• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Confirmed!

mad_max

Smash Cadet
Still waiting for a Sheik board...

Chop chop. Us Sheik freaks need to recover from withdrawal.

Arean

Smash Ace
hasnt she always been a she? i mean, zelda isnt a transvestite... is she?
a lot of people still cant catch the reality that she is a woman... some think of sheik as a male... thats why im pointing out her "dynamics" lol.... some people just continue their beliefs that sheik will always be a male. Heck zelda fan girls thought sheik was a guy and started fantasizing about her then at the end they get so disappointed because they find out its sheik...

Zelda92

Smash Cadet
what the ..?
We have been waiting for over half a year to see that Zelda is unchanged! :mad:

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
I have to say Sheik is the coolest looking charachter in the game. Maybe a reason to train with her. But won't it be weird to have Sheik take out the Light Arrow? Or will she transform back into Zelda for it?

Loftis

Smash Rookie
Say what you want about these people, they're pretty skilled at making us forget about delays.

Baiten

Smash Rookie
She even has the same moves...
God that is lame. I never liked the "chain" and "needlestorm" attacks, powerfull though they may be. *cough*

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
uhhhh......sheik has always been a girl zelda used magic to look more boyish...this has been know since way back after OOT was out its now just more obvious she a girl which i like the new designs yay XD
no.. in OoT, Sheik is clearly identified as male... I mean, I can see why sakurai is changing it for brawl... the thought of transexual chatracters is more than a little disturbing... but's that's the way it is...

anyway... I love sheik how she was in melee, but I would seriously nerf her aerials at least to take away their killing power and get rid of her chain throw... that might actually make you rely on zelda to get the KO

blayde_axel

Smash Master
no.. in OoT, Sheik is clearly identified as male... I mean, I can see why sakurai is changing it for brawl... the thought of transexual chatracters is more than a little disturbing... but's that's the way it is...
I'm pretty sure she was referenced as a guy for Spoiler reasons. She disguised herself as a guy so Link would even suspect it was her. Note the tape around her chest.

atom-smasher

Smash Rookie
hey maybe now we can uze the chain to tether yay!! but anyway i think TP would have been so much more vicious if shiek was in it. now back to brawl they said her final smash was the light arrows ive never seen sheik uze an arrow at all so im guessing that zelda and sheik share the smash

dk64

Smash Cadet
"Sheik doesn’t appear in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, but we based -HER- model on a design that was drafted up during the development of that game."

if there were any doubts n ur mind that sheik was a girl they had better be long gone

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I'm pretty sure she was referenced as a guy for Spoiler reasons. She disguised herself as a guy so Link would even suspect it was her. Note the tape around her chest.

Exactly. Sheik was only referenced in OOT as a male for spoiler reasons.
In-game, she was often referenced as male, but again , spoiler reasons, and also the fact it was a disguise. Ruto said she was saved by a young Sheikah boy. What good would the disguise be if Ruto said
" Oh yeah, Zelda came and saved me in some raggy clothes. ****, that gurl let herself go in 7 years"

Yeah...Ruto's pretty ghetto in my mind...

courte

Smash Lord
main this and main that... it bothers me, like trying to set up an arranged marriage... the games not out yet... for all you know that knife could be her new F-Smash[Forward for all the dikweeds who rush to say 'Loight ARROWZZ!] and the braid could be there for taunt purpose, and if she's nerfed?? if she's buffed??STFU she a vet. for a reason. there isn't a section for potatoes, just good characters

Stryks

Smash Hero
Why is it not logical that Sheik is back? I don't see a reason to cut a really popular character from the game.
Cause Zelda has her TP design, and yet she transforms into shiek, a character that didnt even appear in TP, sakurai even mentioned that...

Thus, by logic, zelda shouldnt be able to transform into shiek witout the proper sheikah training, and hey she DOES transform into shiek! *cue logic killing nuke*

MasterFeint

Smash Cadet
I blame Sheik for the delay.

Seriously though, was there any doubt she'd be back? I hope they nerf her, but I hope they don't overdo it like they did with kirby from SSB to Melee.

I think the new look is great, and much more fitting for Sheik. Even in OoT I wondered where all Zelda's hair went.

courte

Smash Lord
once again i'll say, just a tad bit disappointed that shes not somewhat separate... i guess i just wanted to see Zelda and Shiek with a new attack(Down+B) perhaps a charge trasnformation?? Working similar to Matroid Prime 3's corruption w/e, you can either charge it to do area damage with a rune when you change, or simply press twice to quick change...

Also, Gorillaz=Smash wacky and so much fun, but you always want more, and you're sad when the truth hits you like a ton of bricks [[that being said, another gorillaz album isn't likely according to band founders]]

So for the ultimate shiek video of 2008, Captain Jack must use the song Reptillia by The Strokes.

Thats is all

Althalus89

Smash Cadet
YES!

I main Sheik in Melee, and I love playing as her...

But... what good is she without wavedashing?

