• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
And we're to believe that Matt wouldn't be aware of such a deal?
Well, you're assuming that Nintendo just slapped Sakurai with five characters and said, "Get to work, slave." I would think he was trying to drum up some extra support to show Sakurai how popular she was. I've said it several times, I'm pretty sure that what happened was Nintendo put together a big list of candidates and gave it to Sakurai. Then he decided from the list who would be a good fit for the game.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Something to release the tension for a bit.

Oh brother, if that isn't part of the opening cinematic for Ultimate (plus music)...

Also, looks like Inkling still has that logo burned into her eyes. Remember kids: looking at an eclipse (or intense hype) can be hazardous for your ocular health.

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

@Connorb0t2 Um, okay? Did I ever say those specific words? I sure don't think so. For one thing, I'm not making any claims about anyone being a "lock" for DLC. The plain simple truth is that we don't know who was on Nintendo's list and who Sakurai picked from that list.

D

Deleted member

@Connorb0t2 Um, okay? Did I ever say those specific words? I sure don't think so. For one thing, I'm not making any claims about anyone being a "lock" for DLC. The plain simple truth is that we don't know who was on Nintendo's list and who Sakurai picked from that list.
From the looks of it it almost looked like you were

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I started playing Brawlhalla recently, and wouldn't you know it, one of my favourites is a half-valkyrie with a human father noted for being a fierce warrior and mother valkyrie. Interestingly, in contrast to Shantae, Brynn has been more in touch with her valkyrie side than her human, and this winds making her far more interested in those instead
I also started playing Brawlhalla recently and help this control scheme is weird.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Excuse me?? I'm with Shadowknight1 Shadowknight1 in regards to you putting words in our mouths.

I have never said she's not in. At most, I've expressed doubts that she's in Season 1 DLC, and even then there's a chance she's in still.
Well, you're assuming that Nintendo just slapped Sakurai with five characters and said, "Get to work, slave." I would think he was trying to drum up some extra support to show Sakurai how popular she was. I've said it several times, I'm pretty sure that what happened was Nintendo put together a big list of candidates and gave it to Sakurai. Then he decided from the list who would be a good fit for the game.
I dunno. It's pretty apparent that Sakurai is likely just clarifying what was vaguely said during the direct. I mean, the biggest bout of contention is whether or not he was stating Rex didn't make it in time for the base roster or the dlc roster, and it would seem that Sakurai is just clearing that up now.

Not to mention, it seemed like more a pair of tweets meant to inform the public not to pester them with requests.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Right now, lets enjoy what's happening now and not worrying of the later.

Do that and it will eat away yourself overtime.

Capture+_2018-11-11-14-21-38.png

Shadowknight1

Excuse me?? I'm with Shadowknight1 Shadowknight1 in regards to you putting words in our mouths.

I have never said she's not in. At most, I've expressed doubts that she's in Season 1 DLC, and even then there's a chance she's in still.

I dunno. It's pretty apparent that Sakurai is likely just clarifying what was vaguely said during the direct. I mean, the biggest bout of contention is whether or not he was stating Rex didn't make it in time for the base roster or the dlc roster, and it would seem that Sakurai is just clearing that up now.

Not to mention, it seemed like more a pair of tweets meant to inform the public not to pester them with requests.
Well, like I said, I think it's most likely there was a long list of characters that Nintendo gave to Sakurai to choose from. Shantae could be in it, especially if they pulled from the ballot. But hey, we don't know! She may be in, she may not be. The game is going to be fantastic regardless. We'll just have to wait and see what Nintendo and Sakurai have in store for us! :)

Grimacebsx

Smash Apprentice
Maybe Matt already knew she was gonna be in the roster at some point but decided to throw us a bone of support (4 out of 5) to keep the hype train going when he saw how discouraged we were at her being a spirit too who knows though it seems like the dlc choices are happening last minute once the main game was complete it's possible he doesn't know all the circumstances about her arrival though

zferolie

Smash Hero
Maybe Matt already knew she was gonna be in the roster at some point but decided to throw us a bone of support (4 out of 5) to keep the hype train going when he saw how discouraged we were at her being a spirit too who knows though it seems like the dlc choices are happening last minute once the main game was complete it's possible he doesn't know all the circumstances about her arrival though
A man can dream...

