• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Yeah, because nobody was mean to Hollywood or TOY, at all. Hey, I'm just doing what you guys did to Hollywood, except it's a bit more justified.
No. First off, don't try to drag me and everyone else into this.

Secondly, I know I was never mean to either one.

Third, at best people told them to cool it or quit. We have constantly threaten them with banning or throw needlessly brutal insults at them like you have with Connor.

Grimacebsx

Smash Apprentice
Aside from Shantae who we all want, are there any other things you are looking forward for ?
In my case, I can't wait to finally see Daisy's final smash ^_^
Shantae shouldn't be alone. Who else should join her as shantae's semi echo?? Possibly the memory of the greatest person whoever lived????

Dukefire

Smash Master
In the end, just get ready for the worst to come since now sakurai has prepare the final storm before the arrival of the game.

Whether she gets in or not all depends on what happened behind the curtains during the last 3 years before March Reignited the flames.

Mario9919

Smash Apprentice
Aside from Shantae who we all want, are there any other things you are looking forward for ?
Besides Shantae? Well, there's Sora, Crash, Banjo-Kazooie, Tifa and Rayman.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
These are gonna be 2 days of hyyype.
It's crazy that it's actually come to it, now that we've waited so long. Finally.. :)
I really just want to see what's revealed.

Gotta go. hf and remember to breaathe

:)

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Even if we don't get any Shantae related info during this direct, I hope this thread will keep being active because it shows how invested Shantae fans are !

Teeb147

Smash Legend
**** this website to hell.

Good day sir.
Choose what you think is best. Take breaks if you need to.

Just to clarify, No one's defending his behaviour, and even though I've said this many times and you may be ignoring it everytime, a condition is not an excuse to be disrespectful. Being understanding of a condition doesn't mean we let it go and it's ok,.. it just helps understand better and makre more sense, and to find different ways to handle things.

that's all.
gtg. Aim for improving the niceness around, including by being nice :)
(doesn't mean can't feel what you feel, or anything, just how it's handled matters too)

Last edited:

Prodis

Smash Rookie
If I'm lucky enough to have both Shantae and Banjo in I'm throwing in all my dice and go for a TF2 rep cus why not.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Choose what you think is best. Take breaks if you need to.

Just to clarify, No one's defending his behaviour, and even though I've said this many times and you may be ignoring it everytime, a condition is not an excuse to be disrespectful. Being understanding of a condition doesn't mean we let it go and it's ok,.. it just helps understand better and makre more sense, and to find different ways to handle things.

that's all.
gtg. Aim for improving the niceness around, including by being nice :)
(doesn't mean can't feel what's felt or anything)
Since when did anybody care about mental conditions, again? Okay, let's start with schizoaffective disorder then.

zferolie

Smash Hero
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Holy heckle! Something actually better than the Grinch leak!?
Well Ken and Incineroar are easy guesses, and that Golden Sun Item accidently shown strongly hints at Isaac. Plus there was that Banjo Kazooie copyright done last month that includes Nintendo on it, and the only way that would happen is for Smash.

So, if we assume those 4 are a given, and we still only will be getting 7 fighters, my guess/want at the other 3 are a retro(Mach rider or any in my Sig), Medusa, and Shantae.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Well Ken and Incineroar are easy guesses, and that Golden Sun Item accidently shown strongly hints at Isaac. Plus there was that Banjo Kazooie copyright done last month that includes Nintendo on it, and the only way that would happen is for Smash.

So, if we assume those 4 are a given, and we still only will be getting 7 fighters, my guess/want at the other 3 are a retro(Mach rider or any in my Sig), Medusa, and Shantae.
That is, unless "better" is suggesting we're getting more than just 7 fighters left.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

That is, unless "better" is suggesting we're getting more than just 7 fighters left.
im pretty sure 'better' is subjective here. I could be wrong. But dont think it's 'more'. We'll know in not too long though :)
He said there's dlc too though.

stayed too long, darn.. cya

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I haven't been able to post in a while, but:

The moment of truth. Hope she's a fighter, brace yourselves for her being an Assist Trophy and just enjoy whatever they do have.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
im pretty sure 'better' is subjective here. I could be wrong. But dont think it's 'more'.
I dunno. Even if it's subjective, it's kind of crazy suggesting that getting less characters would somehow be better.

And from what I've seen, Mystic is savvy enough to know that, especially when talking to hungering fans.

Last edited:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I haven't been able to post in a while, but:

The moment of truth. Hope she's a fighter, brace yourselves for her being an Assist Trophy and just enjoy whatever they do have.
It's gonna be a wild ride throughout those 40 minutes on November 1st, but come what may I've had a blast these past 8 months speculating and representing Shantae in Ultimate.

Oh it's true, it's damn true!

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
These are gonna be 2 days of hyyype.
It's crazy that it's actually come to it, now that we've waited so long. Finally.. :)
I really just want to see what's revealed.

Gotta go. hf and remember to breaathe

:)
sourceon that gif?

zferolie

Smash Hero
I dunno. Even if it's subjective, it's kind of crazy suggesting that getting less characters would somehow be better.

