• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik (semi) confirmed

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Does anyone happen to have a Brawl screenshot of that one animation Zelda makes after summoning an assist trophy? I don't really have access to Brawl so I can't really check for myself atm. :/

Last edited:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
It's baffling that people think Sheik is going anywhere, it was understandable during Brawl days, when we got the new Zelda and it was thought Sheik would be gone because she wasn't in Twilight Princess. But near the end of the updates we indeed got Sheik, in her new updated look based on the concept art, with Zelda keeping the same look, it's pretty much a given that Sheik is still here (even so, Sakurai would have just BS'd a new look for Sheik anyway). Sheik was revealed far after Zelda was in Brawl, this is simply the same thing, Sakurai screwing with us. The Phantom obviously isn't part of her moveset, even without the fact that she pulls off the same pose without the Phantom, the thing just does not mesh with her art style, when Sakurai kept Sheik in Brawl, he made sure she matched Zelda's look. Why would he keep Zelda the same and then just throw in a random Toon Phantom for one of her attacks? This makes no sense in the slightest.

Diddy is really starting to grasp at straws over Impa here too, there is no evidence that she is in that new Zelda spin-off (may I remind you that the game will have little to no bearing on Smash Bros?) other than a really blurry picture of a person that slightly looks like Impa. Even if said person turned out to be Impa, it is not clear at all if she is playable or not, no one other than Link has been shown to be playable, Diddy is stating theories as though they are facts, we simply do not know if Impa is in that game or if she would be playable. As much as Diddy will keep trying to say that Sheik isn't in the game, remember, Diddy isn't Sakurai, he is not making the game, and Sheik will be in whether he likes it or not, his wining will not change anything. One person disliking something means absolute ****.
i think hyrule warriors will most likely hav multiple playable characters cause thats a big thing in dynasty warriors but whether impa is or not we don't know and I would like to point out that in Gamexplains analysis they pointed out someone that looks like zelda in her TP outfit as well as someone that looks somewhat like impa

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
In regards to this topic, that pose can just as easily be a reference to Sheik as it can be Transform. We really don't know anything, so we have to wait for more info on the phantom, or wait until we get Sheik.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
i think hyrule warriors will most likely hav multiple playable characters cause thats a big thing in dynasty warriors but whether impa is or not we don't know and I would like to point out that in Gamexplains analysis they pointed out someone that looks like zelda in her TP outfit as well as someone that looks somewhat like impa
I'm not saying it's not possible for Impa to be playable in it, I'm saying that we don't know if she will be. I wouldn't be surprised if she was playable, actually.

That game has absolutely nothing to do with Smash Bros, however. It's a Zelda based spin-off of Dynasty Warriors, about as relevant as Soul Caliber that Link was in.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
but you've still got to admit she's far to slow and thats because of sheik
You only think that because you play Sonic :troll:

No, seriously, she is slow, obviously, but her attacks aren't that slow for their power (especially the aerial kicks), it's just balance. Imagine if she could move like Sheik and still deliver her powerful attacks. Also, try going fast with that dress :troll: She still could gain some speed, like Bowser. Would be cool.

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
She wasn't that bad in Melee
Well, she's terrible in both games, I don't think there's an argument to be made that if it wasn't for Brawl, she'd be a solidly designed character.
The real problem for Zelda in Brawl is the game physic. The gravity didn't help doing combos, and the momentum cancel (via air dodging for exemple) is just ridiculous.
Don't mean to offend you at all or call you specifically out on this, but this is getting a bit tiring. Everyone likes to claim that about EVERY character. The physics reduced EVERYONE'S "combo game" equally, obviously. And Zelda is probably not even designed to do or capable of huge combos, so if anything, she's one of the more unaffected characters by the transition to the Brawl physics.

And regarding the whole Sheik/down b thing, I have very simplistic views on the matter. He's holding off on showing Zelda's down b (and ONLY DOWN B) to create suspense, he very much knows that that's gonna make people raise some questions about the whereabouts of Sheik. This should be undeniable.
He's also acknowledged in the past when he was talking about trying not to cut any characters that people whose favorite character got axed will be very upset.

