• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Comedic Comrade

Smash Journeyman
Imran Khan has cast doubt on Crash Bandicoot being the next character, and possibly being DLC in general. Given everything going on at Activision at this point in time, especially with the 5 year plan leak most likely being fake, Crash is either deconfirmed like Ryu Hayabusa or is in very hot water. Then again, Khan's comments should be taken with a grain of salt.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Imran Khan has cast doubt on Crash Bandicoot being the next character, and possibly being DLC in general. Given everything going on at Activision at this point in time, especially with the 5 year plan leak most likely being fake, Crash is either deconfirmed like Ryu Hayabusa or is in very hot water. Then again, Khan's comments should be taken with a grain of salt.
Yeah honestly I doubt he would know such things THIS early, about who is in or who isn't in for that matter. Really depends if he just RT saying "no" to that article just to **** on fans thinking smash characters are leaking all the time so gullibly… OR if he actually knows somehow that they never negotiated a character. Maybe he knows what the actual project those 2 VAs are teasing is really about, and that's how he knows it's not about Smash.

Of course, he won't answer if you asked him which was the reason for saying no, lol. So we won't ever know the reason behind his "no".

Either way, I already had 101% doubts that the VA stuff had anything to do with Smash, specially when DLC reveals so far have only had the VA of the fighter joining in + a cast of current fighters from the roster, never an extra character from the new fighter series, so Neo Cortex's VA being also involved in whatever they were teasing, already doesn't sound like Smash, in my opinion anyway. Plus Nintendo wouldn't let anyone tease a Smash reveal, specially this close. They are strict as hell about their big surprises (or surprises in general even).

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Just another mudslinging attempt as E3 creeps closer each passing day. No surprises there.
Screenshot_20210522-211818_YouTube.jpg

Now, playing out a scenario for E3's inevitable reveal. If the challenger is not Crash Bandicoot and Challenger 11 decides to appear as well, WHO will be revealed?

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Well, Limited Run Games is furthering their Quest to make a physical copy of every Wayforward game ever as they have just announced they will be publishing a physical version of Double Dragon Neon.

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Pretty good! If I can add a suggestion? I'd add the Wyverrian Earrings as it would give her pointy ears, which Shantae has :D
Hrm, I didn't see that option going through the sets. I'll double check, is it something that needs a specific condition to unlock?

Probably could have used Chameleos's genie lamp light bowgun as the weapon of choice too.

Edit: never mind, forgot the ears were DLC.

Last edited:

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
Hey, any news about what day of E3 the Nintendo Direct is gonna be on?

Gotta make sure I’m off work. Priorities and all that.

Dukefire

Smash Master
E3 will last for 3 days June 12-15
Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Nintendo hasn't made any announcement yet, but June 12 seems to be their ideal day to post their Nintendo Direct for the Summer.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
E3 will last for 3 days June 12-15
Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Nintendo hasn't made any announcement yet, but June 12 seems to be their ideal day to post their Nintendo Direct for the Summer.
That's actually 4 days. And I'm actually going to predict June 15th for their presentation since historically their E3 directs are always on a Tuesday.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
That's actually 4 days. And I'm actually going to predict June 15th for their presentation since historically their E3 directs are always on a Tuesday.
I believe they'll air their Nintendo Direct on the 12th or 13th and then do a treehouse demonstration for their announced games for the following days.

zferolie

Smash Hero
so, has there been any waves in the speculation, or has nothing changed? I saw the comments on crash, and I could see that happening, even if I feel he could still be likely. I also was feeling Reimu was looking good before but haven't heard anything else....

I assume no leaks or hard deconfirms right?

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
so, has there been any waves in the speculation, or has nothing changed? I saw the comments on crash, and I could see that happening, even if I feel he could still be likely. I also was feeling Reimu was looking good before but haven't heard anything else....

I assume no leaks or hard deconfirms right?
Nope, things have been pretty airtight.

People will claim who they think is the most likely, and try to find evidence... but remember that the discussion was dominated by all the “evidence” that the Game Awards reveal would be Dante, Doomguy, Crash, or Jonesy.