See this is why I h8 Melee as an tournament game.
Everybody's got a thing for glitches like Wave-dashing and Sheik,Falco & Marth abusing.
No own style whatsoever, just play with the character that has most advantage.
No, the characters should all have their flaws in Super Smash Bros. games, still since they've fixed Peach before imba down-smash I think Sheik most likely is de-bugged and wave-dashing is most certainly taken care of in Brawl so all u wave-dashers and character abusers should get your own style now I think!

Althalus89

Smash Cadet
Why is it not logical that Sheik is back? I don't see a reason to cut a really popular character from the game.
Oh but there is a possibility u know that copycats are gone and have been removed, although I don't know much but still they're not even mentioned...
And wat about our little big-headed Ness xD? Why would he suddenly become a secret character instead of Lucas? Doesn't make sense to me...

Moneyman228

Smash Cadet
Oh but there is a possibility u know that copycats are gone and have been removed, although I don't know much but still they're not even mentioned...
And wat about our little big-headed Ness xD? Why would he suddenly become a secret character instead of Lucas? Doesn't make sense to me...
Ness was replaced with Lucas, just like he was in the actual Mother 3(Earthbound 3) game. I highly doubt ness will make an appearance in SSBB, unless he is a trophy.

Shiek is back! W00t! Smash is delayed till March? :mad:!

Since Shiek is back, that gives me even more reason to believe Falcon will return(it would be utterly idiotic for them to dump a well established character like Falcon, but have a bunch of stupid characters from 1-hit wonder games(I'm talking about you Ice Climbers!)).

P.S: I hate wavedashing to, I would love it if it didn't exist. Shiek owns whether you use wd or not. Don't know if she will kick arse in SSBB though...

SilverWolf

Smash Rookie
Yeah! Sheik is back!
But... Isn´t she too strong? I thought Brawl characters were all balanced...

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
You know, it's about the unique movesets just as much as their prominence in games :-/

Why do you think Sheik will be too strong? Noone has been able to play as her yet, for some reason everyone assumes they'll be the same as they were in Melee. >.>;

You have to admit, Sheik looks cool, and why does everyone keep saying "Sheik is only popular because of Melee"? You can't really say that, sure Melee increased Sheik's popularity, but many of those who played OoT liked Sheik since they first played that.

And to people who say "She's only popular because of Melee", So what!? Ice Climbers are only popular because of Melee. Mr G&W actually has a presence because of Melee, Fire Emblem was brought to the west because of Melee.

What did you expect? Did you want Sakurai to pull a unique moveset and popular character because OoT is now 10 years old?

And yeah, I wanted the transformation to be a taunt too... there are 3 of them, so it's a shame to waste a move like this... Maybe they never actually thought of that. :ohwell: it's a shame... it would have been ideal.

Cause Zelda has her TP design, and yet she transforms into shiek, a character that didnt even appear in TP, sakurai even mentioned that...

Thus, by logic, zelda shouldnt be able to transform into shiek witout the proper sheikah training, and hey she DOES transform into shiek! *cue logic killing nuke*
I think I missed the part when Sakurai said your "logic" mattered more than his development and design teams'. And besides, it's not "logic killing" Smash Bros HAS no logic. Captain Olimar is only a foot or so shorter than Bowser.

And I think you missed the part of the update which said:
but we based her model on a design that was drafted up during the development of that game.
Yes you heard it for the billionth time people, Sheik was planned for TP at some stage in the game, not that it matters, if she wasn't to be in TP she still would have gotten in.

Venraneld

Smash Cadet
I love Sheik's new look. I thought they might change it a little more from the old model, but I'm very happy with how this one turned out. I love the ponytail and, uh....boobs. Heh heh. :)

Also I'm agreed that wavedashing is ********. It's cheap and makes the game look ugly and broken.

Moon/Sun

Smash Apprentice
The one update I've been waiting for since the dojo opened is here!!
With that my roster is complete as Sheik was my secondary in Melee so I'm glad she was finally announced. I'm hoping she's given more combos this time around instead of single strikes.

Kapusta.KO

Smash Cadet
See this is why I h8 Melee as an tournament game.
Everybody's got a thing for glitches like Wave-dashing and Sheik,Falco & Marth abusing.
No own style whatsoever, just play with the character that has most advantage.
No, the characters should all have their flaws in Super Smash Bros. games, still since they've fixed Peach before imba down-smash I think Sheik most likely is de-bugged and wave-dashing is most certainly taken care of in Brawl so all u wave-dashers and character abusers should get your own style now I think!
Yeah I agree with you, removed wavedashing, and nerfing superior characters will make SSBB a more balanced game, however dont have hate towards people that did abuse fox, falco, sheik, marth etc because why the hell should we play with lower class characters? I mean...do you WANT to lose? No...I didnt think so, however yes, I do hope that they fix everything up. SHEIK FTW.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I DO NOT CARE FOR A DELAY ANYMORE!!!!

THIS IS THE BEST NEWS YET EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER!

DEALY THE GAME FOREVER!

for i am SO freaking happy.
I actually had a reaction that was quite similar to this. Though if they push it back any farther there will be blood.

Top Bottom