I am perplexed that some people here really think he would actively toy with people (which automatically includes Sheik fans, who he knows will be upset if Sheik's cut) for months, presumably, to end this nightmare with "alright guys, the wait's over, Sheik is not in the game after all!".
If she has move revamps then where are they? So far Sakurai has been quick to show off veteran revamps (Bowser and Pit for example).
This is a good point as well. If Zelda even had a new down b, there'd be no need to hide it. The suspense around Sheik wouldn't end then and there, there'd still be a chance she's a separate character and all that. He simply cannot show Zelda's down b because that'd casually reveal another character as well.

This is soo like when she was revealed on the Brawl Dojo. Exact same deal, same reactions, same everything.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Don't mean to offend you at all or call you specifically out on this, but this is getting a bit tiring. Everyone likes to claim that about EVERY character. The physics reduced EVERYONE'S "combo game" equally, obviously. And Zelda is probably not even designed to do or capable of huge combos, so if anything, she's one of the more unaffected characters by the transition to the Brawl physics.
Well, I forgot to mention that it does affect everyone. That's true. And she is clearly more affected by the need of going on higher percentage to kill that the "combo problem". But it's still problematic when it comes to spam the Up-smash at low percentage, or grabing and doing an aerial kick.
This may not affect her that much (especially the floatiness, as she was floaty in brawl) compared to other characters, but it's still a problem that affected her.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dynasty Warriors as a series has a lot of playable characters always. Impa has been shown in the announcement trailer. Same with Zelda, in TP appearance.

It's probably only me, but I really don't like the idea of just leaving an armor do the job. For exemple, ZWEI in SoulCalibur 5 can summon EIN, but it's part of his moveset, you control him, and is cool, as he does what you want him to do. If you want him to do a circular attack, you can, and it leaves you the opportunity to attack.

Now, the phantom. It's seems obvious that, if it's a move, you don't control him, as you already have to move yourself and she have plenty of moves. And it would be weird for the phantom to act like the luma. Would be bad if a veteran becomes a rip-off of a newcommer.
I agree it can protect her. It's even obvious. But landing moves far better? I really don't see how a giant armor with a big sword can help Zelda with her particular playstyle that need accuracy. The phantom can distract, but it would just be a pain to land a lighting kick with an armor slashing ennemies on it's own.
You don't use your creativity enough it seems. I see nothing that would assume to me that the Phantom acts anything like Rosalina's Lumas. No character yet has a summoning move in the current cast. The Phantom could have it's own AI, which makes you dependant on it's actions as a Zelda character. If anything, the Phantom would be most similar to the Waddle Dees that King Dedede uses.
I'm not saying it's not possible for Impa to be playable in it, I'm saying that we don't know if she will be. I wouldn't be surprised if she was playable, actually.

That game has absolutely nothing to do with Smash Bros, however. It's a Zelda based spin-off of Dynasty Warriors, about as relevant as Soul Caliber that Link was in.
Who's to say a spin-off won't be featured? Mario Kart is a definiate Mario spin-off, still got content in both Brawl and Smash For. Also, Hyrule Warriors is the first actual time we'll likely gonna experience playing other characters from Zelda. Why wouldn't it have any influence on Smash?

Am not even gasping at straws btw. Am not the one who's saying Zelda's pose means Sheik is in. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
You don't use your creativity enough it seems. I see nothing that would assume to me that the Phantom acts anything like Rosalina's Lumas. No character yet has a summoning move in the current cast. The Phantom could have it's own AI, which makes you dependant on it's actions as a Zelda character. If anything, the Phantom would be most similar to the Waddle Dees that King Dedede uses.
Hey let's not read a post correctly! :troll:

You're just repeating what I said: It can't act as a luma. And a summoning move that has his own AI is exactly what I said, and what I said to dislike.

Edit: I still need a link or screenshot of Impa in Hyrule Warriors. I saw Zelda in the trailer, but not her.

Last edited:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
You only think that because you play Sonic :troll:

No, seriously, she is slow, obviously, but her attacks aren't that slow for their power (especially the aerial kicks), it's just balance. Imagine if she could move like Sheik and still deliver her powerful attacks. Also, try going fast with that dress :troll: She still could gain some speed, like Bowser. Would be cool.
Actually I don't play as sonic much I main lucario and I think zelda is way too slow for her, I'd expect her to be pretty average in terms of stats like peach not one of the slowest characters in the game with tons of lag to most of her moves