It’s anybody’s game.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Well, Nintendo's E3 might be interesting this year. Already they announced the box art and release dates for The pokemon gen 4 remakes and Legends Arceus. Rumors were that there would be a pokemon presents before E3, but now they might skip that with not much to show off.

Also rumors of a Switch Pro are swelling up again with Bloomberg and Emily Rodgers both saying an announcement is soon (some saying before E3 with an estimated release by September or October)

Who knows if any of it is true, but at least there is a short shelf life on these rumors and we will know soon enough.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Oh, in case you didn't hear from another post. SEGA will be having their livestream for Sonic's 30th anniversity for the projects coming soon today. Depending on your timezone.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I am really torn on a switch pro... im already having trouble finding a ps5, i dont want to have to try and find a switch pro as well.

As for sonic, super excited for that stream. I hope we get a cool new game... adventure 3 is my dream

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I am really torn on a switch pro... im already having trouble finding a ps5, i dont want to have to try and find a switch pro as well.

As for sonic, super excited for that stream. I hope we get a cool new game... adventure 3 is my dream
Apparently there have been a lot of rumors about a Sonic collection as well as a modern port of Colors. As for a Switch Pro... I can only hope Nintendo has seen what happened with Micro and Sony, and have seen the measures they have started taking to make getting products outside of scalpers hands. Then again I remember when I was trying to get the Magnamalo pro controller and that didn;t turn out too wel...

zferolie

Smash Hero
Apparently there have been a lot of rumors about a Sonic collection as well as a modern port of Colors. As for a Switch Pro... I can only hope Nintendo has seen what happened with Micro and Sony, and have seen the measures they have started taking to make getting products outside of scalpers hands. Then again I remember when I was trying to get the Magnamalo pro controller and that didn;t turn out too wel...
Yeah heard about those 2 games, but i hope its more then that. I didnt care for colors myself. I want a big NEW game for sonics 30th. Mario gave us nothing new, so i hope sonic does better.

And nintendo taking precautions against scalpers? What is this bizarro world?

Dukefire

Smash Master
My guess is that Nintendo's surprises are going to be BIG. Including Sakurai's news with Ultimate's remaining DLC lifespan.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
My guess is that Nintendo's surprises are going to be BIG. Including Sakurai's news with Ultimate's remaining DLC lifespan.
One can hope. Tho the idea of a more powerful Switch coming as soon as September seems kinda outlandish, it would certainly be exciting. Especially if Devs start releasing patches for their older switch games to take advantage of the alleged 4K upscaling. Pokemon Snap already looks phenomenal, but imagine it looking even better...

And yeah, in starting to think that this year will be a double reveal for Smash. Nothing to back that up, just feels like what they would want to do if they take want to get people excited.

Also if these are the last two dlc characters, revealing both at once helps avoided ending on a low note like fighter pass 1 and the Wii U dlc. By revealing both at once you double your chances of getting any given person excited.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Though, I say in my heart that Shantae had a good run. If the DLC ends here, I'm ok with the characters given by sakurai. (Not all, but my point still stands.)

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm over the dlc, I want shantae again XD.
Nah but I hope the last 2 characters are interesting ones.

I haven't checked this site much in the last month. Anything new?

Dukefire

Smash Master
Dragon Quest and Sega had new games announced. E3 isn't here yet, so still on the waiting train for the final destination on Ultimate's remaining 2 DLC slots.

Comedic Comrade

Smash Journeyman
This video and it's contents caught my attention, but when I heard the voice of the person I immediately thought "Ugh, it's this guy again.", so I didn't bother watching it. I'll post it here for everyone else to see though. Personally, I doubt much of the stuff discussed is actually real, especially since it comes from 4chan, not to mention it contradicts several things, such as Sakurai implying FP2 is the last DLC for Smash and Ryu Hayabusa possibly being deconfirmed by his creator: https://youtu.be/ve0STUjnWgA

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
I personally still think a Fighter's Pass 3 is possible, but yeah, Ryu Hayabusa has (at least regarding Fighter's Pass 2) been taken off the table.
Yeah, it’s absolutely possible. Definitely less likely with recent columns from Sakurai, yet the language always says when “DLC” is done then Smash Umtimate is finalized. If Nintendo wants a few more characters to help tide over the Covid delays, they’ll get them.

