• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheiks DASHDance/ Foxtrot vs. Wavedash (a mini-guide)

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
um ya, but hopefully those stop

im curious though does europe have a smash hub like our DC++ where i could download vids, i dont want to go through the trouble of ripping them off youtube.
Most European vids are on youtube, but the Dutch guy who records at all Dutch tourneys (Ryuker is his nickname) has a filefront with a lot of vids, search his username on smashboards and pm him to ask for a link. Most are vids of Adam, Zgetto, Faab and Amsah, of which Amsah and Adam are good sheik players. I know a site with vids of the latest big Norwegian tourney as well, didn't check if there are good sheik players there but the url is http://ajpanton.se/ssbm/SR4/. I did see an awesome DK in those vids. What is DC++ btw?

At least the quality is excellent, of the vids in that last link.

I really wonder how Amsah and the rest of the Europe top would play against the famous American smashers. Too bad the distance is so big and the prize money isn't comparable to those of videogames (smash is a sport :) )

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
DC++ is a hub where we chill. Look up how to connect (you'll need to download a client, no worries, the files are pretty small) and connect to smash.servegame.com.

battousai555

Smash Ace
Unrelated: SOAP/KK, is retreating bair->DD grab (or something like that) good vs. Fox? The bair would be well-spaced, of course.

soap

Smash Hero
sh autocancel bair to DD grab? ya i do something like that sometimes.

alot of times after a bair ill dash dance away back in then away and pivot another bair to catch the jump.

questions like yours are very situational, but ya it can work sometimes

battousai555

Smash Ace
sh autocancel bair to DD grab? ya i do something like that sometimes.

alot of times after a bair ill dash dance away back in then away and pivot another bair to catch the jump.

questions like yours are very situational, but ya it can work sometimes
Thanks. Another quick Q: should one ever try to contest the Fox nair with an f-tilt? I know this is noobish, but I'm just getting used to using sheik vs. fawks. /John

soap

Smash Hero
i never think its worth trading hits with the ftilt and nair, which is what will typically happen.

u get more damage and generally more knockback and end up in a worse position than them.

ftilt is still good to space with. catch them before or as they jump. dont challenge nair head on.

in general, i think short hop backwards autocancelling fairs is a better defense against super aggressive nair spammers.

battousai555

Smash Ace
i never think its worth trading hits with the ftilt and nair, which is what will typically happen.

u get more damage and generally more knockback and end up in a worse position than them.

ftilt is still good to space with. catch them before or as they jump. dont challenge nair head on.

in general, i think short hop backwards autocancelling fairs is a better defense against super aggressive nair spammers.
Nair spam is generally what I have to deal with. Thanks for the quick response! Permission to d***-ride? /jk ^^

Top Bottom