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
Whatever the case, lets remember that the fact she's even IN the game is a big deal, and not kill each other over semantics. We all want the same thing: A big pony tailed purple haired belly dancer beating up the worlds most famous videogame mascots. And if she doesnt get dlc and theres no 2nd wave, theres always next time.
Remember:
Dont knock people down for believing shes dlc
Dont kill people for having doubts
Dont let bolo do anything involving technology.
Avoid the light.

Shadowknight1

Whatever the case, lets remember that the fact she's even IN the game is a big deal, and not kill each other over semantics. We all want the same thing: A big pony tailed purple haired belly dancer beating up the worlds most famous videogame mascots. And if she doesnt get dlc and theres no 2nd wave, theres always next time.
Remember:
Avoid the light.
You forgot:
ALWAYS give the zombie some coffee.

As for Matt throwing us a bone...I'm choosing to believe that he wouldn't ask for our support if Nintendo/Sakurai told him that there was no way. Whether it amounts to anything...we just don't know. Either way, I'm happy with the game we're getting. I just hope that the new characters are fun to play as!

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys think about all the new remixes being shown during the streams, which I of course have been observing, that further solidify this game in having the overall best OST of the entire series!

D

Deleted member

What do you guys think about all the new remixes being shown during the streams, which I of course have been observing, that further solidify this game in having the overall best OST of the entire series!
NEW SONIC REMIX OR RIOT

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Well a video from LxC that does include Shantae. It's from the same guy that predicted the November 1 Smash Direct.

At least Shantae is now appearing in more leaks nowadays compared to before.

EDIT: Doesn't the guy know that if not for Shantae's success then Shovel Knight would not even BE a thing in the first place ugh!!

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Agreed, course I find some remixes better than others but I don’t think there’s a single one that I consider bad so far.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
In case people didn't see my edit I stated that LxC seems to forget that Shantae's success was the reason that Shovel Knight came into being in the first place. The people behind SK as you know are former WayForward employees.

But again I am glad Shantae is getting into more and more "leaks".

#ShantaeForSmashDLC

D

Deleted member

Well a video from LxC that does include Shantae. It's from the same guy that predicted the November 1 Smash Direct.

EDIT: Doesn't the guy know that if not for Shantae's success then Shovel Knight would not even BE a thing in the first place ugh!!

GAH! ENOUGH TALKING ABOUT THAT RUNT!

zferolie

Smash Hero

Its funny how wrong he is about shantae. first off, NO ONE KNOWS THE ACTUAL BALLOT RESULTS! We can guess all we won't but only nintendo and sakurai know the actual results of every character. To say Shovel knight did better is just guess work and from even that it seems wron. most polls I see have shantae higher then shovel knight, so he is talking out his butt.

Sakurai also said no echos, so that frog thing from Rayman is total BS.

Sora yes is more likely then Geno, but Dragon quest is more likely then both, if we are looking stricktly business like this "leak" is saying.

Also Waluigi? really? Not happening. Nintendo would not pick him based on the fans. he would happen if nintendo had more plans for him, and I doubt they do. Plus, its obvious nintendo knows the loud majority of those waluigi fans are a bit trollish. Yes I know there are true fans out there and I want him too, but a lot of the voice comes from the trolls.

Shadowknight1

Its funny how wrong he is about shantae. first off, NO ONE KNOWS THE ACTUAL BALLOT RESULTS! We can guess all we won't but only nintendo and sakurai know the actual results of every character. To say Shovel knight did better is just guess work and from even that it seems wron. most polls I see have shantae higher then shovel knight, so he is talking out his butt.

Sakurai also said no echos, so that frog thing from Rayman is total BS.

Sora yes is more likely then Geno, but Dragon quest is more likely then both, if we are looking stricktly business like this "leak" is saying.