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Who's to say a spin-off won't be featured? Mario Kart is a definiate Mario spin-off, still got content in both Brawl and Smash For. Also, Hyrule Warriors is the first actual time we'll likely gonna experience playing other characters from Zelda. Why wouldn't it have any influence on Smash?
It's a spin-off of Dynasty Warriors with Zelda slapped on it, like I said, it has about as much relevance as that one Soul Caliber that had Link in it. You might as well say that Rayman is a lock for next third party character because he had a Mario costume in Legends. It's not being developed by Nintendo, and it only has Zelda themes on it because Nintendo allowed it, you won't be seeing any special privileges for it like Smash representation. The reason I said you're grasping at straws is because you keep saying Impa is in it like it was officially announced, the most we have is a blurry screenshot that might be Impa, you don't even know if that's a playable character even if it is Impa. If you want to support Impa, fine, but don't use arguments that have no bearing on the situation. If you want to keep being in denial over Sheik, fine, just remember that it was a long time before Sheik was revealed for Brawl, so Zelda being shown alone this time means **** to her inclusion.

Your arguments are just as weak as the pose arguments, or did you not make a thread saying that the Phantom is Zelda's new move and it will be replacing Sheik? You have no proof of this, and there is evidence to the contrary, regardless of if you refuse to see it. If you truly think that the Phantom replaces Sheik, tell me why Sakurai used it instead of something that fit with Zelda's art style, he went out of his way to make sure Sheik matched Zelda in Brawl, why would he throw a random Toon Phantom in this time? Tell me why Zelda does the exact pose she does in the Phantom picture but without a Phantom in a separate picture, surely if the Phantom was her move, it would be there as well would it not? You say Sakurai wouldn't reveal an assist trophy randomly without saying it's an assist trophy? Explain Starfy in the "yellow characters" picture. You say it must be her move because it was shown on her character page? Luigi had a tree and a Pikmin on his page with no sign of either Villager or Olimar. Explain why Peach looks like she's throwing a Pikmin in one of her page images, surely Peach must have a new Pikmin Toss special. Explain why Fox has Rush in one of his page images, or why Pikachu is under Villager's tree, I could simply keep going on about this, but my point stands clear as is. The Phantom argument is as ridiculous as thinking that Olimar has been limited to three Pikmin because he hasn't been shown with more.

Last edited:

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
No character yet has a summoning move in the current cast.
Huh. Luma is being summoned by Rosalina (and then there's waddle dee, like you said yourself, and pikmin kind of).

And yes, having Phantom as an AI controlled Partner that walks around on its own, doing AI things, would be the only relatively unique option left, but then again that'd totally not be a well representated form of what's actually going on in Spirit Tracks, where you take actual control of a Phantom and not befriend it and let it do what it wants. Would be weird, but not completely out of the norm of what Smash does sometimes.