And from what I've seen, Mystic is savvy enough to know that, especially when talking to hungering fans.
I am guessing its 7 or more. If they want to keep that perfect square, its either 7 or 13 more fighters. if they don't care they can only add a few more past 7.

I am certain Banjo, Isaac, Ken, and Incineroar are in. Shantae has a super high chance and personally I feel is a shoe in, but those other 4 are basically confirmed(that Ken leak, all the talk of Incineroar, Isaac Item, and Banjo tradmark with nintendos name.)

Medusa I just want because she is my most wanted echo and a cool villain. I can see Dixie also likely due to that end of K Rool trailer. Impa makes sense as Zelda hasn't gotten a rep since Melee. Geno has a bunch pointing to him, but could be others. A retro makes sense but its possible Sakurai may have Isaac be that spot. Ms Pac Man and Shadow seem likely as well as every 3rd party is getting something new I feel.

Grimacebsx

Smash Apprentice
Alright I've been talking over and over about Holly its all been good and fun but now it's time for me to be serious about making my case. For her being a semi echo fighter of shantae. It's not crazy!

Castlevania got richter and maybe the indie representative deserves another friend to show Nintendo's appreciation also. Isabelle couldn't have been that hard to develop because of the villager Holly could have a similar situation. She's aesthetically already a genie so she would really be the easiest to make based off of shantae's design. Wilbur would handle her special attacks. The only person who would work better would be nega shantae but i think they would want someone who's at least a different person.

Also she hinted at making a "surprise appearance" in jammies mode. If jammies mode really is a hint we should take things in there more seriously. And really what else would be a better surprise than this??

(I know it's all a little reaching but you gotta have hope you know?)

Just to clarify, the copyright thing with Banjo only had Nintendo on it as the previous owners, which is nothing new.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Hmm..according to some of the insiders, such as Mystic, some of the characters in the banner leak are supposed to be assist trophies, which is why they believed it to be fake, with Chorus Kids being one of them.

Perhaps the idea that assist trophies are made based on how easily they could be made into a fighter is true.... perhaps this is what will give Shantae an edge?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Okie dokie, time to peek into the Shantae thread, let's see what shenanigans, they are up to no-

Oh no, my android spleen! I forgot they were all pissed off at me, damn. You'd of thought I would have learned better by now, after I've had both of my lungs ripped straight out of my chest, my pancreas cut up into tiny little bits, and tossed into a soup alongside parts of my esophagus, and almost all of my bones fractured, all in this thread, at some point. I've lost so many vital organs, that I am now the Double-Posting Officer equivalent of Robocop.

I'll be off, to find a spleen now. Cheerio.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I mean if we’re talking newcomers we want again, aside from the obvious I think I’ve narrowed it down to:

-Dixie Kong (as either an echo or semi-clone)
-Marx
-Cynthia (similar to Pokémon Trainer with three Pokémon)
-Decidueye
-Rex and Pyra/Mythra
-Ken and Ms. Pac-Man as echoes

And I think I’ll hop on the bandwagons for Issac, Geno and Banjo-Kazooie as well

EDIT: forgot to add Rayman as well

Okie dokie, time to peek into the Shantae thread, let's see what shenanigans, they are up to no-

Oh no, my android spleen! I forgot they were all pissed off at me, damn. You'd of thought I would have learned better by now, after I've had both of my lungs ripped straight out of my chest, my pancreas cut up into tiny little bits, and tossed into a soup alongside parts of my esophagus, and almost all of my bones fractured, all in this thread, at some point. I've lost so many vital organs, that I am now the Double-Posting Officer equivalent of Robocop.

I'll be off, to find a spleen now. Cheerio.
435713E7-89EA-475A-BE87-81D1D4D992D5.jpeg
...Good luck with that.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
For the record, I don't think there's going to be another "assist bombing run". There certainly wasn't one after Smash 4's first direct following E3. The only new assists we'll likely see are ones related to the newcomers.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
For the record, I don't think there's going to be another "assist bombing run". There certainly wasn't one after Smash 4's first direct following E3. The only new assists we'll likely see are ones related to the newcomers.
I'm 90% (Edit: Thinking about it again, 95%) sure there will be. After the 8/8 Direct, there was a list of all the new assist trophies, which was followed by "and more". This could be referring to the old ATs, so while it's not impossible for us to be spared another AT massacre, it's not probable by any means.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I've been ghosting on this thread for the longest time

but now that a direct's been announced, I'll join the club!

Shantae would be one of the best additions to Smash ever and it REALLY wouldn't be Ultimate without her

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
I've been ghosting on this thread for the longest time

but now that a direct's been announced, I'll join the club!

