• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik, the truth

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I like this thread. I don't think sheik's matchups are as bad as we have them. I think we just don't know how to play those matchups right yet.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I like this thread. I don't think sheik's matchups are as bad as we have them. I think we just don't know how to play those matchups right yet.
In my guide *Sheiks Diary* I have listed every weakness that Sheik can exploit in about 10 match ups starting with MK and moving down.

For example I looked for weakness's for Snake.
I found that he is weak when it comes to landing on the ground and taking care of people below him.
He is also weak when it comes from going from the ledge and onto the stage.

So the idea is to juggle him w/o leaving the ground.
How do you do that?
A: U-Throw
It doesn't blow up Nades unless they touch the tip of her feet. Which will almost never happen because they have to fall on her right when she thrusts her feet into the air. That and they would have to camp in the air with cypher because there is no way the nade will fall on her with that start up animation.
C4 is a joke. lol
Missile can be seen/predicted. A pivot grab/dash grab solves that problem.
Bair/any airial can be combated by shielding, and since you can see it coming you could probably get a perfect shield.

Sorry if the above only makes half sense.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
utilt beats everything snake can do. you can also sheild grab. if he doesn't already have a nade out he can pivot a nade to change momentum and land somewhere you wouldn't otherwise expect.

I like everything else you have here SL

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
utilt beats everything snake can do. you can also sheild grab. if he doesn't already have a nade out he can pivot a nade to change momentum and land somewhere you wouldn't otherwise expect.

I like everything else you have here SL
im half reading here, but im pretty sure snakes f-tilt, dash attack (not too sure about this one) and DACUS beats our f-tilt

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I meant in the air he has no attack that can beat utilt if he air dodges the second part hits.

ftilt ties with all of those I think... I know it ties with snake's ftilt jab , not 100% on dash attack. I kow it won't beat dacus but you can sheild grab that without fear. ftilt is way faster than dacus of dash attack though you won't run into those situations often.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
so... dthrow is sheik highest knockback throw. or at least it scales the best with damage. I'm starting to see what you guys like in it but. I doesn't set up anything like I imagined. air dodge can be punished at lower percents and even higher percents if you use dthrow a bunch. but past that nah. thry are out of hit stun so long before you can reach them that I just don't feel safe? you can watch and punish most of it on reaction which is nice and not true for bthrow and fthrow. both of which require you to apply something to get something.

dthrowing to get people on plats doesn't work in a way such that you can really punish most of the time they'll also have the option of not landing on it since you can DI dthrow so far in either direction or just fast fall though the plat.

dthrow to follow to usmash doesn't really work on anyone at kill percents even with an air dodge they have a lot of time to attack air dodge again or jump all the while changing their direction and momentum.

OH~ but I found out that fthow and bthrow have these same faults, since I play a lot of heavies though they have a tendency to stay closer to me despite DI.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
I meant in the air he has no attack that can beat utilt if he air dodges the second part hits.

ftilt ties with all of those I think... I know it ties with snake's ftilt jab , not 100% on dash attack. I kow it won't beat dacus but you can sheild grab that without fear. ftilt is way faster than dacus of dash attack though you won't run into those situations often.
kool, thanks for clearing that up

Top Bottom