• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
So this basically confirms her for next time right? She got the deluxe premium treatment. This bout as good as we could get if she wasnt actually made playable.
Shantae didn't get a deluxe mii costume. Deluxe mii costumes are mii costumes that fully cover the mii's head completely.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Matt bozon tweeted about shantae in smash, and thanking everyone.

So, whats a good custom mii brawler set for shantae?

And if someone can make a great shantae mii face for me, i would love that

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

I think we'll have to experiment to see. But shot put is kinda like a canon ball right? :p

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Ah least the costume looks good. Plus a song. That's better than nothing.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Man... that was a bittersweet ride. Though honestly, as I had said, I preferred a Mii Costume here and now over having nothing at the end, so no more anxious waiting or any pains for worse crushed dreams. And getting a Burning Town in the mix is also not too bad. I guess this is we'll get off. Though that might mean Crash might come over next then. So there's no shortage of adventure, and no shortage of past cringe for me to go back on lol

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Shot put cpuldnfit canon ball for sure. I think that 1 camand grab cpuld act like one move from the first game
Maybe. I kinda liked seeing the fire kick tho. Really I don't think it matters too much :p
But I'd be curious to hear which moves do feel the closest to cannon moves.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
You know what? I'm not even that bothered. She looks really good! Heck, she's apparently going to be a deluxe (PreMiium) Mii costume since we seem to be getting Burning Town as a new song!

And if I'm being honest? There was always a part of me that felt as though Shantae just... wasn't happening for this game. That said, this was kind of my reaction (in a joking manner, of course).

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
The amount of Shantae content we have now wouldn't have happened if we, the fans, didn't stop supporting Shantae. I'm proud that she got a great looking Mii costume and even a music track. Never stop supporting our half-genie hero. There is always next time. I want to thank everyone here for supporting Shantae this whole time. It's sad to see it end like this, but I believe it was all worth it in the end.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Standard: Shot Put (think bouncing ball subweapon in Seven Sirens)

Side: Burning Dropkick (Gotta have at least one fire move)

Up: Soaring Axe Kick (the rising kick from the original)

Down: Feint Jump (air recovery from Pirate's Curse and diving kick from original)

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Well for now it has been fun guys. I can't wait to play as Shantae in Smash Ultimate later today.

Oh well. We just have to be patient for a few more years till the next Smash game entry. Till next time guys, keep on wishing.

#ShantaeForSmash6

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed.

But the fact that she even got this much content in the game is certainly impressive. They at least acknowledged that she was a popular request for the game.

She might have missed out this time, but hopefully next time things will be different.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Just be careful with twitter since salt will be intense as the months approaches for the FINAL fighter.

We got off the boat early, so the pain isn't as bad. Others with their character's fate still unknown, I wish them good luck and stay grounded.

Last edited:

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I do have to complain about one thing involving Miis this presentation.

...Where’s the King or Armor King Mii? That’s like... the easiest Mii costume they could’ve done, it’s just a Jaguar head!

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
It might not be the result we wanted, but honestly, I think this song is a pretty good way to basically serenade Shantae as a Mii Costume while using an epic ending song :p

I'll admit, it's so confusing they didn't go through with Tekken-themed costumes beyond the Heihachi costume. I do appreciate they want the popular picks as Mii Costumes this time around, but still, it's confusing as all kinds to me.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I think this is a big win for shantae. Shes playable in a way, has music, has a great costume, and sakuariniutright said these were highly requested characters, so they could have a future for the next smash game. All absolute wins

Maybe. I kinda liked seeing the fire kick tho. Really I don't think it matters too much :p
But I'd be curious to hear which moves do feel the closest to cannon moves.
Yeah the fire kick is probably best.

You know what? I'm not even that bothered. She looks really good! Heck, she's apparently going to be a deluxe (PreMiium) Mii costume since we seem to be getting Burning Town as a new song!

And if I'm being honest? There was always a part of me that felt as though Shantae just... wasn't happening for this game. That said, this was kind of my reaction (in a joking manner, of course).

Yeah she looks great, for a second i was sad but then that changed to joy.

Y’know what? We’re being extra positive today.

A while back someone said if Shantae got in, they’d solo World of Light NG+ with Shantae only, and I said I’d match it. Well, I’m gonna do it with ShantaeMii!
Im glad we arent having a massive meltdown like the poor geno thread did. Good on us.

Standard: Shot Put (think bouncing ball subweapon in Seven Sirens)

Side: Burning Dropkick (Gotta have at least one fire move)

Up: Soaring Axe Kick (the rising kick from the original)

Down: Feint Jump (air recovery from Pirate's Curse and diving kick from original)
Perfect. Gonna use those for sure. And yeah, gotta make a good mii for her as well.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
These Mii Fighter deconfirmations were crazy this time around! Ah, well. I was really hoping that maybe... But at least her costume is well detailed, and we get a great music track to go along with it! Perhaps she'll be a front-runner for the next Smash title, whenever that is.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Im glad we arent having a massive meltdown like the poor geno thread did. Good on us.
Eh, let's be careful, man. I already know at least one person having a quiet meltdown. There are surely others that'll follow.

This does canonically mean Shantae got a Smash Invitation Envelope, since Cuphead got one as well in his costume reveal :p

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I feel like they purposefully picked these 4 miis for this pass because theblast fighter is the last, and they wanted to show some highly fan requestes characters some love and not let them hype themselves out for the final character

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It is getting near the end, only one character left. So it makes sense for them to pay tribute to some fan requests.

Sure I'm not glad she's not a fighter, but at this point I didn't expect her, so this is a win for me.
I also wonder who's the last character.

Top Bottom