• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheiks DASHDance/ Foxtrot vs. Wavedash (a mini-guide)

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
except there's no logic at all that backs up that point.

your point assumes that i want to be taken at face value. okay, if you read my posts and think, "hey, this guy doesn't come out of his area, what a fraud," then so be it. i don't give a ****, i'm not trying to convince you. just write me off as another internet noob. i'm just stating what i think.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
i never said anything about your skill or the credibility of your statements

i'm just saying you shoudl show us what you got.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
He did show us xD By getting ***** by a Roy + Doc/Mario repeatedly.
BTW P, you said fox trot a lot. In the matches I didn't see much of that. I saw lots of running away + bad DI but a lack of good movement ;)

soap

Smash Hero
So... 'bout that fox trotting...
well back on topic

NOte: if u try to foxtrot against a fullout walk ull get a really short ****ty fox-trot, so dont do it, use wavedash for momentum shift, or do quick short dashdance forward then back

and a really good time to use this i stole from falco players, how after they shoot a laser at midrange they dash dance to bait out a move, i started to do the same thing with long range needles, it immobilizes them but doesnt cleanly connect to a grab, u do long foxtrot forward then dash dance to bait out move.

this makes rising needles a more effective tactic. still good to have a few charged tho)gh.

btw this was a drunk post but still very informative

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
most of it is, that doesn't mean they don't have some great players. amsah has always been one of my favorite sheiks, it just means more to me now that i can mimic much more of his stuff thanks finding out about this

his sets v armada and captain jack are some of my fave youtube sets

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Amsah had Captain Jack, that's a lot more than most people have =P

I dunno, I'm still not sure how he stacks up to American Sheiks and players in general. I mean... yeah, sure, he beat Captain Jack, but Ken did that with Marth, and his Marth lost quite badly to KoreanDJ's.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
it's funny because i read amsah post a comment within the past day that said yes, europe has a couple of players who can compete with other top players, but as an area japan (and obviously the US) is better than them

this is so standard and such common knowledge it makes me wonder by euros get so butt hurt about it

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
It's KIND OF my fault for making fun of P instead of just ignoring him. But then again, I'm sure someone else would have started this discussion either way so.....

P beat me posting. :(

It's not that Europe isn't worse as a region than North America, I'm just kind of surprised when people say that Europe gets *****. *shrugs* What do I know though.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
you didn't make fun of me, you just perpetuated your own ignorance and tried to make it out that i said something i never said

in other words, get *****

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I'd love to see that post by amsah P (not that I dont beleive you, since you prolly wouldnt say he said that unless he did cuz you'd look stupid otherwise)

soap

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsNH1M5KA38

oh my god, i have so much more respect for amsah now that i can see exactly what he's doing and how he does it

his sheik is brilliant

this helps SO much, i feel like this is exactly how sheik is supposed to play now
holy **** wind assisted edgecanceled upb after a zelda recovery.

ya i said that i basically stole sheik dash dance from him

and wow he does the nair thing too, i never realized, he was doing all this **** way before us

what is that 2007?

also P, i think europe has a ton of **** sheiks besides nihonjin, they play her different, there is a reason she is number 1 on the tier list over there

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i'm too lazy to click those links when i have no idea what your point is, just quote them

i love how you're trying to make it out like you don't care but you just keep getting trolled and trolled

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
also P, i think europe has a ton of **** sheiks besides nihonjin, they play her different, there is a reason she is number 1 on the tier list over there
'Cause they play PAL where Fox and Marth got nerfed?

soap

Smash Hero
someone told me to check out this adam kid out a while ago, he looks very solid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkSPHcRkTX0&feature=related

i simply dont know how they would match up against our top top PC chris level players, or even against the jman/raynex level, nor do i care to argue about it.

just saying...the general level of play looks very solid, and they definitely do not "suck"

even if they did suck ***, what do u gain by putting other regions down? self satisfaction? or just trolling joy?

honestly its just really dumb cuz if someday u decide to take a trip through europe or to one of the many other regions u offend and decide to visit their smash community for a little bit you may not get the warmest of welcomes. (housing etc.)

actually nevermind i dont think they actually take it that serious, im sure they would just love the chance to show you up though.

edit- 69 post for the sexy, ive just been sniping these

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i was trolling. people blew it out of proportion, i ran with it. obv europe doesn't suck but they're no NA either, they're just much sloppier

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
someone told me to check out this adam kid out a while ago, he looks very solid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkSPHcRkTX0&feature=related

i simply dont know how they would match up against our top top PC chris level players, or even against the jman/raynex level, nor do i care to argue about it.

just saying...the general level of play looks very solid, and they definitely do not "suck"

even if they did suck ***, what do u gain by putting other regions down? self satisfaction? or just trolling joy?