But this is just theoretical anyway, because like I said, for me the case is clear.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I'm only commenting on the phantom stuff, cause I don't care about Impa.
If you truly think that the Phantom replaces Sheik, tell me why Sakurai used it instead of something that fit with Zelda's art style, he went out of his way to make sure Sheik matched Zelda in Brawl, why would he throw a random Toon Phantom in this time?
It's clearly modified to not look toony (Except it proportions). This point mostly come down to opinion so I won't argue it too much.
Tell me why Zelda does the exact pose she does in the Phantom picture but without a Phantom in a separate picture, surely if the Phantom was her move, it would be there as well would it not?
We don't how it works and how hard hard it would be to get the phantom out of the picture. Why i'ts not there? same reason it's in the phantom picture if it's an AT, Sakurai wanted to make a cool Picture
You say Sakurai wouldn't reveal an assist trophy randomly without saying it's an assist trophy? Explain Starfy in the "yellow characters" picture.
No new character page, no new info on it, no connection to other characters, no conection to stage, was an Assist trophy last game. What would it be?
You say it must be her move because it was shown on her character page? Luigi had a tree and a Pikmin on his page with no sign of either Villager or Olimar. Explain why Peach looks like she's throwing a Pikmin in one of her page images, surely Peach must have a new Pikmin Toss special. Explain why Fox has Rush in one of his page images, or why Pikachu is under Villager's tree, I could simply keep going on about this, but my point stands clear as is.
These examples aren't comparable to the phantom thing for multiple reasons.
  1. Most of these were already confirmed what they were.
  2. those stuff has no connections to the characters, unlike the Phantom who has close connection to Zelda,
The Phantom argument is as ridiculous as thinking that Olimar has been limited to three Pikmin because he hasn't been shown with more.
Saying it's not an attack because it's only in one picture isn't much better.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm only commenting on the phantom stuff, cause I don't care about Impa.
It's clearly modified to not look toony (Except it proportions). This point mostly come down to opinion so I won't argue it too much.
We don't how it works and how hard hard it would be to get the phantom out of the picture. Why i'ts not there? same reason it's in the phantom picture if it's an AT, Sakurai wanted to make a cool Picture
No new character page, no new info on it, no connection to other characters, no conection to stage, was an Assist trophy last game. What would it be?
These examples aren't comparable to the phantom thing for multiple reasons.
  1. Most of these were already confirmed what they were.
  2. those stuff has no connections to the characters, unlike the Phantom who has close connection to Zelda,
Saying it's not an attack because it's only in one picture isn't much better.
You completely missed my point, Diddy is taking assumptions and turning them into "facts", he says that it is an attack though there is no clear indication that it is such, he knows just as much as we do, absolutely nothing. Those examples are very much comparable to the Phantom, it was used by a different Zelda in a different game and has nothing to do with this Zelda, just the same as those other things have nothing to do with the other characters. The point I tried to make with that is that the pictures were on the character's pages, which he claimed showed off character's attacks, which clearly must mean that the Phantom is an attack, I simply disproved that notion. Sakurai is blatantly showing things without clearly telling us what they are, Starfy and the Phantom are comparable in this regard. Just because some things were confirmed and some things aren't doesn't mean they aren't comparable, you say that it's ridiculous to use the Pikmin and Trees with Luigi as an argument against the Phantom and Zelda because it's been clearly shown what they are. Once the Phantom has been clarified upon people will think that all those other beliefs that it turned out not to be were ridiculous, my whole point was saying how ridiculous it is to state something we don't know as fact.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Sorry about misunderstanding, but I still do not agree with all your points.
You completely missed my point, Diddy is taking assumptions and turning them into "facts", he says that it is an attack though there is no clear indication that it is such, he knows just as much as we do, absolutely nothing.
I Really agree with you that Diddy treat far too many assumptions as facts.
Those examples are very much comparable to the Phantom, it was used by a different Zelda in a different game and has nothing to do with this Zelda, just the same as those other things have nothing to do with the other characters.
Zelda is Zelda. Both sides has to make on assumptions on this matter, since we don't know to what degree Sakurai counts the different Zelda's as Zelda. We really doesn't know If Sakurai would mix things from different Zeldas or not.
The point I tried to make with that is that the pictures were on the character's pages, which he claimed showed off character's attacks, which clearly must mean that the Phantom is an attack, I simply disproved that notion.
I think you misunderstand that argument. Depending on if one of the pictures is Nayru's Love or not, If The Phantom is an Assist trophy Zelda would be the only character without any attack on her character page.
Sakurai is blatantly showing things without clearly telling us what they are, Starfy and the Phantom are comparable in this regard.
The thing they have in common is that none of their role is confirmed, but their circumstances are different.
Just because some things were confirmed and some things aren't doesn't mean they aren't comparable, you say that it's ridiculous to use the Pikmin and Trees with Luigi as an argument against the Phantom and Zelda because it's been clearly shown what they are.
in my opinion the picture that would be most comparable to the Zelda & Phantom thing is this.
Would you have argued that Rush was an Assist trophy?
Once the Phantom has been clarified upon people will think that all those other beliefs that it turned out not to be were ridiculous, my whole point was saying how ridiculous it is to state something we don't know as fact.
I agree with that stating something we don't know as fact is stupid.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Another thing to note is that the recent pictures from NoE's facebook page showed off all Zelda's specials, except Sheik of course (though definitely hinting at it), and the Phantom was nowhere in sight.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Would you have argued that Rush was an Assist trophy?
If I would have seen this image with no prior knowledge of it being his recovery, then yes, assist trophy would have been the first thing to come to mind. Looking more closely at it, there's not much else it could be besides a stage hazard or a random cameo, but since we do know that it's his recovery, it's a moot point. I don't know much at all about Mega Man in the first place, so I couldn't have really said anything on the subject. What I do know is clear, is that the Phantom hasn't been clarified as a move or an assist, and with how Sakurai likes to do things, it's probably an assist. If people hadn't jumped to the "new Zelda move" conclusion, do you think they'd have thought it a stage hazard? I have confidence that Sheik will return and that the Phantom has nothing to do with Zelda herself.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
If I would have seen this image with no prior knowledge of it being his recovery, then yes, assist trophy would have been the first thing to come to mind.
So yeah, thing being confirmed for a role means a lot.
If people hadn't jumped to the "new Zelda move" conclusion, do you think they'd have thought it a stage hazard?
Of course not, the picture is on battlefield.
I have confidence that Sheik will return and that the Phantom has nothing to do with Zelda herself.
Even if I'm arguing for her being part of Zelda, I still think Assist is more likely. But Phantom Zelda is one of my most wanted character and my arguments is mostly so that people won't be too surprised if it does end up as part of Zelda.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Does anyone happen to have a Brawl screenshot of that one animation Zelda makes after summoning an assist trophy? I don't really have access to Brawl so I can't really check for myself atm. :/
OH MY GOD, YES! THAT'S THE POSE! WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT BEFORE!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You are a genius, I just got on Brawl and checked it. Super slow mo, zoomed in and everything, that is almost the exact pose she makes after she summons an assist trophy. That's it everybody, go home, the Phantom is an assist trophy. If anyone needs proof, someone who can get screenshots needs go on Brawl and try it, I can't get any myself. The only major difference is that Zelda's mouth is open in SSB4, but everyone is more expressive this time.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So it is?
Do a screen with your phone if you can, it could be better than nothing ^^

