• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Looks like the flame has been rekindled to start again. When it will come true, time will tell soon. Until then, let Shantae Support us with Soul Support

A1Again

Smash Cadet
I have a firm suspicion that all 5 dlc characters are already picked and decided upon. I'm not leaving the fanbase as I love Shantae and watching the conversations too much... but something tells me it'll never happen. I may be a pessimist right now, but something is telling me the dlc package will consist of two big hitters and three picks that'll make everyone scratch their heads.

With what I've heard, and what I've seen, and what Matt is doing now, I don't see much hope. I'm taking a leave from Smash as a whole until I see fit. It was great being here and I hope everyone doesn't give up the fight. Good fight and good night.

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Exactly. That just points to her being DLC and they just wanted to give us a sneak peak of our Half Genie. Them being silent still in terms about the DLC questions just point to her being a DLC character. Which is good!
I think the opposite, I don't believe WF saying nothing regarding DLC means she's in, I think they're silent because they don't have the right to talk about Smash's DLC plans and can't confirm or deconfirm her. Basically a 2nd NDA.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I think the opposite, I don't believe WF saying nothing regarding DLC means she's in, I think they're silent because they don't have the right to talk about Smash's DLC plans and can't confirm or deconfirm her. Basically a 2nd NDA.
Would you say we're getting Shantae in the first season or the second?

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Considering how Sakurai talked about Rex, and how Vergeben already leaked 3 of the 5 DLC slots, I still think we need to wait for Smash 6/7 for Shantae's next chance, but we need to start pushing for Shantae in Smash 6/7 NOW. After all, planning for Smash Ultimate started as soon as, if not before Bayonetta was revealed. Now is when we have to get LOUD. Now is when we get aggressive (but please. not spammy and rude). We cannot stop fighting because although Risky, Sakurai, Galeem, Vergeben, or whoever have us down for the count for this fight, We've gotta start preparing for the next one. If we start going early on, long before anyone else even says a word, we might stand a chance if there's another Smash game.

#ShantaeforSmash6
#ShantaeforSmash7

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Do you think the tweet Matt did was feigning ignorance about Shantae being in DLC? I doubt he would approve of her being just a Spirit when he's been pushing so hard for her to be playable.

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Would you say we're getting Shantae in the first season or the second?
I worry Smash Ultimate's DLC is just going to be extremely un-subtle promotional fighters if we believe Verge. That being said, if we have a wave 2 though I think we'd be pretty safe. If we only get 5 I'm just not sure.
Now is when we have to get LOUD. Now is when we get aggressive
Dude, we went into the ballot with Wayforward telling everyone to vote for Shantae and we got a sticker. Shantae topped countless fanpolls and was right up there with Bayo and yet wasn't a fighter in the base roster. I simply do not think we can get any louder than we did for the Smash ballot, if that didn't work then nothing will. If Smash gets an indie then Shantae is first in line but that's IF we ever get an indie.
Do you think the tweet Matt did was feigning ignorance about Shantae being in DLC? I doubt he would approve of her being just a Spirit when he's been pushing so hard for her to be playable.
On the contrary I think he's perfectly content with what he got.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think he is approving, but he does desire more(Not in a greedy sense), so that is why he is pushing now. I don't think there is some grand conspiracy to this.

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice
I have a firm suspicion that all 5 dlc characters are already picked and decided upon. I'm not leaving the fanbase as I love Shantae and watching the conversations too much... but something tells me it'll never happen. I may be a pessimist right now, but something is telling me the dlc package will consist of two big hitters and three picks that'll make everyone scratch their heads.

With what I've heard, and what I've seen, and what Matt is doing now, I don't see much hope. I'm taking a leave from Smash as a whole until I see fit. It was great being here and I hope everyone doesn't give up the fight. Good fight and good night.
I understand the feeling in a way. We don't know what the future holds for Shantae in Smash Bros. But she's not an old forgotten character right now, and pretty sure WayForward has plans for games in the future that more and more people will play. I'm looking forward (WayForward) to new games that will bring lots of others to see her. Perhaps bring her in the spotlight for Smash Bros even more then she does now.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I understand the feeling in a way. We don't know what the future holds for Shantae in Smash Bros. But she's not an old forgotten character right now, and pretty sure WayForward has plans for games in the future that more and more people will play. I'm looking forward (WayForward) to new games that will bring lots of others to see her. Perhaps bring her in the spotlight for Smash Bros even more then she does now.
That is another advantage we could get. If Shantae get's some new news soon, that could significantly improve her exposure and discussion.

