• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik's infinite

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
私の神は、このゲーム時間がによって.....行くと同時にだけより悪くなっている

Oop. Read here first: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7437204&postcount=1

Or watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUhS8RQrOU4

This is an infinite that Sheik has on several characters including Snake.
When done with frame perfect precision, you can't pull out nades to stop this.

This will certiainly shake up the matchup for us. What do you supposed the best way to deal with it is?

mofo_

Smash Ace
maybe SDI? ASDI? keep DI'ing the footstool and the bair and ftilt to get far away as possible i suppose. or perhaps roll away if sheik footstooled you to close to the ground

SuSa

Banned via Administration
It still seems like you can roll to me.

I also didn't see a display on Snake (unless I'm blind)

I also... never... ever.. play.. any... Sheik's... so I'm not to scared personally.

napZzz

Smash Hero
This seems pretty faulty tbh. Looks like you have alot of time to get away or even SDI and jump away from the ftilt

-Ran

Smash Master
F-Tilt + Nades.

I'm not really worried. SDI and proper spacing will prevent the lock from occurring. Just keeping a grenade on the stage will completely shut it down.

Kly

Smash Rookie
Ban FD against Shiek.
Drop a nade although Shiek may escape from it because she jump.
Space well (Ftilt etc).

I think the matchup still is in Snake favor.

xsephirot

Smash Apprentice
He actually got the idea of that from the Japanese who have been trying to figure out many grabrelease + footstool combos. I'm def going to try this out since I my secondary is Sheik

Timbers

check me out
should read more than just the OP

All they've managed in creating so far is a few guaranteed ftilt>footstool combos. Until Sheik is able to reduce her airtime after the footstool there's nothing to worry about.

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
I read that "bair is your friend" against Sheik's infinite. Unfortunately I can't remember why, or what the other thing was that is your friend against Sheik's infinite.

However, this would be a use for Snake's seemingly useless bair, right? >.>

Superspright

Smash Lord
useless? I use it all the time to squeeze back onto the ledge before they can grab me. Or off stage I love to use bair to smack them away.

Nic64

Smash Lord
bair is no where near useless lmao

also this infinite doesn't work.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
The fact that this isnt 100% totally legit yet combined with the fact that there arent that many sheik players around combined again with the fact that its fairly difficult to pull off on snake mean that this shouldnt be a problem.

Top Bottom