• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik/Zelda Selection Guide

Flamingo

Smash Lord
...Villi the chain transcends priority, high and low don't do anything to the chain as it just goes though it.

Anyways the chain does work very well on DK just as long as he's not grounded or has a charge up Donkey punch other then that he cannot get pass the chain at all.

If he is grounded your screwed as his down B ~I think that's when dk starts slapping the ground with his hands~ has more range then the chain so he can easily punish you.

edit: Charged up Donkey punch has super armor frames and beats the chain because of them.
That's what I figured. . . SA. Because the chain is a strength because it hits people while they are trying to perform moves, and SA disregards that.

Also, that is why you dont use chain vs. people with high long disjointed hitboxes (ZSS anyone?), and high priority projectiles. (Tristan.. NO, THE CHAIN DOESNT TRANSCEND PRIORITY. lulz.). Like it can't beat the Space Animals' lasers and Lucario's AS, while it negates projectiles such as IC's ice and probably peanuts from peanut gun, some turnips, etc.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Falco's laser, Lucario's Aura Sphere, Sheik's needles, Meta Knight's sword when not performing specials or glide attacks, and quite a few other things transcend priority, meaning they don't interact with opposing attacks at all unless the attacks could be "hit" - that is, damaged, like PK Fire or an Ice Block.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
Ankoku, I think I read in the chain forum that the chain is supposed to block PK Fire? It always seems to go through my chain and hit me. (Lucas's PK Fire.) Am I doin somethin wrong?

And I thought 2 of Lucario's AS's would collide. Dangit, why can't I remember these things? haha

popsofctown

Smash Champion
projectile collisions are their own class i think... this technical conversation escapes me. I thought my thread was about transform! It's priority = 0 !

Flamingo

Smash Lord
No they're not... Sheik can jab Samus's missiles!! It's the funniest thing EVER! xD

Btw popsofctown, in the original post, why did you say Sheik CAN'T gimp a DK? There arent any good DK's where I'm from, but when my friends use him, I can gimp the crap outta him cause of his horrible vertical recov. I mean I have a lack of experience against DK's so there could be something I'm missing.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
Oh, usually I use fairs at a low percentage until he's below the stage and chain the edge... Like I said, I don't have really any experience vs. DKs so I was just curious. :) Now that I think about it, if I were to hit him while he was already using Up+B, I'd just get hurt haha. So I take it that it out-prioritizes a RAR'ed (or non-RARed) bair also?

popsofctown

Smash Champion
yes. It has super armor, and by the time the super armor goes away all of Sheik's horizontal knockback moves do no good. (if you managed to hit DK with a backair during the last few frames of his up B, that is.)

Flamingo, when i said projectile collisions were their own class, i meant projectile-on-projectile collisions are their own class. Regular-on-projectile collisions are in fact very typical and much like regular-on-regular collisions.

First Ankoku's name was purple, then it was red, now it's light blue. I think he's transcending. Yep. He's definitely transcending into something. OMG look! He's no longer an ordinary magician!! He's an "Artistic Arcanum", some sort of EXTRAordinary magician!! I must run in fear. Wild popsofctown fled!

demodemo

Smash Ace
A wild demodemo appears!

Go! Sheik mains!

Sheik mains use chain!

it's not very effective...

Wild demodemo uses transform!

Wild demodemo is now a giant ape!

Sheik mains use needlestorm!

It's super effective!

Giant ape faints!

Sheik mains gained 3 exp!

Sheik mains levelled up!

Sheik mains are trying to learn Chain Jacket.

But Sheik mains can't learn more than 4 moves.

Delete a move for Chain Jacket? Y/N

Y

Which move?

3..2...1...poof!

Sheik mains forgot chain.

Sheik mains learned Chain Jacket!

if it were only that easy T.T

Top Bottom