• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik players! How good is your Zelda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

S2

Smash Lord
So you main Sheik, but how good are you with her counterpart?

As a Sheik player, simply state whether you enjoy playing as or use Zelda. If you spent the time to bring her up to tournament level (well as good as she can get, since she's pretty limited next to Sheik). Or if you ever choose to play her in tournament matchups for fun to mess with newbs?

Personally, I've been practicing a lot with her. Maybe its just for showing off, but something about beating someone as Zelda really brings me joy. Although I spend most of my time playing Sheik, I'm hoping to bust a Zelda out the next tournament I got to just for fun. Hey, if worst comes to worst I can always just use Zelda's ultimate attack (Down-B).

Awex

Smash Lord
I practiced with her to the extent that I can play with her well enough to make an opening to transform back to Sheik, should I have to transform to Zelda to recover.

And yes, it is fun to sandbag as Zelda.

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
In fact I started playing Zelda before Shiek. I got pretty decent with her but then then switched to sheik.

Despite her beeing superslow, grabrange next to nothing, smashes you can sdi out of Zelda is pretty sweet, keep in mind you can spam 2 fairs/bairs("knees") in a single jump. My Zelda is the worst nightmare of my falcofriend.

Well my zelda is pretty good, except for sweetspotting

Zelda Master

Smash Journeyman
My Zelda isn't bad, but not good. You know. I'm good enough with her to do mindgames with Farore'ss Wind and lightning kicks, but that's about it. I need to work on her. :p

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I practiced with her to the extent that I can play with her well enough to make an opening to transform back to Sheik, should I have to transform to Zelda to recover.

And yes, it is fun to sandbag as Zelda.
Quoting people saves time.

AdeptLoki

Smash Rookie
Ive started to play with her more because I do want to incorporate both into my competive gameplay but the difference in terms of skill with Zelda and Sheik for me is vast

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
My Zelda is terrible. All I know how to do with Zelda is space Fair and Bair and cc into D-smash. I don't know anything else about her. And I don't have any intention of changing this.

Harbl

Smash Rookie
frankly...it's better than my sheik. That heel is just mm mm good.

lss_ryu

Smash Rookie
i cant play zelda both are counterparts cause shiek is fast and goes for quick damage to kill while zelda is slower and uses more-crushing blows...

enersha

Smash Rookie
zelda in melee is just a plain crappy charatcer, mewtwo, mewtwo anybody?
now in brawl she hits it with the best of em and shes probably better than shiek
but dont waste ur time tryin to get good with her in melee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom