• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Considering my girl Daisy is interracting with someone ideed, who else could it be ?
It could be a comedic bad guy who who'd get kicked out, I don't see any good guy doing this same move.
Or another good girl who's not too serious for that sh*t ( exit Elma, Medusa... ).
I could also see Dixie filling that role but... meh

D

Deleted member

Considering my girl Daisy is interracting with someone ideed, who else could it be ?
It could be a comedic bad guy who who'd get kicked out, I don't see any good guy doing this same move.
Or another good girl who's not too serious for that sh*t ( exit Elma, Medusa... ).
Or it’s just her being her and just showing off those hips to:ultcorrin:or:ultsimon:

Silly daisy:p

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
rottytops

we are in embrace

zferolie

Smash Hero
I am still of the theory that even if this leak is true, there are more coming. at least 2 more, probably Incineroar and Shantae, maybe an echo or 2 as well.

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
I am still of the theory that even if this leak is true, there are more coming. at least 2 more, probably Incineroar and Shantae, maybe an echo or 2 as well.
Y'know I never considered the fact that this leaked poster doesn't show the final roster. Sure it's unlikely but most people are under the assumption that ALL the characters will be revealed next direct and that the Grinch leak shows that final poster. Maybe I'm grasping at straws but it's hard to grasp at the mind of Sakurai to begin with.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Y'know I never considered the fact that this leaked poster doesn't show the final roster. Sure it's unlikely but most people are under the assumption that ALL the characters will be revealed next direct and that the Grinch leak shows that final poster. Maybe I'm grasping at straws but it's hard to grasp at the mind of Sakurai to begin with.
There are a few people on twitter that have been credible in the past for other leaks saying that their sources are saying the leak is real but its missing people, and not just Incineroar. Take it with a grain of salt, but its very possible for sure

hassoutobi

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5344-2558-0842
Switch FC
SW 7858-1447-7386
There are a few people on twitter that have been credible in the past for other leaks saying that their sources are saying the leak is real but its missing people, and not just Incineroar. Take it with a grain of salt, but its very possible for sure
call me crazy, but maybe the banner shown in the grinch leak is simply a prototype? artsy omni pointed out that numerous details that should be on the banner are completely missing from the leak and/or look very very bad.

zferolie

Smash Hero
call me crazy, but maybe the banner shown in the grinch leak is simply a prototype? artsy omni pointed out that numerous details that should be on the banner are completely missing from the leak and/or look very very bad.
Yeah it could be. Or it could be a banner for that event, and then there is a final banner for when the game is released. Possible. I mean I showed you COULD fit 5 more characters at least with a very slight 3% reduction of the character grid

Smash CHaracter select screen Roster Complete.png

Even then it doesn't have to be a perfect rectangle at launch. In Smash 4, this was the base roster screen

So this one even with all those 7 characters, just added 2-4 more could in theory work. so lets say its just Medusa, Inceniroar, Shantae, and Ms Pac Man. remove a slot from the top and bottom row and you imitate how the base design for Wii U was in terms of look. Heck, even JUST Shantae and Incineroar could work. 2 from top row 2 from bottom. Or just 1 from all the rows but the 2 middle rows.

Last edited:

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
Off topic, but has anyone noticed that Japanese players on Twitter are seemingly complaining about the "fan service" in the Switch version of Pirate's Curse?

I'm kind of shocked to hear them complaining about that considering almost every Anime from Japan has it.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Off topic, but has anyone noticed that Japanese players on Twitter are seemingly complaining about the "fan service" in the Switch version of Pirate's Curse?

I'm kind of shocked to hear them complaining about that considering almost every Anime from Japan has it.
Have not seen that

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

the japanese complaining about... fan service?

don't they live and breathe that ****, just like me?

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion

This is the first I'm hearing about this.

Trust me when I tell you that it's an extremely tiny minority. Japan also has it's SJW's but they are widely mocked and not taken seriously at all.

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice

Maybe they're talking about the fanservice Tan-Line Temple but it's likely a vocal minority in Japan that isn't as enthusiastic about fanservice as the rest of their culture.

Maybe they're talking about the fanservice Tan-Line Temple but it's likely a vocal minority in Japan that isn't as enthusiastic about fanservice as the rest of their culture.
Just double-checked and found not a single person complaining about fanservice. There are some people wondering why the translations were changed between the 3ds version and Switch version but people are mostly positive, there's also a lot more requests for Wayforward to bring the Original GBC game and Risky's Revenge to Japan.

D

Deleted member

Guys if shantae is an assist would you still by smash ultimate? because I preordered it 3 months ago I’m still and always up for new smash bros games because I just can’t get enough of smash series! and I actually like the final newcomers unlike verges *shudders* besides I’m glad most of my wanted are in including banjo:)

zferolie

Smash Hero
Guys if shantae is an assist would you still by smash ultimate? because I preordered it 3 months ago I’m still and always up for new smash bros games because I just can’t get enough of smash series! and I actually like the final newcomers unlike verges *shudders* besides I’m glad most of my wanted are in including banjo:)
Of course. I said many times even if we get no more fighters this roster is great and smash itself is fantastic

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Oh, of course! Why would we not? :)

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
I'd rather she be a AT than not in the game at all.