honestly its just really dumb cuz if someday u decide to take a trip through europe or to one of the many other regions u offend and decide to visit their smash community for a little bit you may not get the warmest of welcomes. (housing etc.)

actually nevermind i dont think they actually take it that serious, im sure they would just love the chance to show you up though.

edit- 69 post for the sexy, ive just been sniping these
can i quote this post whenever i see a european smash vs american smash discussion?

and yhea adam is really really good one of the best in holland. not exactly (one of) the best in all of europe, but he's amazing

P - i'd still love to see that amsah post. im not trying to intimidate you or something i'm curious about what he said

soap

Smash Hero
um ya, but hopefully those stop

im curious though does europe have a smash hub like our DC++ where i could download vids, i dont want to go through the trouble of ripping them off youtube.

soap

Smash Hero
P - i'd still love to see that amsah post. im not trying to intimidate you or something i'm curious about what he said
FROM YOUTUBE- lol P got me back to creepin on amsah vids, not that i havent seen them all before. i am seeing stuff differently this time around though.

KritzKun (2 weeks ago)
Europe> Japan = by farrr, I' am sorry just deal with it.

Amsah (1 day ago)
No, just no.

Sure, some of our top players can compete with theirs, but in general we're horribly inferior. Same with America.

WHERES YOUR JESUS NOW?

jus playin

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
um ya, but hopefully those stop

im curious though does europe have a smash hub like our DC++ where i could download vids, i dont want to go through the trouble of ripping them off youtube.

i like having stuff on my laptop, i may take like a week to finish watching a set and its nice not having to be near a wifi hotspot to do so.
There isn't one separate site for european smash in general, no (unless ive REALLY missed something :/). Most countries have some kind of separate forum/websites/ways to share vids etc they go to for their smash stuff (from their separate scenes).
The different smash scenes in europe aren't as closely related as the scenes in the US are im pretty sure. They're in all in different countries, with different languages, it's not as easy to travel between countries as it to travel between states in the US etc...

thanks for finding that amsah quote for me. (it sounded like he said that america is inferior to japan aswell, but i really dont think that what he meant :/)

btw-If people want to think that US is better that's 100% fine with me, I don't think you're wrong. It is also a fact that the US scene is much bigger, and for that reason US and Japan (i think, i dont really know anything about the japanese smash scene) ARE overall better then Europe. (most likely)
most competitive gamers here in sweden play PC games, shooters like counter strike and RTS's etc. many ppl don't even take console games seriously and arcades barely exist. :(

What I really don't like is this "europe cant compare to america" attitude that way to many people have. That's the only reason I've ever argued about these things. (watch P say these exact things in an attempt to troll :rolleyes:)
Like for example, if you search for Armada's combo video on youtube (it ***** :)) more then 50% of the comments are "ZOMG america is much better then U NOOBZ m2k ***** u haha". It's ****ing sad. Even if the people watching that think so they can stop being rude and just appreciate the combo vid.

I mean, think of it this way: Let's say that you play street fighter or something and most people are pretty certain that japan who have a bigger scene are better then US at that game (im just making this up as an example, i have no idea how the SF scene looks).
Everytime you'd post a combo vid of one of the US best players or just if they where mentioned or something a bunch of japanese people would come and bombarde you about how their scene is better and how the US scene can't match up and bla bla bla. That'd be pretty ****ing annoying and ********, wouldn't it? >.>

anyway i wrote alot just glad you're not like that lol

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Google översätter broar luckor!

Maybe it's just me, but I've never considered Europe Smash. They play PAL, so the metagame is different and I don't really know if I could glean too much from it.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i really like the play style of a lot of european players. i don't have a problem with european players at all, i've learned a lot from them. so i guess i formally apologize n stuff.

ima nuke this account so i figured may as well get rid of all bad karma (not that i believe in that)

soap

Smash Hero
i think it is only slightly different. the only thing that is different is the strength and properties of a select few moves.

the physics engine, hitstun, basic movement properties etc. is the same correct?

so basic strategy in obtaining first hits remains intact, so there are still things we can learn from them.

lol cactuar vocabulary.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Like for example, if you search for Armada's combo video on youtube (it ***** :)) more then 50% of the comments are "ZOMG america is much better then U NOOBZ m2k ***** u haha". It's ****ing sad.
don't be disheartened. i'm sure those are the same people who have "shined blind" as their most recent favorite.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
i think it is only slightly different. the only thing that is different is the strength and properties of a select few moves.

the physics engine, hitstun, basic movement properties etc. is the same correct?

so basic strategy in obtaining first hits remains intact, so there are still things we can learn from them.

lol cactuar vocabulary.
I think so. I dunno, just don't want to be mislead, I guess. Plus I don't really know of any really good European players, 'cept for Amsah and I don't main Sheik.

Top Bottom