• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Matchup Discussion 2011 - Now discussing Diddy

clowsui

Smash Legend
diddy vs sheik is pretty one sided when diddy has two bananas, sheik should be trying to camp for the life of her until one of the naners runs out

when it's one naner/no naner diddy v sheik it becomes a significantly closer battle

iLight

Smash Lord
The Toon Link boards are currently discussing sheik

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=297334

Please give us your input.
I don't go over to the Toon Link boards anymore b.c the last time i tried to help w/ this matchup discussion it turned into a big flaming pile and ended with a toon link telling me they were going to utilize their impenetrable wall of projectiles to beat me

MJG

Smash Hero
I don't go over to the Toon Link boards anymore b.c the last time i tried to help w/ this matchup discussion it turned into a big flaming pile and ended with a toon link telling me they were going to utilize their impenetrable wall of projectiles to beat me
I am guessing this was a long time ago because no one really flames the boards anymore but thats fine :bee:

Input from other sheiks that play the MU frequently would be nice though.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yea I remember that Light. They have some really high opinions about their projectiles lol.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
From what I've seen I stick with Lucario for this MU, although sheik looks like she could have some cool stuff in this MU. I don't know it well with sheik in particular, but I'm good w/ bananas in general among most of the characters I play.

putting yourself between them and a banana and pressuring with needles seems nice.

I can't seem to get around fair and DA -> utilt, it's annoying that when I land after these strings there's a Glidetossed banana waiting to catch me up when I try to land.

sheikamaru

jive
have you guys heard of andilex from texas? rgv in particular? i fought against him in a tourney not too long ago and it was pretty close to the wire, like every stock we'd both end up at high percents but he'd get the kill easier b/c of his naner advantage :/ but pretty much i tried doing the normal thing against anyone w/ free items. i tried my best to take control of them and diddy and i were basically on spar w/ each other

iLight

Smash Lord
i played him in a tournament and lost to him w/ sheik, though he even admits it was the brawl gods that made me lose, b/c i had him at 70% and grabbed him in the middle of Halberd during the normal part of it (The part w/ the slopes) and he air broke and i tripped doing GR->Dacus on his final stock and he downsmashed me for my death

sheikamaru

jive
alright so update.. we had a lame con at our college called gatocon (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296873&page=16) and we had brawl tourney there and i friendlied him for a good while. it was an exciting match also... and sorry to hear about that too>.< didn't know grab release works on him.. but my point is i think that i found out a counter to his monkey flip when diddy is in the kick animation. it was weird because right when he was monkey flipping i naird towards him but i was more above him and i knocked him out of it. it was more of a delayed nair where it isn't sweet spotted but still gives him the dmg but i think that's what happened. i was more above him when he was monkey flipping and it seems that only the foot of diddy is where the dmg from it is dealt.. might want to look into that more..

when was that tourney?

sheikamaru

jive
oh and btw.. i beat one guy in winners, lost to shlike in winners then in losers beat a few people and lost to broly.. i'm sure you remember him... need more marth knowledge >.>

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Diddy really isn't that bad; however, this MU is all about momentum. This and it's harder to keep the momentum since it's so easy for him to get it going. Bananas are not that hard to control and you can stop Diddy in his tracks with needles. Luckily, it takes him a bit to kill so momentum won't necessarily kill us.

A number a little more than 55-45. Just a tad more in his favor than slight since his moves have so much priority and can stop us almost everytime. Kinda annoying lol.

Top Bottom