Plus why wouldn't I? Even if none of the newcomers, even assuming this leak is real, really excite me bar Isabelle, I'm still gonna buy the game and enjoy.

D

Deleted member

Of course I am. I'm hyped about Geno and Shadow

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Japanese players complaining about too much fanservice...?
Isn't that like an Italian complaining about a dish having too much garlic?

And it's only Princess Leia bikinis. Did Disney buying Star Wars make that Taboo the world over?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
connor, if you try to speak ill of steve/his supporters in any shape or form ever again, i swear i will ground pound your ass to a mother****ing parallel universe. you got that, or do you not understand ANY of what ive said? Ever?

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Well of course we all like smash, and we can come to appreciate the game regardless. But as long as she has a good chance as a fighter, we don't have to buy into anything less. Doesnt mean we cant accept whatever happens (even if there can be disappointment to go through in some cases.)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to some news, which will most likely come soon.

I dont think there's much chance of an assist trophy becoming playable in the same game, sorry to say, but that doesn't mean I think it's impossible, just very unlikely, considering everything. I'd be all for Ashley getting in the game as a fighter too :)
If supporters still want to continue and rally for those that are ATs, then why not. But we dont need to go there unless it comes to it..

#ShantaeForSmash :)

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I posted this on another forum, but since I haven't expressed my opinions about the Grinch leak here, I'll do so.

If it is real, I have two separate responses:

Response 1: The mature and optimistic.
Well, this means I didn't get a single one of my most-wanted characters. I only actually wrote out a top 5, but even were I to extend it to top 10 I'm pretty sure none of the newcomers would be on it. I literally haven't played any of the games these final five are from. And yeah, some of my most-wanted were longshots (Anna, 2B), but Dixie Kong missing out again kind of stings.

However...I can't deny that this is a solid set of newcomers. A lot of people will be happy. And since a lot of fan favorites made it in, the likes of Dixie and Shantae stand that much greater of a chance of being DLC.

Regardless, this roster is massive and there are still plenty of characters on it I love even if none of the newcomers are included in that, so I can't possibly be mad.

Response 2: The immature knee-jerk.
7 more and all of them are dudes, stupid ****ing sausage fest.
EDIT: Where are my spoiler tags?
EDIT2: Fixed it.

Last edited:

xNaz

Smash Cadet

Good riddance

Last edited by a moderator:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
I also just realized.... How the heck would they do every single fighter blog update before release if the banner leak is real? They already still have 14 left and barely 40-41 days left.

D

Deleted member

Well of course we all like smash, and we can come to appreciate the game regardless. But as long as she has a good chance as a fighter, we don't have to buy into anything less. Doesnt mean we cant accept whatever happens (even if there can be disappointment to go through in some cases.)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to some news, which will most likely come soon.

I dont think there's much chance of an assist trophy becoming playable in the same game, sorry to say, but that doesn't mean I think it's impossible, just very unlikely, considering everything. I'd be all for Ashley getting in the game as a fighter too :)
If supporters still want to continue and rally for those that are ATs, then why not. But we dont need to go there unless it comes to it..

Your right if assist there’s always Plan B if you guys are interested in.

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice

If you want to be technical Lucas and Mewtwo were trophies(which is on a lower level of representation) in Smash4 and became fighters. Granted they are veterans but still.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Your right if assist there’s always Plan B if you guys are interested in.
Yes, but connor, stop bringing things down. She has a chance as a fighter, so even if it's ok to accept those outcomes, please stop going there constantly when we want to speculate her better chances, ok?

Last edited:

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
I also just realized.... How the heck would they do every single fighter blog update before release if the banner leak is real? They already still have 14 left and barely 40-41 days left.
Well presumably they don't have to have every blog update happen before the game releases. If the leak is real then they've still got the rest of the cast, the new cast, the new stages assuming there are any, the rest of the ATs, and the rest modes/music/whatever, which will all probably spill out after the game has released. Likewise they'll likely keep the blog going specifically so they have a place to detail things like DLC assuming we get any.

Also kinda really off topic, but I was thinking about this last night, whatever happened to the Drill Dozer and Barbara ATs?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'm hearing murmurs that Mach Rider may actually be a woman, which would certainly be nice, but I'm expecting either ambiguity or male if the character is actually in.
Or they could go the pallet swap route, if there is multiple Mach Riders.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I gotta go for the day. Have fun with all the speculation and info, and..
Shantae :)

shantae__flat_colour__by_jamoart-d8qzg9g.png

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
As much as it revolts me, I don't think we have to have a minimum number of female newcomers. It was like 10 years ago, but brawl didn't have a single female newcomer ( aside from ZSS who was just another form for Samus ).

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
As much as it revolts me, I don't think we have to have a minimum number of female newcomers. It was like 10 years ago, but brawl didn't have a single female newcomer ( aside from ZSS who was just another form for Samus ).
While it may not have any required limit, its always nice to have some. The only issue with female characters is it makes "Super Smash Bros" ever more inaccurate (Samus was in the first game, Sakurai... it was never accurate). ;p

In my opinion, its just good to have them. There's a lot of great characters in not just Nintendo, but many other franchises.

Top Bottom