I ruled out this possibility as the phantom clearly isn't appearing on the moment of the ssb4 screen is taken.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So it is?
Do a screen with your phone if you can, it could be better than nothing ^^

I ruled out this possibility as the phantom clearly isn't appearing on the moment of the ssb4 screen is taken.
I don't have a phone. I'm sure there must be someone here who can get a clear screencap of it. I just messed around with it some more and I've got it paused on the pose, it's barely different other than her mouth, her right arm being slightly angled slightly different, and her dress flowing a bit more.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
I don't have a phone. I'm sure there must be someone here who can get a clear screencap of it. I just messed around with it some more and I've got it paused on the pose, it's barely different other than her mouth, her right arm being slightly angled slightly different, and her dress flowing a bit more.
Ill do it when i get home.

So is the same arms? Left is up and right is down?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Ill do it when i get home.

So is the same arms? Left is up and right is down?
Left arm is up and bent at the same angle, the hand is in the exact same position. Right arm is behind her in a similar position to the Phantom picture, it's only ever slightly angled differently. Her body is twisted about the same, her right shoulder is slightly lower, and her dress isn't flowing the same, but otherwise it's a perfect match. We can already see that character's animations have been slightly altered, just look at how animated Dedede is when he charges his hammer. I have no doubt that these two poses are one and the same, the Phantom is an assist trophy.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Left arm is up and bent at the same angle, the hand is in the exact same position. Right arm is behind her in a similar position to the Phantom picture, it's only ever slightly angled differently. Her body is twisted about the same, her right shoulder is slightly lower, and her dress isn't flowing the same, but otherwise it's a perfect match. We can already see that character's animations have been slightly altered, just look at how animated Dedede is when he charges his hammer. I have no doubt that these two poses are one and the same, the Phantom is an assist trophy.
Icompletely agree with you. I'll still take a picture when I get home.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm somehow impatient to compare it to one frame of the din's fire realease:

It also share similarities to the SSB4 pose. And there's no effects as well. (it's not me who took the screen, btw)

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
You're blatantly ignoring the fact that I've already covered that it could possibly be a taunt in the OP. I'm merely arguing which scenario is MORE LIKELY based on all of the other evidence compiled. First the Impa/anti-Sheik crowd tried to argue that her pose could simply be Din's Fire (which is now deconfirmed), then you guys clung to Phantom Knight being her new down B (which is looking less and less likely as more Zelda pics are revealed), now you guys are hoping the Sheik pose is merely a taunt and a "nod to Sheik," which would be a pretty crappy nod tbh considering Sheik doesn't even use that pose in game. Most of you are grasping at straws at this point.
I didnt ignore anything, i understand where your coming from but i just dont think we can confirm anything for sure yet. Dont just lump me in with the zealots that dont think sheik has a chance, because like i said sakurai is a creature of habit and sheik is probably a character he will continue to bring back. It wouldnt be that odd for it to be a nod to sheik, i mean weve had ganondorfs nod to a better moveset with his sword sakurai poked fun at.

