsmash
Dsmash was a great move, really fast beat spot dodges and some rolls. I think it's knock back in brawl was reasonable considering its speed and utility.

Usmash
I kind of wish usmash's side hit was a better kill option since it takes so long. Getting those ftilt usmashes felt so good though!

Fsmash
I think fsmash should be a viable kill option. It is one of sheik's longer start up moves and didn't have the most amazing hitbox in the world (It was really big though, great for punishing landings) I hope they make the second hit more relaible when you connect with the first.

BOUNCING FISH!
I think giving sheik a move like this will help her in so many ways She now has an aerial stall to help vary her recovery. a wider threat range directly in front of her to deter a lot of characters from just waiting her out horizontally. (for example MK wouldn't be able to just threaten you with his fair or bair our ranging/out prioritizing yours because a bouncing fish would be possible before he could react... hopefully)
On stage it gives you more aerial mobility. If you don't like a situation instead of expending a (low horizontal movement, really high) second jump you can bouncing fish away. of if you got a fair or bair to connect you can bouncing fish to a platform to follow up faster.
I'm hoping we can combo fair into bouncing fish! it would give sheik a ton more kill pressue off the stage!
I'm not mad at all sheik and zelda are separate. It gives them more wiggle room to give sheik kill power in her kit (and room for them to give zelda more damage building tools) and thats always been her issue.

GRANADES!!
Needles AND Nades! I think that was a team name I was on before.
Sheik's zoning game is going to be SO strong with granades added. (it was already really strong) I was never a big fan of the chain, as an attack but I will miss the tether recovery, that was power! Maybe it will com back as a custom move?

D

Deleted member

I'm really interested in using the grenades as an edge-guarding tool. Since they're on a string, it will be fun to dangle them over the edge to hang just under it.

From what I heard @Zipzo saying, Sheik is an impressive character in Smash 4. Get excited, guys!

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I'm really interested in using the grenades as an edge-guarding tool. Since they're on a string, it will be fun to dangle them over the edge to hang just under it.

From what I heard @Zipzo saying, Sheik is an impressive character in Smash 4. Get excited, guys!
Edge guarding with grenades is going to be too good with the new edge mechanics. Once we learn the timing Sheik will be able to safely punish anyone who hang on the ledge too long, drop down from the ledge, jumps or ledge attack (assume their attack doesn't out range the grenade) this means their only options is to roll or drop really low below the lip of the stage. Now mix that with Sheik wonderful melee needles + speed and it's now impossible for anyone to stall on the ledge against us, and good luck getting back on the stage!

Better yet if the grenades explode when hit(which is something we need to test asap) we can also use it as a sort of wall against recoveries so people wont be able to safely recover low or mid height so logically everyone will almost always try to recover high. Because we know they are going to recover high we can predict and intercept them with our high jump height, our BF(bouncing fish) to help stall and pressure them away from the ledge and if we are polish enough our vanish to kill off the top.

Sheik edgeguarding game is going to be something to cry about, tears of joy for us, tears of sadness for our enemies.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Bad news guys... impressions so far from multiple sources suggest that the landing lag from aerial needles is back...

So the E3 demo with Sheik needle canceling... was simply an early build fluke it seems.

Otherwise, it seems Sheik has one of the most fluid and aggressive playstyles, with much greater mobility than in Brawl... but still retains the difficulty in getting KOs. In fact, it seems even tougher to get KOs than in Brawl.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Bad news guys... impressions so far from multiple sources suggest that the landing lag from aerial needles is back...

So the E3 demo with Sheik needle canceling... was simply an early build fluke it seems.

Otherwise, it seems Sheik has one of the most fluid and aggressive playstyles, with much greater mobility than in Brawl... but still retains the difficulty in getting KOs. In fact, it seems even tougher to get KOs than in Brawl.
I've been talking a lot with @ Tristan_win Tristan_win (lol there is a register Tristan_lose) and I don't think that's true. I don't think he thinks its true either. sheik has a lot more kill power this time around. uair kills around 130 and can be comboed into. Bouncing fish is a kill move as well. usmash still kills. Vanish still kills. I think we'll be okay. Also wait till you get a look at custom moves.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I've been talking a lot with @ Tristan_win Tristan_win (lol there is a register Tristan_lose) and I don't think that's true. I don't think he thinks its true either. sheik has a lot more kill power this time around. uair kills around 130 and can be comboed into. Bouncing fish is a kill move as well. usmash still kills. Vanish still kills. I think we'll be okay. Also wait till you get a look at custom moves.
Funny story, Tristan_lose was a troll account made to talk bad about Sheik. I was very glad when he got temp banned >_< I'm pretty sure it was leafplayer who did it though.

But yeah more to what <3 said. I think overall Sheik kill power has improved as being able to combo into uair so high on the screen has now made it into a pretty reliable kill move which beside decay ftilt into usmash was never a option. Speaking of which decay ftilt into usmash I'm 99% sure will still be a thing in smash4 since it's been proven decay is still in the game and Sheik ftilt looks to have even more frame advantage then ever before. Having just these two options I feel greatly improve her ability to kill and put her into a at least respectable spot as far as kill power goes.There is still a lot of stuff we don't know yet though, how good is vanish for killing(no data). can fsmash kill(no data), how stronger or weaker is usmash as a kill move(no data), just how bad is nair now(=(), can BF be a soild kill move that we can combo into(no data), and should we consider side b to be a good option? Those are some of the questions I have but as I stand right now after seeing some much streamer footage plus what i have seen of sheik I'm thinking Sheik killing % have all gone down to be around 90 to 120 (+/-) while in Brawl was 90 to 130-150%.

10% isn't much but until proven to be much better that's my stance on sheik kill power, another combo into kill move and 10% better then Brawl sheik, without a doubt a clear buff.

Edit: With BF proved to be able to combo into our fthrow and bthrow in kill % I now think Sheik has amazing killing power, maybe more so then the majority of the cast.

Last edited:

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Perhaps a lot of what I'm seeing can be explained by greater disparity between character stats in this game - as in defense stats having more weight. Kill %s appear to differ greatly now between lighter and heavier characters.

In general, I have a feeling much of the game is not so obvious to the initial observer. Only time will tell.

As for customs, here's hoping they are actually allowed in tournament play lol.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Sheik has to go for the gimps, really. Which is very possible - gimping with her is relatively easy in this game if you've got an aggressive offstage style.

Sheiks need to be comfortable going offstage and really pushing the boundaries for recovery. F-Air and B-Air are really safe against most recoveries.

Also, nades on the ledge, like how Tristan described.

Sheik will be great, she just has a slightly different way to go about getting a ko.

That being said, don't discount her killers.

Top Bottom