• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Video Archive updated!

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Next time (or maybe later) I'll add characters and stages to the link, but I was too tired and too lazy to bother..sorry man..=]

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah you're just lucky I know the scene at least a little :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yea but actually you don't NEED to go that far :laugh:.

As long as I know the sheik player its fine I suppose. Its a little messy in there anyway.

I'm trying to think of other ways to clean it >_>

Grrr I also have to think of way to get rid of super old ones.....

Man its too early for this.

soap

Smash Hero
i see what u mean about staying safe under platforms with those sh delayed fairs. they autocancel and let the other person do nothing

eggm was getting walled in pretty bad lol

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
i see what u mean about staying safe under platforms with those sh delayed fairs. they autocancel and let the other person do nothing

eggm was getting walled in pretty bad lol
Example of what you mean? ...Just like time of one of the videos if you don't mind. :D

WHA?

Smash Ace
ive seen other character speicifc threads where videos are arranged by match up
i really like having them organized by player, but having them organized by match up would help too

for example,
vs fox
vs falco
etc

so any idea on anyone making a thread like it? or updating an existing thread with the idea implemented?

Zodiac

Smash Master
So, this is my sheik, this was my best tournament performance yet, even though it wasnt that good. But Im mostly looking for help in my general playstyle and not vs any specific character. Also zodiac = mofat

Mofat Vs bobzilla <<<I dont really know the sheik ditto that well, at all. But I think I adapted semi well here.

Mofat Vs Alien <<<This however is a match up I know very well, but I had never played against a lot of the stuff alien used.

I would really appreciate any advice you guys could give me XD

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
It's funny how no one ever replied to poor Zodiac, so I don't even think this could even qualify as 'bumping'.

Anyway, the advice:
Mofat vs bobzilla: You need to mixup your game more. Your whole first stock was nothing but dash attacks and fairs. Work on your Shino stall, of course, cuz that cost you a stock. This whole first game, the other Sheik outplayed you simply because he had more variation in his actions, making him more unpredictable and such. Instead of doing aerial needles to dash attack, try aerial needles to grab. It's very good. Also, you need to work on your edgeguarding or at least mixup how you do it. You tried to ledgehop bair gimp him twice in a row and both attempts were poorly executed and ended up w/ him hitting you w/ the Vanish explosion. At various points throughout the match, it looked like you were fishing for fairs w/out spacing them properly and most of your setups into them were w/ the overused ftilt; I saw one dtilt>fair. If you're trying to increase your repertoire of combos that end in fair, then dair is a good move to know. It has a bit of startup, but it pops the enemy up right in place for a fair or uair. It also can't be CC'd past really low %'s. During the second game, your approaches were still fairly linear as opposed to the other Sheik who WD'd around a bit and baited your actions. You don't need to WD to be unpredictable, though. Simple DDing should do it. Use the platforms that are provided for you! Yoshi's is one of Sheik's best stages for a reason. Waveland to gain mobility and you'll be able to travel all over the stage very easily, thus adding to your mixup game. Finally, you need to follow up on your grabs more consistently. Jab interrupts are usually effective for setting up regrabs at the low %'s close to 0. Higher than that and Sheik has a CG on herself. Overall, your biggest problem during this set was your lack of mixups.

Mofat vs Alien: Space yourself against Falcon. It seemed like you got that after your first couple of stocks. You also still suffered from a lack of mixups. Touch up on your edgeguarding, too. I don't think you have to jab Falcon before the regrab. His getup is slow, so I'm pretty sure you can just regularly tech chase him to death. Jabbing him gives him the chance to jab back or roll before you can grab. For this MU, Sheik needs to dominate the field by being devastating w/ her grabs. One thing you are really good with (in both sets) is reverse-needle cancelling. Work on the rest of your edgeguard game and you'll be really good in that aspect. It kinda looks like you started panicking during the 3rd stock of the last game, so you started rolling A LOT. Funnily enough, your spacing really improved your last stock, maybe you didn't want to be next to Falcon anymore so you started to respect the space a bit? :p However, don't let fear dictate your actions. That air dodge during your last stock way in the upper blast zone was uncalled for. Falcon was nowhere close to you. Anyway, it was a nice set. Your tech skill is definitely up to par. All you really need are the mixups and the edgeguards.

Now, what happened to all the Sheik vids? I know for a fact that M2K isn't retired yet! >:/

Top Bottom