• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shaving AKA: Crystalnite's Hairy Scheme

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
We are mostly male, so we all mostly shave.
When we shave, the hair grows back, and during puberty it will grow back faster and rougher.

Does this same principle apply to other areas that can be shaved, aside from the cranium?
What about stomach hair, chest hair, back hair, etc.? Has anyone experimented with this and found that if they didn't keep shaving these areas, it would itch like an itching machine? Or has anyone been successful in their endeavors to groom their broom ?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I ****ing hate shaving. My skin is REALLY sensitive so I have to do a rather long process to shave. Essentially, I use bar soap to make lather, an aloe base, and a moisturizer to avoid razor burn. If I miss ANY of that, it's bad.

Cookiez

Smash Ace
It's a common misconception that shaving hair makes more hair grow back, faster. It does indeed /look/ thicker, because you've cut the hair at it's widest point. It also feels harder as it goes by the same principal as things such as rulers, the shorter they are, the harder they are to bend. It only seems like it's growing faster as most men start shaving during puberty, when the hair grows faster anyway.

Anyway, I shaved my pubes of recently. The first day was fine, but the next 2 days were pretty much hell :p! The itching was awful, but luckily stopped after the hair grew longer. Now, i'm jus keeping it trimmed. Heh :D

Sounds painful Crimson King :S. My skin is like iron.

Plazma

Smash Apprentice
a good investment would be one of those norelco electric ones. seriously why go through all the hassle of regular shaving. go electric. I am never using anything else than that

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
I really don't enjoy shaving. It's an annoying process, especially that I have a goatee. Makes it harder to maintain, but it's worth it. I have sensitive skin, too. I just have to use good shave gel. I use the newest Edge gel and a Gillette Fusion Power razor. I _hate_ paying for those razor replacements, but it really is the smoothest, easiest, most comfortable shave I've had. I always recommend that people who have any troubles shaving or skin irritation should consider trying it out. I have really odd chest hair, so I usually trim that down a bit. As for Cookiez stuff, I shave there about as regularly as my face. The first couple times was hell and I regretted it, but I guess my skin just got used to it. Zero pain or irritation now.

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
Well, once i shaved a small 1x1 inch square in my leg, just for...'fun'... wasnt really fun but more like boredom, and it grew back normal, like the other leg, the weird part is that I have really really hairy legs, for some reason, so i just had a bald square in my left leg XD

For my face, i use pretty much any shaver, my bro's shavers mostly, plus i got no sensitive skin, so it doesnt really matter, regularly i just use water, but once in a while i'll use gel, it feel so smooth and soft afterwards.

EDIT: I'm waiting to have a full beard, if i ever get to have one XD so i let it grow much hehe, i'd love to have big beard, dunno why.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I hate shaving. I have very coarse hairs and can go through a razor in two to three shaves. Also, if I don't use aloe shaving cream I get really bad razor burn.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Oh boy, I hate shaving.

Usually I just shave with the electric shaver. It's not as close but gets the job done without the burn and looks average.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I'm hairless :bee: (I'm 18)
The only thing I use sometimes is the electric shaver for some facial hair.

(lol at the tag)

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I only get a moustache and things, and I haven't bothered shaving my pubes. I hate shaving though, but I like it when I've shaved, if that makes any sense.

Mostly, I think lazyness is the reason why we don't like shaving.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Shaving isn't that bad for me, thankfully my skin doesn't irritate easily.

The only problem is my beard grows back pretty quick so I often can't be bothered to shave, and like Remo said maintaining a goatee is pretty annoying. Maintaining my sideburns is annoying too.

Thing is though if I let my beard grow alot I feel like a tramp. As soon as it's gone I feel really light and fresh lol.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
I'm so lazy i haven't shaved for the past 2 weeks. Yeah, I look pretty terrible. I'm on the verge of snapping but I'm cramming too much for exams to find the time. :laugh:

If only it was socially acceptable to walk around with horrible facial hair.

I suppose girls have it worse at least.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
When I had my exams I didn't shave for a good month lol.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I despise shaving on so many levels. My skin is SUPER sensitive and looks horrible because I'm too lazy to try to find alternate hair removing solutions or better ways to shave... which I probably should do, but that won't make the process any less annoying... or will it? @_@ Meh either way I still hate shaving completely and really wish I didn't have to.

Qzzy

Smash Journeyman
I've never used a good electric shaver. My dad never used so i never knew what to look for. I just use some basic electric razor for trimming, which works out for my chinstrap, or if i want go with some solid stubble.

My skin has toughened up over the years. i've only had major irritation on my crouch. Man, this what happens when you have too much free time.