This video and it's contents caught my attention, but when I heard the voice of the person I immediately thought "Ugh, it's this guy again.", so I didn't bother watching it. I'll post it here for everyone else to see though. Personally, I doubt much of the stuff discussed is actually real, especially since it comes from 4chan, not to mention it contradicts several things, such as Sakurai implying FP2 is the last DLC for Smash and Ryu Hayabusa possibly being deconfirmed by his creator: https://youtu.be/ve0STUjnWgA
Yyyyyeah that sounds like a whole lot of nothing, sorry. Just a random 4chan “leak”.

Comedic Comrade

Smash Journeyman
On the other hand, this theory doesn't stem from 4chan at all, and it actually makes a lot of sense. Take a look: https://youtu.be/_IIgR88iXEM

In the description, the OP believes that Shantae and Dr. Eggman will be the last two characters, although the former part is made abundantly clear in the video while the latter isn't even mentioned at all for whatever reason.

Also, I'm not sure if the OP knew about the whole "Steve was planned for 5 years thing". It kinda sounded like they didn't.

zferolie

Smash Hero
On the other hand, this theory doesn't stem from 4chan at all, and it actually makes a lot of sense. Take a look: https://youtu.be/_IIgR88iXEM

In the description, the OP believes that Shantae and Dr. Eggman will be the last two characters, although the former part is made abundantly clear in the video while the latter isn't even mentioned at all for whatever reason.

Also, I'm not sure if the OP knew about the whole "Steve was planned for 5 years thing". It kinda sounded like they didn't.
I do feel most of pass 2 is about characters that werenlong planned and missed out at first. Min min, pyra, both series sakurai has said he wanted in base game if the timing was better. Steve and most likely Sephiroth were long talked and negotiationed characters which most likely missed base and first dlc because of this.

Its very likely to assume the last 2 also fill this pattern. Shantae by far benifits the most from this. I feel like 1 character will be someone who missed base game for one reason or another, and 1 character with a long negotiation behind it. I hope its both Shantae and Reimu myself, but Eggman would also be a fantastic choice.

Comedic Comrade

Smash Journeyman
In case anyone wants that website from the first video I posted, here you go. Gaming websites never stop leeching off 4chan, do they? This leak has a number of holes in it as I previously mentioned, regardless of the stuff that actually came true. It is not uncommon for false information to be mixed in with legitimate information in 4chan leaks, especially when it comes to Smash, which is most likely the case here: https://gamingintel.com/huge-nintendo-leak-mario-kart-9-metroid-smash-fighters-more/

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
In case anyone wants that website from the first video I posted, here you go. Gaming websites never stop leeching off 4chan, do they? This leak has a number of holes in it as I previously mentioned, regardless of the stuff that actually came true. It is not uncommon for false information to be mixed in with legitimate information in 4chan leaks, especially when it comes to Smash, which is most likely the case here: https://gamingintel.com/huge-nintendo-leak-mario-kart-9-metroid-smash-fighters-more/
There's WAAAAAY too many of those going on right now. People love building up the artificial hype for E3 since that's the prime time for leaks to start spreading around. I just don't pay any mind to them anymore, even if they potentially have characters I like coming to Smash written on them.

Last edited:

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
"Ryu Hayabusa" Yup, should definitely take this with a grain of salt.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
"Ryu Hayabusa" Yup, should definitely take this with a grain of salt.
Yeesh 😟 Harsh

So I'm gonna level with ya'll... I was having trouble playing Shantae GBC and didn't make it very far. Maybe the newer games spoiled me with their gameplay, but I just couldn't really get into it... Did anyone else have this problem?

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Not really, I have played it enough to know where I'm going. Some areas do require a transformation and certain items/gear as the entire map is one big circle.

Where are you currently in the game?

Last edited:
Top Bottom