If she has move revamps then where are they? So far Sakurai has been quick to show off veteran revamps (Bowser and Pit for example). All evidence points to Zelda retaining most of her Melee inspired OoT-based moveset, and Sheik is a critical part of that.
She will more than likely retain all her moves, but just because we havent seen it doesnt mean it cant be changed. We still havent seen either link's boomerang, they havent made an effort to show it at all yet.
I have the picture right here, and her arm extended is similar so i can definitely see it being altered a bit for this game. The only thing that was hard was since it was like a single frame almost all the trophies managed to clip through her in the process, but the ones that flew away managed ok

So yeah there might be something to this, so ill concede on this part since its definitely possible its the same.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I have the picture right here, and her arm extended is similar so i can definitely see it being altered a bit for this game. The only thing that was hard was since it was like a single frame almost all the trophies managed to clip through her in the process, but the ones that flew away managed ok

So yeah there might be something to this, so ill concede on this part since its definitely possible its the same.
Pick up a trophy in slow motion, her arm does bend like in the Phantom picture, you just have to pause at the right moment.
[collapse=Thanks to AncientTobacco for these screenshots!]

[/collapse]
He missed the arm bend too, but here's Zelda making almost exactly the same pose, after releasing an assist trophy.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, the mysterious Phantom pose is, after all, part of her Assist Trophy summoning animation? That's evidence enough for me to conclude that the Phantom is, indeed, an Assist Trophy.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Also, I doubt he would do it, but I'd like to remind the fact that in one of Brawl's trailer, Zelda is shown doing her entrance... Next to Link doing is side taunt. So Sakurai may be able to do what he want with the screens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM2n_BEYYD4 around 0:55
Yes he can.. He's the Developer. Remember he posted screenshots of the characters entrances on the dojo?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
It seems to be.
Somehow, I still think it's an altered Din's fire realease pose: except the left arm (wich obviously look like TA pose), she does have her right arm and especially right hand like the din's pose, same goes for the dress, upper body and head (how the head is tilted). Also, the shoulders. On the TA pose, she has a more upright posture, and there's less movement. At least that's how I see it.

Edit: In the end, I think it's just driving me crazy for something not that important (the posing)
Yes he can.. He's Developer. Remember he screenshots of the characters entrances on the dojo?
Exactly, I pointed that out on another topic.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
It seems to be.
Somehow, I still think it's an altered Din's fire realease pose: except the left arm (wich obviously look like TA pose), she does have her right arm and especially right hand like the din's pose, same goes for the dress, upper body and head (how the head is tilted). Also, the shoulders. On the TA pose, she has a more upright posture, and there's less movement. At least that's how I see it.

Edit: In the end, I think it's just driving me crazy for something not that important (the posing)

Exactly, I pointed that out on another topic.
We've already pointed out that Zelda'slefthand is not curved like in your dins fire picture.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
We've already pointed out that Zelda'slefthand is not curved like in your dins fire picture.
But we also pointed out that there could be some little modification, like Dedede's Down B :troll:

But either TA pose of Din's Fire, it's the same point: this animation (probably) doesn't belong to the Phantom.

Or it does... as an AT :troll:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I can already see where this thread is going... The anti-Sheik crowd is going to repeatedly come in here and try to argue my points down despite the fact that I've addressed them already. Instead of hearing arguments as to why Sheik likely ISN'T in Smash 4 all I'm hearing is "you can't be so sure cause of x or y reason," which quite frankly is a waste of time. I can't force anyone to believe/see what they want to. All I've done in the OP is highlight why Sheik is VERY LIKELY to make a return in Smash 4 based on what we've seen of Zelda thus far. Anyone else interested in arguing the points made in the OP will be referred to this post.

