• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik can move slightly faster

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
maybe y'all know this already but i figured i would post it anyways...

you guys may or may not know that when you run off platforms and do b moves you can slide off of the platform (vanish glide anyone?) well you can do the same thing with thrown and with charging needles... if you start to charge your needles immediately as you slide off the platforms you get a boost in speed - then you can cancel the charge immediately and you'll just recieve a quick boost in speed with no lag from the charge...

it's fun to throw needles and edgeguard with this as well - if you time it right you can even get a needle to throw directly forward then have you slide off the edge with no lag - which is perfect for ko'ing falcos with a needle in his illusion followed by a double jump fair

anyways - i thought you'd all enjoy this because its fun and it makes sheik a bit faster off platforms and edges

n_n

clowsui

Smash Legend
this is exactly why i don't play spacies against sheiks because i know gimps will occur, and what better person to find gimping tools than gimpy

/WC puns

but yeah nice trixies gimpy, gives me a reason to sheik ditto other sheiks...or just go marth instead.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
Big thumbs up, I've done this without realizing it and rediscovered it in practice. Gotta love it ^_^

Squidster

Smash Ace
Frigate orpheon

Wait for platform to almost light up

Shoot straight needle off the edge and land with no lag -> run forward and grab. Its like needle canceling all over

demodemo

Smash Ace
known, the idea for use was also noted, but not mastered yet.

i don't think the speed difference is going to be important enough in most situations

demodemo

Smash Ace
hmm, can you do this with a b reversal? if so, it can maybe lead to an autocancelled bair, which would be totally awesome

can't do b reversals and this thing, (some people are calling it b boosting) since my technical skill sucks pretty hard.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I found this it's called needle boosting apparantly :D

I found it a lil useful for edgeguarding in a way because you can cancel te charge with the boost offstage, reverse needle switches the momentum play around with it

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
hmm, can you do this with a b reversal? if so, it can maybe lead to an autocancelled bair, which would be totally awesome

can't do b reversals and this thing, (some people are calling it b boosting) since my technical skill sucks pretty hard.
Yes you can, but it takes a little longer.

Hit backwards on the joystick when you would usually press B to B-Boost. (All characters can B-Boost).

Sheik will turn around and stop on the edge just for a second. Press B at this point and she will do a reversed B-Boost. From here you can choose to shoot needles underneath the stage or jump and B-air.

Top Bottom