• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Robot Dump

Smash Journeyman
I have checked PockethalfGenie's 3-4 month gap theory (I am friends with him on Discord, which is where I use my current name, "Comedic Comrade" and not "The Robot Dump") and according to his theory, Fighter 9 will be revealed in May.

This is me right now after learning of that:
cover3.jpg

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I have checked PockethalfGenie's 3-4 month gap theory (I am friends with him on Discord, which is where I use my current name, "Comedic Comrade" and not "The Robot Dump") and according to his theory, Fighter 9 will be revealed in May.

This is me right now after learning of that:View attachment 294920
I feel like that's too far off. Theories for Smash rarely pan out anyway.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978

thats WAY too far.

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
Let's enjoy the show ;)
I'm gonna relax and eat for now. we'll see what happens later.
Here’s a fact: Lachlan is my longtime best friend from high school. We used to play 3DS together like Smash 4 or other games. I asked Lachlan which character he wants for Smash. He said he really wants Crash and I don’t blame him because that’s understandable. Well I want Shantae and much as I really want her in, I think Lachlan will be the first luckiest guy getting his character in Smash from TGA in about an hour or later and maybe I’ll get my one in too probably not in TGA but in the future before the end of FP2 and Smash unless the next console releases and best Smash game will happen.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I love Shantae, but i don't think she is really a VGA or E3 reveal. For big events like this you want to show off a character that most people watching will be familiar with and excited about. Shantae is still a lesser known character so I think a lot of people watching the Game awards would not know who she is. She is more of an in between reveal like Terry was.
So. Palutena was a E3 reveal instead of Pac-Man who was reveal behind close doors the same night and I wouldn't consider her to be E3 material. If Palutena is E3 material than so is Shantae.

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman

Makes a little sense. If the reveal is tonight and they get released next month, it follows an even amount of releases. June, October, January, April/May, September (ish), and December.

And with the last FP they released the last fighter at their deadline so I don't see why they wouldn't give themselves that extra time.

Edit: just noticed your theory literally spells that out

Last edited:

The Robot Dump

Smash Journeyman
Makes a little sense. If the reveal is tonight and they get released next month, it follows an even amount of releases. June, October, January, April/May, September (ish), and December.

And with the last FP they released the last fighter at their deadline so I don't see why they wouldn't give themselves that extra time.
May seems too far off though, now that I think about it.

The Robot Dump

Smash Journeyman
Not really. Only 4 months. Byleth to Min Min (5 months) and Min Min to Steve (4 months) were both far apart (given that one was the two fighters passes).
Well now, they're revealing a new Fighter only two months after Steve. It's almost as if now Nintendo is just gonna drop the announcements randomly.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yuck...Well, the good news is I don't have to watch any of the rest of the game awards.
Yeah that's a thought I had.
I might watch some, i dunno. But pretty disappointing in a way. Another sword user too.

At least it releases this month

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
DOOOOOOH MY GOD, jesus how are they gonna make that swordWORK?!

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
So this is big news. Not only is it the first 3rd party series to get a second full fighter rep, it’s also the first villain DLC, and another chance at square redeeming themselves with FF7 content...

also prooobably a nail in the coffin for Geno, I doubt Square is getting THREE characters in the DLC.

EDIT: It’s also the first time a 3rd party character showed up in a trailer that wasn’t their own, if I’m not mistaken, and it’s a bunch of them at that - Cloud, Banjo...

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Geno fans were hit the hardest I think. When "flies in a circle" boy has his fighter breakdown, Geno is at high threat of officially being Mii'd

Top Bottom