Also Waluigi? really? Not happening. Nintendo would not pick him based on the fans. he would happen if nintendo had more plans for him, and I doubt they do. Plus, its obvious nintendo knows the loud majority of those waluigi fans are a bit trollish. Yes I know there are true fans out there and I want him too, but a lot of the voice comes from the trolls.
I'll be honest...if that leak is true, I won't be too upset. I do think Geno and Banjo+Kazooie would be better reps for their specific companies than Sora and Steve, but you know...if Shantae got in, I wouldn't care who else got in. Ray Man would be interesting...if only to see how bad his amiibo turns out. :p

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I also started playing Brawlhalla recently and help this control scheme is weird.
It is tricky to get used to when you're used to Smash, and it doesn't help that the tutorial is piss-poor at explaining anything other than the bare minimum, but when you get down to it the controls are actually even more simplistic than Smash's. Basically, everyone has the same light attacks for their bare fists and a given weapon type. It's their weapon heavy attacks that set them apart. Also, there is no up input for attacks, so you'll have to pay attention to whether your neutral light aerial or neutral heavy attack on the ground is upwards facing, and neutral heavy in the air is your "recovery" move, along with a directional airdodge with the shoulder buttons. Finally, you can throw your weapons with the shoulder buttons to attack or get rid of them in favour of another you want to pick up (it always alternates between the two your character can use).

Moving back to Shantae, who'd like to see Young Link flip Tassel Tower and wrestle Wilbur like he does in the updated Twinmold fight?

Shadowknight1

Pretty great edit of the new trailer. Seems to have a way more appropriate tone:

You know...I thought the trailer was oddly quiet...maybe Nintendo did it on purpose for just this reason? So people could put their own musical twist to it?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Remember:
Avoid the light.
With Bolo's ability to turn things inside out, he could be a master of unlocking chests. He was certainly able to do that with a fossil.

Have a cute shantae done

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Shantae stuff from Japan keeps coming! Guess it's not too surprising, when her design likely speaks to them...

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
With Bolo's ability to turn things inside out, he could be a master of unlocking chests. He was certainly able to do that with a fossil.
But I thought Jill was the master of unlock-BANG (looks at the bullet hole in the wall two inches from my head) ...I’ll be quiet.

Pretty great edit of the new trailer. Seems to have a way more appropriate tone:

No, you know what song that video needs?

Have a cute shantae done

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I hope more Japanese fanart of her keeps coming. That is beyond adorable!

Last edited:

Grimacebsx

Smash Apprentice
Remember:
Avoid the light.
I'm not knocking her for being in the game as she is. While I do think she deserves better than that it still it is a great moment for her. Being in smash at all will raise her awareness and popularity even higher.

I do like to try to offer a glass half full perspective I'm always seeing the opposite with Shantae. Being realistic doesn't always mean having to be pessimistic I do genuinely think she has a good chance.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Oh that's a relief. I was worried there they would add Goku said no one ever.

Last edited:

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
I'm not knocking her for being in the game as she is. While I do think she deserves better than that it still it is a great moment for her. Being in smash at all will raise her awareness and popularity even higher.

I do like to try to offer a glass half full perspective I'm always seeing the opposite with Shantae. Being realistic doesn't always mean having to be pessimistic I do genuinely think she has a good chance.
I Know that was just a general comment given the previous page or so. I Liked your theory, it was heart warming.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Wait a minute, have people completely abandoned me, just because of what I've said about Connor?

If so, well then that's absurd. If there is any other reason people have been refraining from speaking to me, I'd really like to know...

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Wait a minute, have people completely abandoned me, just because of what I've said about Connor?

If so, well then that's absurd. If there is any other reason people have been refraining from speaking to me, I'd really like to know...
I’m sure everyone’s just been busy or haven’t had much to say in general, it’s been slow the last few days. Also there’re people just as upset with him as you, so it can’t be that. I’m positive no one here has abandoned you dude.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No, because none of this is in the past. It is still going on right now. You refuse to try and change, you just keep on constantly asking for apologies from people, which is honestly, very lazy. Pathetic.
:urg:.......

Top Bottom