Shantae would be one of the best additions to Smash ever and it REALLY wouldn't be Ultimate without her
Agreed. She has more than enough of a moveset, tons of personality, and she was one of the big indie hits of the 3DS (and is only getting more and more popular as time goes on)

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'm 90% (Edit: Thinking about it again, 95%) sure there will be. After the 8/8 Direct, there was a list of all the new assist trophies, which was followed by "and more". This could be referring to the old ATs, so while it's not impossible for us to be spared another AT massacre, it's not probable by any means.
Nobody promised that all assists (including Pokemon) would be announced. And while Smash 4 did technically show all Pokeball Pokemon in Greninja's trailer, about half of them went without a highlight until release.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I mean if we’re talking newcomers we want again, aside from the obvious I think I’ve narrowed it down to:

-Dixie Kong (as either an echo or semi-clone)
-Marx
-Cynthia (similar to Pokémon Trainer with three Pokémon)
-Decidueye
-Rex and Pyra/Mythra
-Ken and Ms. Pac-Man as echoes

And I think I’ll hop on the bandwagons for Issac, Geno and Banjo-Kazooie as well
We're doing this again? Okay, fine...

So, I'll update my list here, at least a little bit:

Rottytops (Shantae) (WIP)
Geno (Super Mario RPG)
Banjo-Kazooie
Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
Bandana Dee (Kirby)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Reimu Hakurei (Touhou)
Kat & Ana (WarioWare)
Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo)
KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club)
Adeleine (Kirby)
Vaati (The Legend of Zelda)
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) (She's so cute! <3)
Susie Haltmann (Kirby)
Midna/Twili Midna (The Legend of Zelda)
Fjorm (Fire Emblem Heroes)
Lyn (Fire Emblem)
Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy 7)
Palla, Catria and Est (Fire Emblem?)
Veronica (Fire Emblem Heroes)
Saber Artoria (Fate/Stay Night)
Toon Zelda (The Legend of Zelda)
Tetra (The Legend of Zelda)
Medli (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
Terra Branford (Final Fantasy 6)
Mipha (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild)
Anna (Fire Emblem)
Birdo (Super Mario)
Meloetta (Pokemon)
Goomba (Super Mario)
Tsareena (Pokemon)
2B (NieR: Automata)
Marx (Kirby)
Viridi (Kid Icarus)
Edelgard von Hresvelgr (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
Gunvolt (Azure Striker Gunvolt)
Kat (Gravity Rush)
Lana (Hyrule Warriors)
Asuka (Senran Kagura)
Hikari and Donbe (Shin Onigashima)
Marina (Mischief Makers)
Linkle (Hyrule Warriors)
Bub & Bob (Bubble Bobble)
Shantae
Andy (Advance Wars)
Protector (Etrian Odyssey)
Highlander (Go play Etrian Odyssey)
Cynthia (Pokemon)
Haruka Amami (THE iDOLM@STER) (Shoutouts to Kuon :))
Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
Tron Bonne (The Misadventures of Tron Bonne/Megaman)
Roll (Megaman)
Princess Hilda (The Legend of Zelda)
Felicia (Darkstalkers)

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Afternoon peeps. On a scale of Mash Potato Samurai to Master Hero Soccer Guy, how hype are you? Both are the same amount of hype btw.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
We're doing this again? Okay, fine...

So, I'll update my list here, at least a little bit:

Rottytops (Shantae) (WIP)
Geno (Super Mario RPG)
Banjo-Kazooie
Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
Bandana Dee (Kirby)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Reimu Hakurei (Touhou)
Kat & Ana (WarioWare)
Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo)
KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club)
Adeleine (Kirby)
Vaati (The Legend of Zelda)
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) (She's so cute! <3)
Susie Haltmann (Kirby)
Midna/Twili Midna (The Legend of Zelda)
Fjorm (Fire Emblem Heroes)
Lyn (Fire Emblem)
Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy 7)
Palla, Catria and Est (Fire Emblem?)
Veronica (Fire Emblem Heroes)
Saber Artoria (Fate/Stay Night)
Toon Zelda (The Legend of Zelda)
Tetra (The Legend of Zelda)
Medli (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
Terra Branford (Final Fantasy 6)
Mipha (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild)
Anna (Fire Emblem)
Birdo (Super Mario)
Meloetta (Pokemon)
Goomba (Super Mario)
Tsareena (Pokemon)
2B (NieR: Automata)
Marx (Kirby)
Viridi (Kid Icarus)
Edelgard von Hresvelgr (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
Gunvolt (Azure Striker Gunvolt)
Kat (Gravity Rush)
Lana (Hyrule Warriors)
Asuka (Senran Kagura)
Hikari and Donbe (Shin Onigashima)
Marina (Mischief Makers)
Linkle (Hyrule Warriors)
Bub & Bob (Bubble Bobble)
Shantae
Andy (Advance Wars)
Protector (Etrian Odyssey)
Highlander (Go play Etrian Odyssey)
Cynthia (Pokemon)
Haruka Amami (THE iDOLM@STER) (Shoutouts to Kuon :))
I mean others were doing it earlier, so I thought I’d share as well.

Also wow that is a list.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
Afternoon peeps. On a scale of Mash Potato Samurai to Master Hero Soccer Guy, how hype are you? Both are the same amount of hype btw.
I'm in the Mashed Potato Samurai range.

Not because I'm being pessimistic, but because I'm very hungry and don't have a plate of mashed potatoes in front of me.

Top Bottom