• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
*skull kid believer voice* Wow, I can't believe Sakurai broke into my house, painted all my chairs yellow and purple, and talked directly to my face exclusively in morse code JUST TO LIE TO ME ABOUT SHANTAE IN SMASH!

Veodok

コードー002
Switch FC
SW-0381-1083-3350
The only thing I thought was cool was Towerfall. The "but wait one more thing" is so stupid considering it was just Into the Breach. Like, wtf?

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Shantae ain't revealed for Smash Ultimate in the Nindies Direct, huh? Well, it's a good thing for me that my expectations weren't super high.

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576
*skull kid believer voice* Wow, I can't believe Sakurai broke into my house, painted all my chairs yellow and purple, and talked directly to my face exclusively in morse code JUST TO LIE TO ME ABOUT SHANTAE IN SMASH!
Lol that's pretty much how the chat was, even though this happens every time...

CloudedSun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jay-Explosion
Switch FC
SW 8009 2151 5629
I'm expecting not to see Shantae for at least the next two directs. The next directs I think Bandana Waddle Dee as Japan's Ridley will show, along with Geno and Issac along with Shadow and Ken and maybe a surprise Echo.

Staarih

Smash Master
Undertale release date is all I needed haha.

Anyway, that’s that! Back to speculation it is:)

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I have the Wii U's decidedly unloaded release schedule to thank for getting me to look at indie games I wouldn't have tried normally, including Shantae.

But well, today will be Monster Hunter day for me. Hopefully.

Last edited:

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
-No Skullgirls
-No Travis Strikes Back
-No Warframe
-No A Hat in Time release date
Well that was a letdown

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
To be honest, the "one more thing" did kind of catch me off guard. :p

But yeah, as expected, no Smash reveal of any kind.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I feel like the chat was full of a bunch of ten-year-olds. It was pretty funny seeing them all argue and yell at each other about this "not being a Smash direct"

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah, I admit I was tad disappointed after the one more announcement thing, but don't be mad at the game, it looks pretty cool. Seems to have some good pixel art strategy.
I don't know that it deserved to be the last announcement, because it's already known for on the pc. I'd put an exclusive there or something.
It wasn't really exciting. But wahtcha gonna do.

LunarLiv

Smash Apprentice
There's one kinda fun thing about Shantae not having been announced yet. More wild speculation and analysing everything.

Gotta keep going! Keep supporting Shantae and hoping she gets in :)

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I'm expecting not to see Shantae for at least the next two directs. The next directs I think Bandana Waddle Dee as Japan's Ridley will show, along with Geno and Issac along with Shadow and Ken and maybe a surprise Echo.
Isabelle will most likely make it in, too, I think

CloudedSun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jay-Explosion
Switch FC
SW 8009 2151 5629
Users 111 guests 113

Jesus Christ lollll

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
i expected no smash reveal. Think about it, it would overshadow every indie game by a dozen.

That said, Dragon's Marked for death's release date is the only thing i was interested in.

2/10. Too many bad puns.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
That ending definitely made me raise an eyebrow lol. That Direct was about what I expected though.

Still, there's about 3 months left. Still plenty of opportunities to see if she's actually in.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
They only showed a few seconds of Dragon Marked for death, and that seemed like the most interesting one

CloudedSun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jay-Explosion
Switch FC
SW 8009 2151 5629
There's one kinda fun thing about Shantae not having been announced yet. More wild speculation and analysing everything.

Gotta keep going! Keep supporting Shantae and hoping she gets in :)
Can someone make Shantae art like this the way they did Daisy? I'd love to see this

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So, there wasn't really any hints to look at, so there's not too much speculation we can have about it.

WF's weird picnic tweet probably has more meat on it lol.

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
Well, if so many people are willing to poke their nose in here in hopes of catching a secret reveal, I don't suppose any of you would like to sign up as a supporter?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, there wasn't really any hints to look at, so there's not too much speculation we can have about it.

WF's weird picnic tweet probably has more meat on it lol.
Well, someone said that Matt liked the "Actions speak louder than words" tweet, so that is perhaps something we can speculate?

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Like I said before, this doesn't diminish her chances at all. This direct was about much smaller developers than Yacht Club or WayForward.

And of course there's still WayForward's unusual behavior to speculate about.

Booper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
Well, if so many people are willing to poke their nose in here in hopes of catching a secret reveal, I don't suppose any of you would like to sign up as a supporter?
Thank you for reminding me!

I'd like to be listed as a supporter please.

Veodok

コードー002
Switch FC
SW-0381-1083-3350
This whole situation is so wierd. You go on Twitter and all people are saying is "haha! people actually thought there was going to be a smash announcement in a nindies direct?! lol people are stupid"

Yet 99% of poeple just in this thread alone only gave the chances of it happening between 0-15%

loozer2

Smash Apprentice
I just really really hope people don't go on twitter flaming Nintendo and WF over fan theories and speculation.

CloudedSun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jay-Explosion
Switch FC
SW 8009 2151 5629
We've surpassed Bandana Dee as the third most talked about possible newcomer on Smashboards (in reply count). We went from 5 to 3 in literally a day.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
This whole situation is so wierd. You go on Twitter and all people are saying is "haha! people actually thought there was going to be a smash announcement in a nindies direct?! lol people are stupid"

Yet 99% of poeple just in this thread alone only gave the chances of it happening between 0-15%
I actually saw a lot of people in the nintendo chat spouting 'snash!' and stuff like that a lot.
There's lots of people that are just hungry for some smash announcements.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well: if anyone wishes to be added to the supporter list, be it new people or old ones I may of missed, do let me know!

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239

IKR? I am still hype for Shantae but my expectations was low for this Nindies Direct. Like I stated before "Maybe next time".

Top Bottom