Summary of FACTS working in Sheiks favor:
1) Zelda has retained her TP look as opposed to adopting her new SS incarnation - FACT

2) Based on the plethora of Zelda pics we've seen we can conclude that Zelda has retained most if not all of her original Melee inspired, OoT based moveset. If Zelda got a moveset revamp we likely would have seen it by now (like with Pit and Bowser). - FACT

3) We've concluded that Phantom Knight is likely an assist trophy as opposed to a new move. The Phantom Knight pose is most likely her assist trophy summon pose (based on what was said on page 2). Regardless of what the pose is we recently received an entirely new batch of pics that showcased Zelda's moves... Not a SINGLE pic of the Phantom Knight was there. - FACT

4) Most important of all... Zelda makes a DIRECT reference to Sheik's Brawl pose (which to me is to me is CLEARLY a foreshadow). Sakurai LOVES to foreshadow and leave hints as to what's coming up. He did it with the Super Mario Galaxy stage before Rosalina was revealed, he did it with the Pyrosphere stage when he told us "an enemy from Samus's past might be making an appearance soon," and he's doing it now by making a direct reference to Sheik. Heck it took SIX MONTHS for Sheik to be revealed after Zelda in Brawl. - FACT

Now that I got that off my chest I'd love to hear some arguments regarding why Sheik likely isn't in Smash 4, because so far every single one I've heard so far has either been proven false overtime or isn't even remotely convincing in the first place.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anti-Sheik fanbase is after you now? :rolleyes: Man, don't try and compare yourself to what I've been doing for a far longer time after not even 2 pages or argueing.

Fact also remains that all her Specials outside of Down B have been revealed. Phantom, if an attack will likely get it's very own update to come in the future.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Also, compared to Brawl, Sheik is relevant again with OoT3D, wich is also a fact with the Gerudo stage and Saria trophy.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Anti-Sheik fanbase is after you now? :rolleyes: Man, don't try and compare yourself to what I've been doing for a far longer time after not even 2 pages or argueing.
I have very little patience for repeating myself, especially when it comes to the internet. ;)

Fact also remains that all her Specials outside of Down B have been revealed. Phantom, if an attack will likely get it's very own update to come in the future.
Ehh if Phantom Knight was an actual attack we most likely would have seen it in an update by now. In fact I don't think we've had a single update that showed off a new move for a veteran. So far if a vet has a new move it was revealed right off the bat.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Are you all going to ignore the screenshots of Zelda in Brawl pulling the exact pose that she does next to the Phantom? Sorry Diddy, it's an assist trophy.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I can already see where this thread is going... The anti-Sheik crowd is going to repeatedly come in here and try to argue my points down despite the fact that I've addressed them already. Instead of hearing arguments as to why Sheik likely ISN'T in Smash 4 all I'm hearing is "you can't be so sure cause of x or y reason," which quite frankly is a waste of time. I can't force anyone to believe/see what they want to. All I've done in the OP is highlight why Sheik is VERY LIKELY to make a return in Smash 4 based on what we've seen of Zelda thus far. Anyone else interested in arguing the points made in the OP will be referred to this post.

Summary of FACTS working in Sheiks favor:
1) Zelda has retained her TP look as opposed to adopting her new SS incarnation - FACT

2) Based on the plethora of Zelda pics we've seen we can conclude that Zelda has retained most if not all of her original Melee inspired, OoT based moveset. If Zelda got a moveset revamp we likely would have seen it by now (like with Pit and Bowser). - FACT

3) We've concluded that Phantom Knight is likely an assist trophy as opposed to a new move. The Phantom Knight pose is most likely her assist trophy summon pose (based on what was said on page 2). Regardless of what the pose is we recently received an entirely new batch of pics that showcased Zelda's moves... Not a SINGLE pic of the Phantom Knight was there. - FACT

4) Most important of all... Zelda makes a DIRECT reference to Sheik's Brawl pose (which to me is to me is CLEARLY a foreshadow). Sakurai LOVES to foreshadow and leave hints as to what's coming up. He did it with the Super Mario Galaxy stage before Rosalina was revealed, he did it with the Pyrosphere stage when he told us "an enemy from Samus's past might be making an appearance soon," and he's doing it now by making a direct reference to Sheik. Heck it took SIX MONTHS for Sheik to be revealed after Zelda in Brawl. - FACT

Now that I got that off my chest I'd love to hear some arguments regarding why Sheik likely isn't in Smash 4, because so far every single one I've heard so far has either been proven false overtime or isn't even remotely convincing in the first place.
well one point is why would zelda be doing that pose, it's not her transforming because theres no light, no sparkles no nothing. Also this is probably the worst argument ever but i would like to bring it up, zelda was awful in brawl and melee cause she was an opposite to sheik being way to slow and having tons of lag to her moves and because she was tall and floaty she was really easy to kill and I just hope sakurai sees that and removes sheik

Top Bottom