I feel bad for girls. I always tell them stop shaving. At least all the way. Just get a good electric. I don't mind the stubble. I don't think most guys care either. Save the razor for special days.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Remember if you have sensitive skin, to keep it nice and taut. I usually shave just the typical "stache" i'm hoping for a go tee. But anyways i also shave my legs, and yeah in my case the hair does grow back faster and thicker, i wouldn't be too sure to apply this to ares of the body, but i'm sure there are some principles that apply. I have a friend that shaves his arms, and the hair seems to grow back the same "thickness".. but idk.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Remember if you have sensitive skin, to keep it nice and taut. I usually shave just the typical "stache" i'm hoping for a go tee. But anyways i also shave my legs, and yeah in my case the hair does grow back faster and thicker, i wouldn't be too sure to apply this to ares of the body, but i'm sure there are some principles that apply. I have a friend that shaves his arms, and the hair seems to grow back the same "thickness".. but idk.
Exactly the kinda thing I was scared of. I dont want my legs to turn into shrubs just because I experimented with shaving them.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I'm lucky not to have very sensitive skin not to mention the fact that I only have to shave like once a week. Just a heads up for everyone, it's a really stupid idea to shave with headphones in especially if you're not paying attention at the time. Learn from my mistakes.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
It seems to really depend on the person, too. I shave my body once a week (guy), and it takes about an hour if I want to do it right. I find it easiest to work from the crotch upward, then the legs last... it just feels faster and my legs are what I find hardest to do so it's like I save the biggest part for the end and I don't have to see the rest of my body with hair all over while I'm getting rid of the hair on my legs :p Eww I hate my body hair, so gross. If I don't get the right kind of razor or if I don't follow my proper shaving routine I can end up with "rashes" (razor burn for legs) and stuff like that so it's important to know the right way to do it, but it can only come through trying it yourself since it varies so much on who it is.

I don't have that much body hair naturally anyway, not very coarse and not very thick. Like I said it depends on the person.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Fortunately, I don't have to shave everyday. Unfortunately, that's a bad thing too. I think stubble is sexy and I'm not able to grow it. Anyway, for pubes. I did that twice. It was so ****ing amazing. I got a hard on from those times. The thing was that when they grew back a few days later, the irritation was Dante's Inferno. I'm just going natural with it now on that side of the spectrum. However, I do like to keep my testicles trimmed.

Luckily, I only have to shave every week or two. My facial hair is pretty undetectable until a month later, but its usually just whiskers above my mouth and on my chin. I shave the sides of my face too, just because I can since my skin on my face has no problem whatsoever with my razor. :D I feel sorry for all of you. And like most of you have already said, shaving is a *****!!

Fiend's_Knee

Smash Apprentice
I'm a very hairy person unfortunately. Generally am not to bothered but my facial hair is really thick in some parts, even when I clean shave it's all just kinda blacky-grey where the hair will grow back. I don't actually shave that often because of the effort it takes at times and I don't like the feeling after I shave and that feeling lasts for a couple of days. I just use an electric shaver now mainly just to maintain a decent amount of stubble. Sometimes I style my beard but I have to constantly trim it every two days which is annoying so eventually I stop trimming it and it loses its style.

The main problem I have with my body hair is at the top of my back as its quite unsightly and hard to actually get rid of, I've never tried shaving anywhere else on my body like my chest or crotch or anything really, I've heard its incredibly itchy so I've never felt the urge to try it.

but regardless, I hate shaving, and I think I suit having facial hair anyway.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
lol, I know a bit more about some of you than I probably should ;).

Nothing special here for the most part. I use an electric razor because I'm lazy when it comes to this stuff (and I likes teh stubblez).

One odd thing about my facial hair is that it's completely asymmetrical in how it grows. It grows full and all along the chin line on the left side of my face, but the right side is so sparse it's close to bald between the sideburns and chin hair. Very weird, and it forces me to shave the left side right off. Blah.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I prefer to leave my happy trail and stubble on my mustache. Shaving isn't really that big of a deal, I feel however that I get more of a burn with electric razers then I do doing it the old fashioned way as in none lol.

Fenvir

Smash Cadet
Woah woah, mostly guys on here so everyone mostly shaves; I am sure 100% (or at least I am praying) of the girls shave, with only like 90%? of guys on here shaving (got those pre-puberty young-uns). Am I right?

Question is: Electric or Razor?

Personally I do it Croc Dundee style. Well, once.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Woah woah, mostly guys on here so everyone mostly shaves; I am sure 100% (or at least I am praying) of the girls shave, with only like 90%? of guys on here shaving (got those pre-puberty young-uns). Am I right?

Yeah we got some premies, the ones who haven't let there balls drop. Something i just reazlied is that when i shave my legs i use a razor and that hair grows back thicker. And when i shave my facial hair (towards the cheeks) i use an electric razor, and the hair that gets treated with the electric razor grows back slow and same thickness, whereas my leg hair is generally thick and full grown by the following morning.:p

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I'm hairless :bee: (I'm 18)
The only thing I use sometimes is the electric shaver for some facial hair.