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Oh wait I JUST saw this.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
If the DLC has already been decided than we're screwed, but if it hasn't then it's ballot season round 2 I guess?

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
At this point we need to shut your :052: to stop this pun train from continuing.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I worry Smash Ultimate's DLC is just going to be extremely un-subtle promotional fighters if we believe Verge. That being said, if we have a wave 2 though I think we'd be pretty safe. If we only get 5 I'm just not sure.

Dude, we went into the ballot with Wayforward telling everyone to vote for Shantae and we got a sticker. Shantae topped countless fanpolls and was right up there with Bayo and yet wasn't a fighter in the base roster. I simply do not think we can get any louder than we did for the Smash ballot, if that didn't work then nothing will. If Smash gets an indie then Shantae is first in line but that's IF we ever get an indie.

On the contrary I think he's perfectly content with what he got.
That actually makes a lot of sense. 3 of the 5 DLC characters have already been confirmed and are not from the ballot, with the 4th likely being Byleth from FE3H, we probably are dead due to not being able to get in before all of the fighter slots went away. And then we're likely to not even be the first Indie rep, thanks to Steve.

All of that work for nothing but a png file with a scenario and some stat boosts... Why even put yourself through all that again for nothing when you can just support Vergeben or whoever's the top leaker's guys and get satisfaction 99% guaranteed?

Like I was gonna try and fight back, but seeing how I'm not the only one who lost hope... I don't know.

zferolie

Smash Hero
That actually makes a lot of sense. 3 of the 5 DLC characters have already been confirmed and are not from the ballot, with the 4th likely being Byleth from FE3H, we probably are dead due to not being able to get in before all of the fighter slots went away. And then we're likely to not even be the first Indie rep, thanks to Steve.

All of that work for nothing but a png file with a scenario and some stat boosts... Why even put yourself through all that again for nothing when you can just support Vergeben or whoever's the top leaker's guys and get satisfaction 99% guaranteed?

Like I was gonna try and fight back, but seeing how I'm not the only one who lost hope... I don't know.
I know Verge tends to be right, but he himself is only sure of ONE of the slots, the SE rep and its coming first. Hes not sure what content the minecraft is, only saying playable may be possible due to the other leaker, same with Katalina. so at worst thats 3 dlc out of five for round 1, at best its just 1, and the other 2 are wrong or something else.

Even at worst, that leaves 2 slots this round, either easily could happen to go to shantae.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

For one, Steve ain't really indie anymore. And secound, why put ourselves through another period of support like this, even if it seems unlikely? Because we love the character. Because we see that Matt believes. And because we have seen the results of the hard work our speculation elders did with the likes of Ridley and K. Rool. No one ever said this would be an easy task, or a short task at that, and I for one am willing to go the distance.

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
Beats me, have you tried asking the staff :162:?

What’s become of my life?
I tried but noone answered. I guess I'll just have to Spheal with it.
(Also noticed it's your 1000th message and my 100th. Talk about coincidence)

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Oh wait I JUST saw this.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
If the DLC has already been decided than we're screwed, but if it hasn't then it's ballot season round 2 I guess?
Pathetic. This is our push towards Smash Ultimate DLC and you guys are just going to whimper with your tail between your legs? You don't seem to know what Sakurai said in the Direct. He said that they haven't planned for DLC Fighters yet. And this is our chance to show Sakurai that we mean business! Stand up and shout, don't run away like a bunch of cowards! Because that's what our haters expect from us! They want us to be compliant with just a Spirit, when we know she can become more than that! We will not fade into the night with a whimper, but go out in a blaze of glory!

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Pathetic. This is our push towards Smash Ultimate DLC and you guys are just going to whimper with your tail between your legs? You don't seem to know what Sakurai said in the Direct. He said that they haven't planned for DLC Fighters yet. And this is our chance to show Sakurai that we mean business! Stand up and shout, don't run away like a bunch of cowards! Because that's what our haters expect from us! They want us to be compliant with just a Spirit, when we know she can become more than that! We will not fade into the night with a whimper, but go out in a blaze of glory!
Um, are you looking at the same thread, because almost everyone here is ready to push hard for shantae

Dukefire

Smash Master
We are still recovering from the Last Smash Direct

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I agree with what you are trying to say, but very little people are actually giving up.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
10 cups of coffee and beating Pirate's Curse in one sitting has renewed my vigor! Always keep fighting! Never give up hope! Let's get our girl and boys in there!
So wait, is Kazooie Shantae’s pet now? Because I don’t think Heavy owns Archimedes.

Top Bottom