• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
You might as well call it Genie Possessed Samus or......GPS

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
I wasn't sure whether to bring up what was said here again, and I don't think it's 'over', or anything, and on one hand, I dont want to crush people's hopes, and even I still hope, even if I think it's now unlikely, but I just don't think anyone can deny that the timing of this makes Shantae's chances for season 1 of DLC very low.

The NDA stopped when the spirit was revealed, and now that Nintendo's finalized who they're putting in, and WayForward is still vocal, it's very likely that Shantae was not negotiated and put in a contract to be playable. Else there would be another NDA (or continuation of the one that was there).

I'm still open to that it's 'possible', and I will not stop supporting shantae, it doesn't stop that.
I like to think Nintendo or Sakurai told WayForward there'll be another ballot, giving them a head start to promote Shantae before it gets officially announced.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I like to think Nintendo or Sakurai told WayForward there'll be another ballot, giving them a head start to promote Shantae before it gets officially announced.
It could work for season 2 of dlc. It'd stir up even more attention and hype too :)
Let's hope they make another ballot, maybe in 2019.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Got to say, even though Shantae is still not in, we got best tomgirl princess at least for now. I am maining the hell out of her

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Got to say, even though Shantae is still not in, we got best tomgirl princess at least for now. I am maining the hell out of her

I'm actually thinking of maining her too. I've been feeling really good about her. It's a toss up between her and Isabelle.

I still want to see more pichu too..

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I'm actually thinking of maining her too. I've been feeling really good about her. It's a toss up between her and Isabelle.

I still want to see more pichu too..
I can’t wait to try them both as well

That reminds me, I was looking through Smashwiki and it looks like the alternate colors and costumes have been updated. Here’s Pichu’s:
CFA7AAAB-37C9-4517-BFEA-50773D5E4575.png

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I can’t wait to try them both as well

That reminds me, I was looking through Smashwiki and it looks like the alternate colors and costumes have been updated. Here’s Pichu’s:
View attachment 176492
Nice thank you.
I saw the flower one in a video and I absolutely love it. I'll probably use that one most of the time :)
The fourth picture is just a different ear type?

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Just got done watching the Paladins livestream. Good place to get free stuff for the game lol.

Anyway, let's continuing supporting Shantae and not bother Sakurai anymore. We will honor his choices for the DLC line up no matter what okay?

#ShantaeForSmashDLC

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace

zferolie

Smash Hero
Just got done watching the Paladins livestream. Good place to get free stuff for the game lol.

Anyway, let's continuing supporting Shantae and not bother Sakurai anymore. We will honor his choices for the DLC line up no matter what okay?

#ShantaeForSmashDLC
I mostly play smite but trying to get more into paladins too

This tweet is cool, it's DQ style Shantae :)

Thats cool. I assume thats the MMO right?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
DQ style ? what is it ?
I mostly play smite but trying to get more into paladins too

Thats cool. I assume thats the MMO right?
I assume so. It's too bad we didn't get it out west, Dragon Quest is still pretty big, and SE makes some good stuff.
I love so many SE series. Just 1 more rep form them wouldnt be enough :p
Square should make their own fighting game, with loads of their characters all across the board :)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oh dang, that does sound good! Maybe Chrono, Nier, maybe even some Star Ocean characters, could join in too. :)
Yes exactly ;) I love star ocean too.
I don't think Life is Strange should be part of it, lol, but that's another SE series. Could have some sort of cameo tho. Tho seeing max and chloe in a fighting game sounds neat (or funny). ;p

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If you wanted to go a little more obscure, there's always Lufia and SaGa. :)
I dont think they're obscure, they were real big at the time, and I still see Lufia being speedrun. But yeah, saga maybe a bit more unknown in the west, tho there were quite a few games from it , I think.

So, back to shantae. They really should have her be in fighting games, if she doesnt end up in smash, I'd like to see her a lot more around :)

Last edited:

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
How would Nintendo pick her when Nintendo’s crown jewel of indies shovelware knight got AT,d???
Well, there's a number of reasons to pick her...

Smash has a lack of female protagonists.
She has a longer history with Nintendo.
She has more personality than Shovel Knight.
She'd be a unique fighter.
Smash would be her fighting game debut.

Just naming a few.

View attachment 176492
Whoa, Pichu has a great lineup of alts. And there's a Team Skull Pichu? Heck yes. Now I just need to find some good Pichu gameplay footage...

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192
the freakin aqua bandanna god yes
Also found some more shantae smash art, though not as Happy as the others by https://twitter.com/HeroPivi/

Now I really need a comic about indie characters all hanging out at the same bar... maybe down the street from the dorm that Sakurai hosts for all the Smash characters in Everyone Is Home.

#ShantaeForSmashDLC
Hard to honor his choices for the DLC when he didn't get any :p

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Now I really need a comic about indie characters all hanging out at the same bar... maybe down the street from the dorm that Sakurai hosts for all the Smash characters in Everyone Is Home.

He got choices from the list Nintendo provided. It would probably be about a "take 5 out of 50" type of choices but at least he has the final say.

EDIT: "Whoa, Pichu has a great lineup of alts. And there's a Team Skull Pichu? Heck yes. Now I just need to find some good Pichu gameplay footage..."

I bet a certain PichuMain PichuMain would just love this.

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord

Why do you keep saying Sakurai had no choice with the DLC-Characters, like it's a proven fact already?!
Don't say your skewed perception is the truth...

Because there is plenty of hints that Sakurai did have a final word in which characters were picked.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
He got choices from the list Nintendo provided. It would probably be about a "take 5 out of 50" type of choices but at least he has the final say.

EDIT: "Whoa, Pichu has a great lineup of alts. And there's a Team Skull Pichu? Heck yes. Now I just need to find some good Pichu gameplay footage..."

I bet a certain PichuMain PichuMain would just love this.
From the tweet it sounds more like Nintendo has the selections, and Sakurai tells them if they arent realizable. (in which case Im guessing they give him another selection.)

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
From the tweet it sounds more like Nintendo has the selections, and Sakurai tells them if they arent realizable. (in which case Im guessing they give him another selection.)
So basically like I have suspected all along, "Sakurai has the final say". So now that we know he has chosen his 5 characters to develop into new fighters we can start the speculation. Hopefully one is Shantae but hey I will just use my "imagination" and simply use Shantae with Samus' body.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So basically like I have suspected all along, "Sakurai has the final say". So now that we know he has chosen his 5 characters to develop into new fighters we can start the speculation. Hopefully one is Shantae but hey I will just use my "imagination" and simply use Shantae with Samus' body.
Like I was trying to say, it doesnt sound like he has 'the final say' in terms of him choosing the characters. He specifically said that nintendo chooses the characters for a reason. From what he says the idea is that he will tell them if a choice that they made is not realizable, most likely in terms of creativity and time/resources.

Last edited:
Top Bottom