(lol at the tag)
You should be proud about this?

Anyways, I'm 15, and already shaving pretty much every other day. :( I have really thick, black hair, so it's really noticeable really quick.

I once considered shaving my legs and pubes, but after I did the math, I realized I didn't have enough razor heads to use. And anybody know why head & facial hair keep on growin', but everything else only grows to a certain length?

Also, great idea: Get a woman's leg down the inside of your left arm (foot at the hand), and another leg down from your left armpit (foot down). That way when you wave to someone with you shirt off...

Mugquomp

Smash Ace

Um, I have lots of female friends who don't shave. Something about subverting heteronormative behaviors and male imposed societal rules, I think.

Oh feminism, how I love thee. [not sarcasm. i like to consider myself a feminist as well]

Anyway, I recently decided to stop shaving my face. I'm gearing up for winter time with some facial hair. Let's see if I can pull off a full beard this time instead of just a goatee like last winter. Right now I'm still in that awkward in-between stage.

Oh, and just to reiterate the point that some people made before, shaving does not make hair grow back faster and coarser. It only appears that way because it is sharp where it was cut, hence feeling coarser.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I feel bad for girls. I always tell them stop shaving. At least all the way. Just get a good electric. I don't mind the stubble. I don't think most guys care either. Save the razor for special days.
God, if only it were that easy. Yes, I'm thinking about getting some electric thing because the razor is a humongous pain in the ***, I end up wasting a lot of water in the shower, chances are I'll miss hard to reach areas, the blade dulls quickly, and the stubble - which I CANNOT get rid of - ALWAYS ends up bleeding somehow.
And unlike having a beard, it's not socially acceptable.

Whoever came up with this **** was some sadistic closet pedophile.
Yes, you did hear pedophile right - the whole hairless thing is clearly made to imitate a prepubescent child.

I don't shave in the winter. I'm a celibate and I'm always cold so I wear pants and therefore I don't need to.

JLynn943

Smash Ace
I had the whole full beard thing going on for a while, but I wasn't really maintaining it, so it didnt look too great. I just trimmed it quite a bit the other day though.

I've been thinking about styling it, but I don't know what to do or how to do it properly.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
a good investment would be one of those norelco electric ones. seriously why go through all the hassle of regular shaving. go electric. I am never using anything else than that
its cool to use this on your face, but try cutting your pubes with it. I have a norelco snazzy shaver my moms got me for xmas and i use it on my face but when it comes time to do the pubies, that **** took an hour. i kept having to clean it and stuff. so i just went to the grocery store and got a 10$ barber kit with a trimmer/shaver. I keep that just for when the forest gets out of control down there.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
&quot;So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo

I hate it when girls don't shave. Feeling stubble on a girl's leg is so blegh to me. If you're in a situation where you don't have to shave (i.e. no one's gonna know) then that's fine, but please don't let me know about it. :p

While we're on the topic of girls: do girls know when they have peach fuzz on their face... and just choose not to shave it? What's the deal :)

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
Well, once i shaved a small 1x1 inch square in my leg, just for...'fun'... wasnt really fun but more like boredom, and it grew back normal.
I... I did the same but for my whole leg. But here's the thing...... IT NEVER GREW BACK! ;_;
Actually, it only grew in the bottom of my leg just above my feet. It grew much thicker and longer but that's it. Everything above that spot is almost hairles! It looks really weird. I'm too embarrased to go swimming which is my second favourite hobby(videogames being the first). It really sucks. I tried several times to shave it but not much progres has been made. I trimmed it down and it only looks half as weird now. This absoloutly sucks! Shaving is a ***** indeed. *cools down*

I hate it when girls don't shave. Feeling stubble on a girl's leg is so blegh to me. If you're in a situation where you don't have to shave (i.e. no one's gonna know) then that's fine, but please don't let me know about it. :p

While we're on the topic of girls: do girls know when they have peach fuzz on their face... and just choose not to shave it? What's the deal :)
Agreed. Nothing's more annoying than a hairy girl.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
I'm way too lazy to shave on a daily basis. But when I have to, I usually just need to shave the side burns and the beard. I don't shave too often either, usually just once or twice a week. I've never shaved the pubes though... and I am too scared to experiment O_O!

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
I'm way too lazy to shave on a daily basis. But when I have to, I usually just need to shave the side burns and the beard. I don't shave too often either, usually just once or twice a week. I've never shaved the pubes though... and I am too scared to experiment O_O!
Don't shave pubes? Well in your case it's not like anyone else is gonna have to see them :laugh:
Go ahead experiment, that way you have something to tell your grandkids... MOHAWK!

Top Bottom